Whats up South Florida TDI Community?

alexus

TDI
Jetta MkV
Hello from Sarasota!

Just bought my first TDI, and am very happy!

It's so new, I haven't even bought my first tank of fuel yet. :) And at the rate I am going, it looks like it's going to be a while, until I do.

tdi_nate

TDI
03' Beetle -- *bubba*
hello everyone -- I've had my TDI beetle for a while but I never got into the forums too much.

I went to the TDI GTG, good times. :)

I'm one of the organizers for the SFL GTG hosted in Feb/March every year. It'd be great to get a nice group of TDI's going early on to represent at the show in 2008. We usually set up a reserved area for the air cooled and clubs. We can try to do the same for tdi's. I'll let you know the exact date once it's confirmed.

Let me know if you're interested in getting something going. ::waves:: ciao!

WolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
Tdi

Hook it up, Nate. I'm ususally there, but this past year there were only three of us. I know we are a cheap bunch, but c'mon it only takes a few dollars of diesel to get there from anywhere!

tdi_nate

TDI
03' Beetle -- *bubba*
Even if it's just a few of us, it'd be nice to park together.

But more details about that will come once I get the dte confirmed with the park and the show gets closer. :)

Pitboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 2 Door
tdi_nate said:
Even if it's just a few of us, it'd be nice to park together.

But more details about that will come once I get the dte confirmed with the park and the show gets closer. :)
I think there will be more than 3 or 4 this year. Seems like much more activity in S.FL than in the past years. Sucks Jordan sold his TDI. :(

Pitboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 2 Door
Looks like in Feb at the SFLGTG unless, you set something up in the meantime. I'd be in for a dyno GTG but don't have the spare time to set anything up.

Sherv64

TDI
02 Beetle
Let me know when this GTG is planned, we have to bid on vacation in october for the next calendar year!
it sucks now being off on the weekends

greg

Pitboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 2 Door
Sherv64 said:
Let me know when this GTG is planned, we have to bid on vacation in october for the next calendar year!
it sucks now being off on the weekends

greg
Poor baby, weekends off....
I feel your pain. I thought I had it rough having to do vacation picks in early November.

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
I currently reside in Tallahassee, but would be willing to make the trip for a GTG. I read on the forum there is a GTG in Ocala this november. Anyone going?

tdi_nate

TDI
03' Beetle -- *bubba*
I know we've tried dyno days before, on, and after the SFL GTG. I know one of our vendors held one after the GTG this year at their shop. So I'll give you a heads up if they plan one again.

Our main focus this year is to make it a VW filled weekend since a lot of the dubbers make it from as far as Canada. So, we're trying to plan it with the air cooled show that goes on in South Miami around the same time of year.

tdi_nate

TDI
03' Beetle -- *bubba*
dieselpower04 said:
I currently reside in Tallahassee, but would be willing to make the trip for a GTG. I read on the forum there is a GTG in Ocala this november. Anyone going?
Haven't heard of one. I've only heard of FixxFest going on in Bradenton on the 28th of October (I think that's the date anyway).

Do you have any details on it?

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
tdi_nate said:
Haven't heard of one. I've only heard of FixxFest going on in Bradenton on the 28th of October (I think that's the date anyway).

Do you have any details on it?
No I don't have any information on this. I have a friend who lives near there. Any info on the matter would be great. I emailed someone about something in novemeber, but I haven't heard back. Thanks in advance

adiesel

TDI
Golf, 2000, Silver
Hello,
It’s exciting to know I’m not alone in South Florida. Does anyone know about a bio diesel gas station in Ft. Lauderdale area?
Alek

tdi_nate

TDI
03' Beetle -- *bubba*
If there's anyone interested in going to h2o international next week, let me know. We've got a rally set-up (there's about 5 cars going from Miami and two from Atlanta).

Braga_Dub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH Golf
tdi_nate said:
If there's anyone interested in going to h2o international next week, let me know. We've got a rally set-up (there's about 5 cars going from Miami and two from Atlanta).
Watch out in VA, cops are ubber anal. And its illegal to use radar detectors there, remember. ;)

Once you get to the Northern VA area, watch out for ****ty roads. Best way is to go from I-91, to 495E, then 50E. While on 495 watch for funky areas near bridges. Hopefully they fixed them.

tdi_nate

TDI
03' Beetle -- *bubba*
Braga_Dub said:
Watch out in VA, cops are ubber anal. And its illegal to use radar detectors there, remember. ;)

Once you get to the Northern VA area, watch out for ****ty roads. Best way is to go from I-91, to 495E, then 50E. While on 495 watch for funky areas near bridges. Hopefully they fixed them.
Thanks for the heads up. It's my third trip to h2o and the GA and VA cops are always the worst. We usually get a speeding award in one of the two.

We're taking 95 all the way up like we have in the past. It's never been that bad.

Pitboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 2 Door
tdi_nate said:
Thanks for the heads up. It's my third trip to h2o and the GA and VA cops are always the worst. We usually get a speeding award in one of the two.

We're taking 95 all the way up like we have in the past. It's never been that bad.
Watch out for cops in Ga around Pooler before you get to Savannah.

Had a nice chat with a Va trooper a few weeks ago. Tried to tell me my aftermarket wheels had thrown my speedometer off. 1st time I had been pulled over for speeding when I wasn't. He finally let me go.:)

tca32123

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDi, Platinum Grey, Grey Leather, ESP, Monsoon Radio and 2003 Jetta Wagon TDi, Forest Green, slush box for the wife
My wife's 03 wagon is getting near the time for a TB change. We are in the Tamarac area and was wondering if anyone knew of a trusted guru in the S. Florida area that could do the work?

Any leads are appreciated!!

Andy

Geordi

Veteran Member
Somewhere between Heaven and Hell. But it is reall
TDI
14 JSW DSG, 03 Wagon 01M, 400k and IPT performance auto!
Pitboy said:
Watch out for cops in Ga around Pooler before you get to Savannah.

Had a nice chat with a Va trooper a few weeks ago. Tried to tell me my aftermarket wheels had thrown my speedometer off. 1st time I had been pulled over for speeding when I wasn't. He finally let me go.:)
Todd, you got LUCKY. Va trooper clocked a HILL doing whatever (He was pointed directly at it with a fixed dashgun), then tried to tell me that my Jetta was going 92 in a 65 (Which he would "generously" lower to 88)... Except that I was supposed to be doing this while I was going UP a hill, behind a semi truck... In a Jetta with a broken turbo. (Limp mode, dealer said replace turbo, it was a blown MAF that I hadn't found yet)

Yea, right. I'm computer-limited to 70mph, and you think I'm going 92 UPHILL behind that truck? No, I don't think so.

Too bad that they copied down my DL number as all zeros. That will never be paid. :D

I hate Va. I'll drive AROUND it if I need to go to DC or points north.

Last edited:

Geordi

Veteran Member
TDI
tca32123 said:
My wife's 03 wagon is getting near the time for a TB change. We are in the Tamarac area and was wondering if anyone knew of a trusted guru in the S. Florida area that could do the work?

Andy
Contact Pitboy. Todd worked on mine, and now I'd swear he installed a rocket booster (JATO) when I wasn't looking. :D EXTREMELY fair on pricing, and solid work.

Pitboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 2 Door
tca32123 said:

Andy
Andy,
Sent you a PM and email. I'm in Coral Springs.

Todd

Pitboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 2 Door
Geordi 01JetTDI said:
Contact Pitboy. Todd worked on mine, and now I'd swear he installed a rocket booster (JATO) when I wasn't looking. :D EXTREMELY fair on pricing, and solid work.
Thanks Jim. Glad it's running good.

Geordi

Veteran Member
TDI
Yea, I think it's even stronger than right after the TB change, it ABSOLUTELY has more power than it had before. I don't know what else Everglades might have done to it, but the car has really woken up.

Reading your sig tho... Modding is certainly an incurable disease. I'm looking to buy a Jeep Liberty CRD... And I've already purchased my first mod for it. And I don't even have the truck yet! :D