Whats up South Florida TDI Community?

Y2K BORA

Veteran Member
i didnt know where else to post this so ......i just wanted to shout out to all the south florida tdi people. i rarely find anything tdi related in south florida maybe we should change that? or maybe im just not in the loop or something. like a once a month tdi gathering would be nice or something. any way if any of you guys or gals see this bump the post ...i am Y2K BORA or Ryan and reside in Boca raton .whats up sfl tdi community!

EatsOil

TDI
2003 Golf GL 2dr
Hello from Pompano,
Ryan it would be nice to see a TDI gathering. You can learn alot about your car just by talking to people with more experience.
I wouldn't mind modding my car but I really don't know the best route to take as far as combination and the best place to find parts locally if thats possible. Been waiting for a GTG in South Florida so maybe my car can get chipped but I think I just missed it.

Bruce

UMTDi

TDI
2000 Golf - Black, 1996 Passat Variant - White
I'm in the Kendall area and would be very interested in a GTG. I've reached out to a couple of folks in the area as I have a VAG-COM and some mechanicl skills, but I don't have lots of free time to organize. I really couldn't host (though I have the space) a month at least though. We're expecting our 3rd child any day now. If you guys would like to GTG sometime in late June or July I could host as long as someone else does the organizing.
Let's keep the thread going and PM/email for contact numbers . . .
Manuel

Y2K BORA

Veteran Member
This cant be it!

Hello to all that have posted,
its a start but i hope there are more of us out there. Has anyone ever attended the miami vw get together on thursday nights? if we dont have enough for a meet maybe a ride one night over to the miami vw meet might be in order?i think its at tropical park or something its like 45 min ride for me but it might be worth the ride if they have a big turn out.

any way lets keep this going ...this way if something does go down we kinda have a record of local tdi's who want invites.

it would be great to be able to meet up and discuss our mods and vehicles in person on a regular basis. bonus of gtg like tuning ect comes after we get a good meet going sounds like great possibilities.

djw20902

TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6sp Manual, Shark Blue
One more TDI here in Hollywood\Dania Beach. I see at least one TDI each day but I guess not too many of them are members. I'm up for a GTG

PJH_06

TDI
06 Jetta
Busy but like the idea

Hey to all from North Palm Beach. I'm just discovering the world that is TDI. Would like to explore and meet like minded people. I run to Orlando and back weekly in my TDI and love it, the fuel mileage that is.

Y2K BORA

Veteran Member
i have been to the towers meet but along time ago ....if its still going i might go check it out see if its poppin ill let you guys know...maybe next friday...

Ephry

TDI
2003 GLS Golf TDI
Hello Bora. I am moving to the Melbourne area as of July of this year. I have owned my share of Vdubs(aircooled mostly) and those who frequent the Shoptalkforums know me from way back. I love my 2003 TDI Golf, and I have started to make minor mods to it as of the last two years. The first mods I definitely recommend are better tires, and better brakes(rotors, pads) and go from there. Will be nice to have gatherings and share resources. If you guys surf or bodyboard, even better.

Sincerely,

Ephry

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
Howdy from Travis in Palm City. I have done several performance mods and would be interested in attending a gtg if someone sets it up! Anyone know where to get biodiesel besides Melbourne or Miami?

Last edited:

str8edg

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Passat SE
I'd be down for some GTG's. I moved down from the Philly area where there always seemed something was going on in NJ, PA, or MD. Haven't done much to my TDI since i been down here, but my paint sure isn't liking the sun. I'm thinking about getting her painted...i can't give up the tdi :D i just have to make her look as flawless as she drives :rolleyes:

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
Miami here, new to the TDI VW community 1 weekonly. Would love to meet some other people and throw some ideas around.

AMMOENDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS TDI
Hello All

Top of the Morning to all of you in South Florida. I would like to attend a GTG in June or July but unfortuately I am serving my country in the desert this summer. I won't be back until late August sometime. Am I the furthest in South Florida so far? I live in Homestead with Florida City as my back yard. Actually Florida City is where my mail is delivered from.
Well everyone take care and would love to hear from other South Floridians.

Ammo Endi

nivram

TDI
06 Jetta
Another SFL TDI'r

Hello folks, I'd be interested in meeting some fellow TDI folks. I'm usually in Lauderhill or Miami. I have a MK5 Jetta.

Y2K Bora, do you have any more pics of your ride?

Marvin

DKSD39

TDI
04 Golf 5spd Black w/RC
Hello, from Hollywood-- I am interested in a GTG if someone sets it up. I also have a VAG-COM.

Y2K BORA

Veteran Member
so i visited pitboy some days ago and he installed my omi for me.shout out to pitboy thank you very much im enjoying every second. it puts you at ease when you can trust someone with your baby:) ......about the pics of my ride i have some id post but dont know how.. pm me maybe you can help

Y2K BORA

Veteran Member
DKSD39.....do you know how to reduce the value that controls the egr.. so it doesnt cake up on me again over time? i remember reading something about that.

nivram

TDI
06 Jetta
Y2K BORA said:
so i visited pitboy some days ago and he installed my omi for me.shout out to pitboy thank you very much im enjoying every second. it puts you at ease when you can trust someone with your baby:) ......about the pics of my ride i have some id post but dont know how.. pm me maybe you can help
Here you go. Just copy the code on your slide show that says image for forum and paste into thread like so...

Very clean ride.

nivram

TDI
06 Jetta
DKSD39 said:
Hello, from Hollywood-- I am interested in a GTG if someone sets it up. I also have a VAG-COM.
Do you know how to add the window up or down via keyless remote?

Pitboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 2 Door
After seeing the car in person, the pics just don't do it justice!

Ryan, nice meeting you. Thanks for bottle.;) Give me a shout about your EGR sometime.

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
nivram said:
Do you know how to add the window up or down via keyless remote?
This feature is not controlled by vag-com. A separate purchase is required, I bought the KVW100 module from worldimpex. It works well and also provides a power boost to the trunk release. The only problem is that the windows will go back up after some period of time, this can be fixed with vag-com I think but I've yet to figure that out. I did use my Vag-com to make all doors unlock with one push of the button.
Here is a thread link for module options:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=1584328&highlight=impex+window+module#post1584328

Y2K BORA

Veteran Member
Every morning i walk out to it and it puts a smile on my face:).....thanks guys.....o about the window up down thing back in like 2001 i bought what looked like small board with some resistors on it from i believe a place called alien tech so i can use stock remote and key to put windows up down or vented... i rarely use anything but the roll up function.

Y2K BORA

Veteran Member
any ideas

I dont know what to do about my strut tower bar....with the bolt head that popped off. for those who have not seen it my strut tower bar is bolted down to the car and one of the heads of one of the bolts popped str8 off ...leaving the rest in the car. :confused: so how do i fix it?

and about the egr delete i have look into that...anyone know if the egr delete or racepipe throws a cel ...or has any side effects that are unwanted in a 2000?

Last edited:

EatsOil

TDI
2003 Golf GL 2dr
It will throw a cel unless you are chipped. But I also heard the older cars 1999 to 2002 are less sensitive and sometimes takes a long time to trip a code and that every car reacts differently.

Bruce

Pitboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 2 Door
Y2K BORA said:
I dont know what to do about my strut tower bar....with the bolt head that popped off. for those who have not seen it my strut tower bar is bolted down to the car and one of the heads of one of the bolts popped str8 off ...leaving the rest in the car. :confused: so how do i fix it?

and about the egr delete i have look into that...anyone know if the egr delete or racepipe throws a cel ...or has any side effects that are unwanted in a 2000?
Probably have to take the upper strut mount loose to get to the bolt.

EGR, mine never threw a code. The early cars weren't supposed to have an issue with it. Try the delete, if it throws a code, hook it back up & swing by the house and I'll clear the code.