When do single stage fix car owners get paid?

GT4Point6

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI 2105 Passat TDI
The settlement paperwork I had to have notarized only says that the two stage fix car owners will receive 2/3 on the first part and the other 1/3 on the second part. Nothing is mentioned on the single stage, 2014 and earlier cars, when they get the monies.

So when do we get our settlement?

I called VW and got the "we think you will get paid when your car is fixed" answer.
My reply "Sorry not good enough, try again, you shouldn't be "thinking" when we will get paid. You outlined very specifically on when the two stage car owners get paid but do not mention anything for the single stage fix cars."

Then they said they would escalate it to a supervisor and get back to me in three days, that was seven days ago and nothing...

If I read something outlining a payment schedule being 2/3 then 1/3 for the two stage fix being delayed for the fix, and NOTHING on the single stage fix, my ASSUMPTION is that there is no delay like there is for the two stage fix. If not, then they would have outlined the delay for the single stage fix in the paperwork I had to have notarized.

Has anyone gotten paid for a single stage fix car they are keeping?
When do we get paid and were is that written?
Assumptions and thinking did not work for VW, probably why I never got a call back.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
You get paid when you get the fix. It's written in the settlement agreements, in the long form class notice, and in several places in this forum. So no, nobody has gotten paid for the single-stage fix, because nobody has had it done yet, because no such fix has been approved yet.

jimbo1mcm

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM Blue 2015 SEL TDI PREMIUM's Silver and Blue
Think a few have now gotten fix money.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
"No fix, no checks" (or EFT's either).

I believe if there is never a fix for your kind of car, you will still have the option of selling the car back and getting paid the buy back compensation.

larrydk

Veteran Member
TDI
Sportwagen
My first phase "fix" is scheduled for 1-31. This was prompted through the VW website. It was all scheduled on-line so I'm waiting for a call from the dealership saying they don't have instructions yet.

I received a packet in the mail from VW (it's also available of the claims portal). It explains details of the first phase, but does not say anything about retribution.

One positive, IMO, is a significant extended warranty up to 11 years and 162,000 miles which appears to cover everything.

Tinman265

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen Sunroof/Nav Platnium Grey Metallic, Titan Black Interior, 6 speed manual. Took the buyback 1-6-17 - Loan payoff 1-17-17
There is no fix restitution for 2014 and earlier unless they come up with an approved emission modification. If there is no approved modification then the only way to get restitution is go through with the buyback otherwise you can always do nothing and opt out.

GT4Point6

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI 2105 Passat TDI
Thanks all, just wish they would have put that in the agreement that had to be notarized. It says you will get a fix, it says you will be paid, but doesn't relate one to the other as to which comes first, well not for the 2014 and older cars anyway. Very specific on the 2015+ payments.

How hard what that have been? 5th grader work right there....

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
It's real simple -
1. You have a 2015 TDI -
A. you can take the 2 stage fix. get the stage 1 , get 2/3 of the money, once you get
stage2, get the remaining 1/3 .
B Do the buyback
C. Do nothing, get no money

2. Anything else - you're still waiting for a fix to be approved. Your options RIGHT NOW
A. buyback
B do nothing - this means no fix, but also means no money

If EPA / CARB do approve a fix for the Gen1 and / or Gen2

A. Get the fix, get the money for that
B do the buyback
C do nothing, but get no money

Straight forward. You have until summer / early fall 2018 to make a decision on what to do.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
If you paid my cat to get fixed before the fixing appointment, he would never show up at the animal hospital!!!

MBQ

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr DSG
So we should hear by march 13th if there is such a fix for gen 1.

VW will submit the plan by Jan. 27th, and EPA/CARB say "yes" or "no" to it in 45 days.