When do you think we will hear anything about incentives to stay with VW?

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Received this from a local dealer yesterday. Offer on back is for $500 off any in stock vehicle IF I choose them as my buy back dealer.

Tenebrae

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Jetta TDI Premium with Nav TURNED IN 03/10/2017
I think I saw that on reddit, too. The reverse also mentioned $250 off vehicles not already in stock.
Not that amazing of a deal, but better than a kick in the shins?

-T.

lucien2

TDI
2013 Golf TDi 6MT Tornado Red
The local MINI dealer sent us a letter offering a $3k discount on any in stock vehicle if we left VW

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Yes, $250 off any other vehicle at their other dealerships.

Not a great offer considering around $4000 off MSRP at local PA/NJ dealerships seems to be the norm right now. Now if you can add it on....that would be more of an incentive.

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2016 Audi Q5 TDI
I have no facts but hold the opinion that once VW dealers have an approved "fix", kits in hand to allow 2015 TDIs to meet emissions standards, and the stop sale is lifted they will price their new/old 2015 TDIs to sell. I don't know whether VW will provide manufacturer rebates on the cars but would hope so. Actual pricing of the cars will probably depend on supply (number of cars in inventory at that dealer and other competing dealers) and demand.

I expect some of the cars will be offered at very attractive prices. I initially placed a deposit with an OR dealer but as I waited I talked myself into buying an Audi that was available at the time and avoided the delay and uncertainty.

If you want a new/old VW TDI and are willing to travel and act quickly I think there will be bargains offered.

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
Just received this from my dealer.

We received good news on October 25th, finally. The settlement has been approved and Volkswagen of America is moving forward with the buy backs and early lease terminations. With this news, you will need to log back into the www.vwcourtsettlement.com website to finalize your offer. The November 1st date for an appointment was a cutoff for them to take mileage and calculate a settlement offer to you. Now that the settlement has been agreed upon by the judge, an acceptance offer needs to be sent into Volkswagen. This is an acceptance letter that is through the court settlement website. This must be notarized and returned to them before an in-dealership appointment will be made to receive your money. We are offering this notary service to our TDI customers free of charge.

For those of you who want to continue your relationship with Volkswagen, we are working on a TDI only in-house program. Further information will be available at your turn in date. We are also welcoming customers to come in and try out the new engines. Yes, the mpg is not as high as your TDI model, but you might be pleasantly surprised with the new gas engines both in power and fuel economy.
We will try to answer any and all questions regarding the settlement process to make this as painless as possible.

We look forward to assisting you with the end of diesel gate and putting this behind us. It has been as long of a road for us as it has been for you.
This is what makes me nervous when the cars I want aren't the ones they usually have laying around in stock... I'd like to know BEFORE my turn in date!

That said, this is a very nice and straight forward letter. I also hope dealers local to me are as cordial.

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)
1000.00 isnt anywhere in the same universe to get me to stay with vw.

volvo, maybe a hybrid rav4, maybe a diesel colorado truck.

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk
I have no facts but hold the opinion that once VW dealers have an approved "fix", kits in hand to allow 2015 TDIs to meet emissions standards, and the stop sale is lifted they will price their new/old 2015 TDIs to sell. I don't know whether VW will provide manufacturer rebates on the cars but would hope so. Actual pricing of the cars will probably depend on supply (number of cars in inventory at that dealer and other competing dealers) and demand.

I expect some of the cars will be offered at very attractive prices. I initially placed a deposit with an OR dealer but as I waited I talked myself into buying an Audi that was available at the time and avoided the delay and uncertainty.

If you want a new/old VW TDI and are willing to travel and act quickly I think there will be bargains offered.
Not just the leftover 15's, but the "remarketed" ones too.

Why not sell back and then buy something comparable or better much cheaper?

I can envision a slightly used 2015 with the fix being much cheaper than a new one, even though it's two years old.

Marlyece

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI DSG
Hybrid Rav4 is compelling at the price point. Reliable, practical, roomy and drama-free. I'm down for drama-free at this point.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
I can see it now.....guys all over the country thinking of buying a "fixed" TDi. Their wives saying "You want to buy WHA-A-TTT???

tdiesling

TDI
2014 Audi A7 Tdi, 2016 Mercedes Sprinter (CDI) 2500 4x4 (DBA as a 2017 Roadtrek SS Agile), (Sold: 2000 Golf Tdi, 1985 Quantum Td, 1980 Rabbit Diesel (totaled)) 2012 Golf Tdi (Emissions purgatory)
My Friendly neighborhood VW dealer just send me a "gift". Can't wait to redeem it;)

phrinda

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI- bought back
Seriously, 3K would be awesome. I've already been talking to several dealers in CT and MA about the Alltrack. I'm looking for a black SEL. My closest dealer has two white SELs that are showing nearly 2k under MSRP. If the dealer were to add 3K more to that I'd give them money now.

GoThingNC

TDI
2011 JSW-Toffee Brown
Looks like the additional rebate can range from .01 to $3K depending on what is purchased.

ypacuba

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
I got this offer for GTI Sport 2017,

"For 7yr 100k GOLD warranty, we can get you at $28,331.50 OTD. For 7yr 100k PLATINUM, it would be only $580 more."

But I need to drive 200 miles to get it. Thinking seriously about it.

71sbeetle

Veteran Member
TDI
1971 Super Beetle, 2014 Golf TDI (soon to be 2017 Golf Wolfsburg), 2015 Silverado LT
"For 7yr 100k GOLD warranty, we can get you at $28,331.50 OTD. For 7yr 100k PLATINUM, it would be only $580 more."
Mine's coming from 2000 miles away, 200 miles is nothing! lol

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
What's the fine print? Is that $3k off MSRP?
"As an incentive, Gunther will match your settlement up to a max of $3,000*...."

It's matching...not an extra/free and clear $3,000 off. You have to hand them $3,000 of the money that VW gives you in order to take advantage of this.

I'm betting this also has a "cannot be combined with other offers" clause.

yehaman

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Received this via email from my dealer today....

JUST ANNOUNCED....$1,000 LOYALTY BONUS FOR CURRENT VOLKSWAGEN OWNERS!!!
(All 2016 and 2017 VW Models Excluding Golf R, #PinkBeetle and Golf Alltrack)

Going on now through the end of November Volkswagen is offering a $1,000 Loyalty Bonus for current Volkswagen owners and you DO NOT have to trade-in your current vehicle! Family members residing at the same address are eligible!

Call Today For More Details! 781-237-3553

Wellesley Volkswagen
231 Linden Street
Wellesley, MA 02482
781-237-3553

71sbeetle

Veteran Member
TDI
1971 Super Beetle, 2014 Golf TDI (soon to be 2017 Golf Wolfsburg), 2015 Silverado LT
Any Volkswagen? Lol

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI

$200 miles? That's only a short trip. Nothing to buy a car you like at a price you're okay with.

I flew from west Texas to Dallas then to St. Paul, MN to get my Audi then drove it 1400 miles home. I hated the air travel part but it was a nice trip and well worth it to get the car I wanted at a price I liked.

conejo_a_cuatro

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS Silver, 2011 JSW Manual - Bought Back. Now 328d Wagon.
Received this from a local dealer yesterday. Offer on back is for $500 off any in stock vehicle IF I choose them as my buy back dealer.

Hah hah, Devon dealers are so sleazy. I couldn't even get them to call me back for a test drive of an A4 manual.

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
There seems to be a lot of concern about customer incentives to keep us TDI owners in VWs. I believe that if you're patient a few more weeks you will see very attractive pricing of unsold 2015 TDIs and recycles TDI buy backs.

Until a "fix" is approved VW doesn't know what will be required and can't calculate the costs. Once the fixes are approved I expect VWAG to provide manufacturer incentives on the 2015s to dealers. Dealer pricing will almost certainly vary but some will have a lot of inventory to move and may offer deep discounts.

Likewise, VWAG and dealers can't yet determine the cost of fixing TDI buy backs or even which cars can be fixed. Once that is known I believe it is almost certain that late model low mileage clean buy backs will be fixed and offered for sale.

High mileage 2009s like mine will probably be crushed.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
There seems to be a lot of concern about customer incentives to keep us TDI owners in VWs. I believe that if you're patient a few more weeks you will see very attractive pricing of unsold 2015 TDIs and recycled TDI buy backs.

Until a "fix" is approved VW doesn't know what will be required and can't calculate the costs. Once the fixes are approved I expect VWAG to provide manufacturer incentives on the 2015s to dealers. Dealer pricing will almost certainly vary but some will have a lot of inventory to move and may offer deep discounts.

Likewise, VWAG and dealers can't yet determine the cost of fixing TDI buy backs or even which cars can be fixed. Once that is known I believe it is almost certain that late model low mileage clean buy backs will be fixed and offered for sale.

High mileage 2009s like mine will probably be crushed.

If you want to keep driving a TDI why not just get the fix on your own car? That way you don't have to pay taxes and title and new car price?