Where can I buy Passenger side Rear Splash Shield ?

zimbodel

Veteran Member
TDI
1996-2006 TDI Beetle
Volkswagen dealer wants an arm and a leg for it.
Where can I buy Passenger side Rear (Wheel Well) Splash Shield for a 2006 Volkswagen Beetle TDI 1.9L ?
I have been scouring the internet and nothing comes up.

My shield is gone and the rear wheel splashes water directly on the lights.
It seems to be #12 in the immage below. Ignore the "#11 comment" in the image.

Thanks

Last edited:

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Rock auto doesn’t seem to have the rear liners. However I know that those $10 front liners they do have are very thin, cheap and somewhat brittle.

Ecstuning has the rear oem’s for around $175 each, the fronts are about $65 each. I assume that’s similar to the dealer price? You might try a VW dealer online often they give big discounts and ship stuff reasonably sometimes even free shipping.

zimbodel

Veteran Member
TDI
1996-2006 TDI Beetle
Tdijarhead,
Thanks, I must be using the wrong search term. It was known as a Wheel well "splash cover" for decades, maybe it is called something else nowadays?
Do you know? It might be the reason I cannot find anything.
I contacted Europarts and three other online sellers but got zero response, which means they either dont recognize it or have it.
Volkswagen parts are really difficult to source compared to Mercedes Benz, which is always available and they copst aboput 3x that of Benz in general from the dealer. I have to go aftermarket on body parts to avoid the racket. For critical engine/transmission parts etc I use original VW parts. Nuts bolts and body parts are really difficult with VW.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Front wheel well liner and rear wheel well liner is your search term. Idparts has fronts but no rears.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M

zimbodel

Veteran Member
TDI
1996-2006 TDI Beetle
I looked at Vortex a month ago and it was 270USD. They sure dropped prices to sane levels.
However, I did a quick check and these wont fit a 2006 Beetle.
I will contact them and find out if they have similar for 2006.

zimbodel

Veteran Member
TDI
1996-2006 TDI Beetle
That's just the ticket thank you very much for all the help !
I should have looked at Vortex again, but wrote them off due to huge prices when I searched earlier last month..

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
another option for parts is https://car-part.com/ Do a search and contact a few yards within 500 miles. I've bought sets of rims for $100 shipped and recently got a lower timing belt cover for $40. Dealer wanted $700.