Where can I buy the correct door harness? 2005.5 failure. Need to purchase ASAP.

Sella Turcica

Veteran Member
TDI
none anymore
Less than 150 miles after my camshaft/timing belt replacement, my driver's door harness finally reared it's ugly head. I knew it was coming soon, given the occasional issue on the driver's door panel.

There are a couple of revisions of the harness, from what I understand. Different part numbers and different prices. I do not want to order the wrong one.

I have checked IDParts, ECS tuning and AutohausAZ (online, haven't called). They are my go-to's and they don't seem to have the door harness. I am not going to buy one off of eBay, nor will I ever again deal with RockAuto.

Where can I buy this harness from a place that knows what part they are selling?

Last edited:

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI BOUGHT BACK 23 NOV 16. Now owner of 2016 Jeep Cherokee
1stvwparts but give them a call and make sure Zeb gets you the right one (i belive there are several revisions)

Sella Turcica

Veteran Member
TDI
none anymore
Ended up ordering the 1k5971120g (less-common model) from Deutsche Auto Parts. I suppose I have the monsoon radio after all. Checked the VIN at three places and they all said to get the "G" for my April 2005-build date 2005.5 TDI.

$134 plus my elbow grease is a repair I am not going to sweat. Actually, I'll probably be sweating because NC is pretty hot this time of year, you get the point.

VagPhillips

TDI
2005.5 pkg 2
class action

Save the receipt and try to find the class action suit. It took about a year, bit I got a check last week for the cost of the harness.