when does 2013.5 TDI jetta start production of the soft touch dash?

wrander1

TDI
jetta 2013
I am looking to order a 2013.5 TDI jetta... but am holding out for the new dash... any word on when mid year producton starts?

http://askavwsalesguy.com/blog/2012/...-upgrades.html

Quote:

Here is the list of upgrades VW is doing to the Jetta for the 2013 model year. Look for the 2013 Jetta to arrive in late July.
  • Soft touch dashboard on SEL and TDI (mid-model year 2013 for TDI models)

tehDiceman

TDI
2013 Jetta
I ordered mine on November 17th before I knew about the mid year changes. I'm not expecting mine to have one but I'll report back. It's scheduled to arrive mid January.

Sent from my mobile device

wrander1

TDI
jetta 2013
still now word on when the tdi gets the soft touch.

still looking to get a jetta tdi 2013.5 with a soft touch dash... but no one knows when the mid year updates start.

tehDiceman

TDI
2013 Jetta
Well ain't that a *****, I take delivery on my car tomorrow and the build date was 12/4/12. I missed it by a week. *sigh*

Sent from my mobile device

deoncollins69

TDI
2011 jetta sedan 6spM
Hard or soft

What he said! :)
You ever seen a mid 90's dodge hard plastic dash? They crumble in your hands. It all depends on the composition of the product whether it be vinyl or plastic it can all be cheap. The new hybrid I looked at last week while the front speakers were being replaced. It's dash was soft and the two tone seats were UGLY!

SkeeterMark

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6M
True.North - Not from what I was told (and have read). It is only the soft dash change. I think the gassers get the MFD upgrade, but I'm not sure about that.
I like mine how it is, to be honest.