What updates/upgrades made you LOVE your TDI?

Amzx08

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL
Hi all,

Help me curb the desire to over-spend in buying a "new" vehicle, haha!. :rolleyes:

Believe me when I say I love my 2015 GSW SEL TDi. I just want to LOVE love it. So.......

What updates or upgrades did you do to your ride that made your heart sing?

On my very short wish list: MIB2 upgrade (Holy Mother, it's a lot to read and follow).

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Tune it. If it were an ALH I would say a VNT17 and 3bar MAP sensor and think about more later. The time is cheaper though.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
If it has a manual transmission, a DieselGeek short shifter. I loved what it did for my TDI.

Have Fun!

Don

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
I liked my 2012 Golf TDI a lot before it was tuned. NOW it is a whole other animal, and I love it. Trust me, tune it.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Rainx wiper fluid, quality led or hid lights of aplicable my mk3 was a huge difference once done properly with cutoffs, tune, horn blasters train horn kit!
Top 4 mods I did that really made me want to drive it

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Washer fluid level sensor in newer models doesn't play well with some "washer fluids". I think the RainX bugX is the worst, but be careful washer fluid other than plain fluid. The probes of the sensor get fouled and low fluid warning won't go away.

1)Tune (be careful - no matter what you get, you will always want more;) )
2)Less sidewall - cheapest solution for me to get rid of extra body roll and tighten up the ride, without making it stiff and bouncy or costing a couple $G vs good full suspension.
3)Better lighting - 2015 being the exception most TDI don't have option of OEM HID or LED. Don't skimp here - you want a good pattern and throw, and you don't want glitchy or lights that quit in the middle of nowhere.

From here it becomes subjective to what is important. I have a truck with no radio that got driven 2500+ miles across country, so I can do without a radio. But I'm also techie so the newest radios make me drool.... BTW here is a link to golfMk7 forum on MIB 1 to 2 It took a long time but I sourced some GLI Recaro seats to improve over basic cloth. Heated steering wheel was in the works (before errant driver). Had the leather 3 spoke steering wheel (huge improvement in MkIV). Depending on driving style brakes will make you more confidant and love driving more.

I could go on but I like my top three.

Jason

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
Tighten up the “nut” behind the wheel first lol. That piece of advice was shared with me when I first started driving and it’s proved true. Take a couple of high performance driving schools and it will amaze you how much harder you can push your car even when it’s completely stock. Then, with the knowledge you gained from the driving schools, you can better decide what aspects of the car you want to change.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Hi all,
Help me curb the desire to over-spend in buying a "new" vehicle, haha!. :rolleyes:
Believe me when I say I love my 2015 GSW SEL TDi. I just want to LOVE love it. So.......
What updates or upgrades did you do to your ride that made your heart sing?
On my very short wish list: MIB2 upgrade (Holy Mother, it's a lot to read and follow).
Given that you're specifically talking about your Mk7 2015 GSW TDI, you might get better (more) responses over in the Mk7 sub-forum.

But as long as we're here....
1. If you have DSG, DSG tune - you'll appreciate it every time you drive, and it won't (in theory) void the extended emissions warranty like an engine tune (most likely) will.
2. MIB2 & Active Info Display - maps in the instrument cluster, configurable...so nice!
3. If you don't have the Lighting package... becautoparts.com replica bi-xenon headlights.
4. WeatherTech floor mats (it's the small things sometimes :))

Fahrvegnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
01 golf 1.9 alh gls silver
horn blasters train horn kit
Wow ? Fascinating! I looked it up and what a jaw dropping experience concerning the price! I needed this yesterday when a pickup cut me off at about 40 mph. My reaction sent me airborne over a median into opposing traffic and a second hellacious skid plate episode to right myself again in the intended lane of traffic. My horn was loud and jarring but I wanted one of these train horns to deter such maneuvering from ever again occur. What insanity! The skid plate saved the day as that curb was at least half the height of my wheels

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Wow ? Fascinating! I looked it up and what a jaw dropping experience concerning the price! I needed this yesterday when a pickup cut me off at about 40 mph. My reaction sent me airborne over a median into opposing traffic and a second hellacious skid plate episode to right myself again in the intended lane of traffic. My horn was loud and jarring but I wanted one of these train horns to deter such maneuvering from ever again occur. What insanity! The skid plate saved the day as that curb was at least half the height of my wheels
I have a video of it. I never took pictures but eh. Bog set up, many upgrades on the train horns.