Wheel advice

HenryGrisham

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI CJAA manual
I drive a MK6 Jetta TDI with no real upgrades besides a tune. I am relatively new to the VW community and I am having a hard time finding a clear path to take with my car's upgrades so I figure wheels would be a good place to start (little did I know how complicated shopping for wheels is). After much searching, I decided to consult the forums for advice. The main features I am looking for in wheels are #1 lighter than stock, #2 wider than stock (I hate the fitment of my current wheels with a passion), #3 larger than stock but not too big that the ride quality is hampered 17-18 inches Is what I hear is reasonable, #4 easy to maintain (I do not want to have to clean them every weekend). My budget is around $400-$500 for the whole set. Please let me know what you recommend, or if what I am looking for is even reasonable at all. Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks, and if I do not reply to your responses right away It is simply because I am not used to using this forum yet.

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
The only set of wheels you’re going to find for $4-500 are a set of OE VW or Audi wheels, which with a few exceptions are not light wheels. Even the 17” are usually well over 20 lbs each.

I prefer 17” wheels as they offer good performance, light weight and and tire prices are very reasonable, even premium tires.

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
If you decide on size and know which offset you want (that right there gets tricky....when you come from americanized "inch backspace"..lol) you can look here in classifieds or over at VWvortex.....you may find more options there as those guys change wheels n tires like underwear!

Good info: https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

Last edited: