Where are folks hanging out these days?

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Well for their car tech itch. I've found that a lot of the Mercedes forums have had slowed activity. The groups on Facebook have picked up in activity. But I know that not everyone is on Facebook. So where have folks gone to hang out?

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Car tech itch? I have a Volt "electric" car with an on-board gasoline powered electric generator range extender. There's so little to futz with that there is more "How do I sync my apple car play" "How do these wheels look?" "I just filled with gasoline last year. Why does the display say it's stale?" conversation on that forum than any real tech stuff. Boring!
I'm more involved on the RV camper forums. There's a bunch of different systems (water heaters, cable lift, AC/DC/LP fridges, sewage holding tanks, propane pressure regulators, shore power to battery converter chargers, electric brakes) that always need work.
Some bad habits are hard to break though, like lurking on Fred's.

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
Bimmerfest for my x5 plug in hybrid. And i4talk has some decent people as the cars start to arrive in the US.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
I'm on many facebook groups - TDI/B6 Passat/North American 3.0 TDI/Audi C7(A7) plus a bunch more. The constant repeat questions in annoying though - but they are very hard to search for answers. A few mercedes forums. Funny you mention them - when I first started working on a Mercedes, probably 14 or more years ago - the forums were useless. Mostly people that had never changed their own oil or turned a wrench and due to economic downturns were trying to save some money. Definitely much better now. Nissan/Mazda/Toyota/Honda - usually to find electronic copies of service manuals for cars I'm working on.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
i'm still here. on the cape! since i got into tuning, the tdi insanity here has gotten a little out of control.... far worse than ever. actually been thinking lately, i always wanted to have a GTG here... i may just do it, perhaps in the spring... seems like GTGs have almost become a thing of the past?