Where Are Your Auxilary Audio Jacks ??

mainframe

Veteran Member
TDI
2 Door, Automatic, Flash Red, Golf 99.5
Auxilary Audio Jack Install Question

I'm installing a new Pioneer Receiver in the next few days, and thinking of running the Auxilary Mini Plug cable somewhere, but where? The Glove Box, Above the Deck, Below the Deck, Out of one of the button blanks?

So if you have done something similar, let me know what you decided to do, or if you havn't, what you think might be cool.:)

Last edited:

somepunk22

Veteran Member
I did mine above the deck. That little shelf above the deck has some openings in the top back of it so I ran it through there. Also I think the only cable I found was 6' long, so its nice to have a spot to fold it up, and keep it out of the way.

larithmos

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
I initially had mine hanging out the side of the center console, but I got some motivation to drill a hole on the inside left wall of the glove box and put a plugin jack there. It looks pretty nice, and the door will still close w/out problems when I have a cable hanging out. The cable hanging out is the only downside I see to it, if its an Ipod or something you can just leave it inside the glovebox. I think no matter where you put it there will be the dangling cable.

mainframe

Veteran Member
TDI
2 Door, Automatic, Flash Red, Golf 99.5
Quote: "drill a hole on the inside left wall of the glove box"

Was it hard to run the cable over to the hole in the glovebox?

If I can get a short cable I might run it above, but otherwise I think the GloveBox makes sense, turn the player on and shut the door.

larithmos

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
Not too difficult, I think there are just six or so screws holding the glove box in, once its out getting the wires from the rear of the radio through is a sinch.

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
yep, 6 screws, 3 on the bottom of the glovebox and 3 inside the glovebox on top. there's also one additional screw in the center console directly under and to the right of the climate control dials - be careful of that one, you need to remove the center console to get to it.. once you get all the screws out, the glovebox and the trim piece between the glovebox and the center stack all comes out in one piece - just a trim clip or two holds it in.

it's easier than I make it sound, but if you forget about the 7th screw under the console, it's pretty easy to break that tab off...