What turbo to buy?update

Wigstdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
Received my gtb1756vk from got tuned today and an very happy with it. Had to RE weld the exhaust to accept the flange, no biggy. Did the supply oil and return oil lines, got the fmic RE mounted and the lower charge pipe with new pancake pipe. Did the DIY lift and ghetto MOD air shocks used Gabriel high jackers ( nice kit) and an getting 215/70/15 geolanders mounded tomorrow then can finish the charge pipe and install the intake and turbo inlet pipe. Then she will be ready to fire!!! New oil t6 rotella new TV well 75 miles on it turbo failed shortly after the IP went 220k and rolling strong update this again tomorrow night pics on way

kidflyr

"Behind the Redwood Curtain" Boulder Creek, CA
TDI
2003 Golf ALH
I too have the Geolandar G015's. I think you will like them in most conditions. Felt a bit squishy at first (25 psi from the shop) so I put them at sidewall pressure and I liked them much better. Took about 200 miles to get all the mold release lube to dissipate. Get some miles on them and try a few different tire pressures to see what you like best. On my 15" golf steelies, they are heavy, about 45lbs per corner, but they're very nice for driving fire roads and forestry road with lots of highway in between. Looking forward to pictures of your new setup!

Wigstdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
Pics posted on my page waiting for omi to arrive and gonna fire it tomorrow:) can't wait to hear her purr

Wigstdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
I too have the Geolandar G015's. I think you will like them in most conditions. Felt a bit squishy at first (25 psi from the shop) so I put them at sidewall pressure and I liked them much better. Took about 200 miles to get all the mold release lube to dissipate. Get some miles on them and try a few different tire pressures to see what you like best. On my 15" golf steelies, they are heavy, about 45lbs per corner, but they're very nice for driving fire roads and forestry road with lots of highway in between. Looking forward to pictures of your new setup!
Awesome news and I def will try various setting thanks for the heads up.

Wigstdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
Pic have been up loaded to my albums as IDK how to post them here.

Wigstdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
Love the lift and new turbo it quite the head turner now. She goes like heck too. Thanks everyone for the help and very satisfied with the build

Typrus

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Black Jetta Sedan GLS/TDI 5mt
Go to the picture you want to add- you will see a copy link at the bottom, copy it and paste it in a post.
Happy with the spool?

Wigstdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
Oh yea with the lift and tires peak boost at 2100. Turbo pulls harder below 3500 but still good @ the top about three less lbs. It is a bullet wheel so that's expected other wise super happy

Wigstdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
I never made a post on then but at 50 PSi I have 30.5 Inches in the rear. They were a cross reference at auto zone for the shocks used in the ghetto MOD.49228 is the part number comes with shrader valve lines clips. I pressed out the bottom bushing on the press and installed bushing I had from a propane swaybar kit they fit perfect. I got sleeves from tractor store and up graded from 3/8 to 1/2 grade right bolts. But had to drill lower shocks holes bigger. I used a few washers to center it. Now the top. I used the bushing from the factory shock just need to clean the rubber off and it fits right in the upper shock mount. I did do the lift with 1*1 hot rolled box tubing 3/16 thick per side. I did not try to fit them with out lift. As the top half of the shocks are fatter and may not clear the side. Nice cushy ride but I'm at 30 PSi and can go 200 it claims