When do we get our letters?

RalphVa

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
When's VW going to send letters to 2009-2015 TDI owners?

Actually ours is a 2010. Probably different letters to 2009-2013 owners vs. newer ones with Urea injection.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Not until the court's comment period is over, evaluated, and the court makes a final decree. I doubt there will be anything in the mail box before Thanksgiving.

FowVay

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta returned to der Führer
I don't know but this weekend continued on with my 80,000 mile service. I did the oil/filter, fuel filter, air filter and cabin air filter.

It was almost a sad event...

RalphVa

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Hmm. May be doing my 80k service as well if the letter isn't until Thanksgiving.

Hoping the tires will pass inspection in October. Otherwise, it's a 3rd set of tires.

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/

What are the next steps?

Judge Charles Breyer will hold what is referred to as a preliminary approval hearing on the proposed Settlements on July 26, 2016. At this hearing, he will hear from the parties about the Settlements.

If the Judge grants preliminary approval, notice will be mailed to owners and lessees announcing the specific terms of the Settlements.* At that time, owners/lessees will learn about their rights to exclude themselves, object, or comment on the Settlements as well as the options available to buyback or modify their car, or terminate their lease.

After the notice period is complete, Judge Breyer will hold another hearing, a final approval hearing, to decide whether the Judge will grant final approval to the Settlements. At the final approval hearing, the Judge will consider comments from owners/lessees on whether the Settlements are fair, reasonable, and adequate.
Letters should go out shortly after the Preliminary Approval on Tuesday July 26. No word on when Judge Breyer will issue the Final Approval, but it will be at least 1 month (after the Comment Period) after the Preliminary Approval.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Thanksgiving may be a bit pessimistic, but I would be surprised if we get anything official before September.

Have Fun!

Don

austintg

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 Technik
Hmm. May be doing my 80k service as well if the letter isn't until Thanksgiving.

Hoping the tires will pass inspection in October. Otherwise, it's a 3rd set of tires.

3rd set? What type do you get? My pirelli's last about 100,000 miles. Warrantee'd to 70k.

autdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 NB, 2003 NB, 2006 Touareg, 2015 Jetta, 2013 Beetle, 2013 Touareg
What type are those? I have never had tires last that long... It your statement is true I will definitely get me a set of those.:rolleyes:
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus, have them on 2 cars now, after 30k on one of the sets, hardly looks worn. Remarkable tires, for the compound to be so hard, yet still able to corner well above the posted caution speed signs. No loss of grip experienced in rain, have snow tires, so they come off in October or November, but otherwise I'm happy with them.

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
At the moment I am living in Europe and need to buy a plane ticket ahead of time to go to the US and sell my car to VW....I appreciate this info.

uncle fishhead

TDI
2012 Golf
https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com/en/

Letters should go out shortly after the Preliminary Approval on Tuesday July 26. No word on when Judge Breyer will issue the Final Approval, but it will be at least 1 month (after the Comment Period) after the Preliminary Approval.

Wrongo:D.....I posted a thread noting that our judge has reserved August 26th on his calendar to consider a motion to dismiss the case against VW. So I'd say that there is "word" as to when final approval might happen.

This doesn't guarantee anything will happen on that date. It might be delayed...or there might be some stumbling block that kills the whole thing. But, I see this as a chance that there might be final approval on that date. If so, Buybacks might start as early as mid September....or as late as mid-November.

TDINJ

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer own one.
Meanwhile I continue to rack the miles on my Passat, lessening it's value at buyback time a little bit every day. This thing just goes on and on and on. I'm at almost 82K miles. I need to do the DSG service...

LRTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 16 GSW... Just the LR diesel now
Meanwhile I continue to rack the miles on my Passat, lessening it's value at buyback time a little bit every day. This thing just goes on and on and on. I'm at almost 82K miles. I need to do the DSG service...
Why bother?

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Are you going to sell back?

Skip it

austintg

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 Technik
What type are those? I have never had tires last that long... It your statement is true I will definitely get me a set of those.:rolleyes:

Pirelli Centurato P7 treadwear 700 LRR. I get them from tire rack.

leeloo67

TDI
2004 Jetta wagon TDI; 2009 Jetta TDI
What we did was park our 2009 and got a replacement already.

If you want to hear pain I had the EGR gasket replaced a few months ago (had kicked on a CEL). I've probably got an argument for getting that money back. Honestly the buyback plus the extra cash they are offering I'm fine with just to be done with it all. Sucks, I was really hoping to have this car for a long long time. 43 mpg pretty much regularly...

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
I've got almost 103k on mine... Hopefully no major maintenance till the buyback can commence... I can get to 120k before I have to soak any money to speak of in it as I have a couple of oil filters and a fuel filter to get me the thru for a while.. Luckily my R32 uses the same oil filter so I can reuse some stuff later...

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
Wrongo:D.....I posted a thread noting that our judge has reserved August 26th on his calendar to consider a motion to dismiss the case against VW. So I'd say that there is "word" as to when final approval might happen.

This doesn't guarantee anything will happen on that date. It might be delayed...or there might be some stumbling block that kills the whole thing. But, I see this as a chance that there might be final approval on that date. If so, Buybacks might start as early as mid September....or as late as mid-November.
I believe Sept. 16th is the 'opt-out' date, and also the last day to file a claim as an eligible seller. I don't expect buybacks to start until October.

Shawn MacAnanny

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
I was checking on recalls by vin on the vw website , found one that came out in March for an electrical connector but I didn't even receive the notice until May to notify me and tell me parts weren't available. As much as I'd like to see this expedited I don't see any cars getting bought back this year.

bring

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Jetta SEL, DSG
mine arrived at 8:01 this morning - nothing important in the message though

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta

What do you mean case dismissed? Did you hear something that indicated that VW could get off the hook?

akafirestorm

TDI
JSW 2011
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus, have them on 2 cars now, after 30k on one of the sets, hardly looks worn. Remarkable tires, for the compound to be so hard, yet still able to corner well above the posted caution speed signs. No loss of grip experienced in rain, have snow tires, so they come off in October or November, but otherwise I'm happy with them.
I concur 100% these are tires of awesomeness! After two sets of Extreme Contacts I went with these and will never look back!
They ride great in all weather cornering great.

austintg

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 Technik
I concur 100% these are tires of awesomeness! After two sets of Extreme Contacts I went with these and will never look back!

They ride great in all weather cornering great.

Seriously! The P7's are the best I've own by far.