What time frame did the dealer give you?

BlackLab

TDI
2012 Passat if it ever gets here.
I ordered mine on November 4th. Opra Red Black interior, SEL TDI Premium. They say it is in production. Not sure what that means. Dealership does not seem to be able to tell me anything except that it is in "Production".

tdiot

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI 350000mi, Mercedes E320 CDI, 96 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 96 Serro Scotty Cummins RV, 93 Toyota Hilux 4x4 3.0 TD.
Well I got mine after much frustration. VW, not known for good customer service anyway are on the verge of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with this product launch. It amazes me that the pay huge salaries to marketing executives and advertising agencies that apparently cannot find thier own *******s with both hands. The disconnect between the dealerships and the manufacturing representatives truly beggars belief. I really feel for you guys waiting to spend good hard earned cash on this vehicle, its a great car but they are trying to take the good out of it.

firedwg1

Veteran Member
TDI
10 GSW, 12 Pass SEL, Tesla MS
I ordered mine on November 4th. Opra Red Black interior, SEL TDI Premium. They say it is in production. Not sure what that means. Dealership does not seem to be able to tell me anything except that it is in "Production".

well get in line :)

You can likely expect your car to be ready for pickup in April. The dealer can tell you the ETA of that order. Ask them to show you.

FormerOwner

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6spd; Former Owner 02 MkIV wagon
WOW! I've called a few VW dealerships in ATL and in Birmingham... some dealers suggest 2 month wait, others say 6 weeks...

I have enjoyed reading about and researching this car. I've built and priced my Passat online... TDI SE 6M, Silver, Corn Silk Interior. If I could outsource some VW splashguards from a reputable source I'd buy 'em and install 'em myself (wink out there to you vendors!!)

I hope that this car is better for me than my '11 Honda Accord is... I can't stand it... uncomfortable seating for me.

BlackLab

TDI
2012 Passat if it ever gets here.
Hopefuly I am getting closer to the front of the line. I could have bought a white one off the lot but I wanted red so I wait.

TDIHawg

TDI
Passat TDI SEL(on order)
I ordered a black TDI SEL Premium first week of October. Like everyone else, was told to expect 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. That changed after 6 weeks where I was told that the car was "Released for Production" on 11/23 and expected a late December delivery. My sales person now gives me a January 20 delivery date. My sales guy still hasn't given me a VIN and tells me they are sending the cars twice through the factory to make sure everything is done right.... Wondering what are the odds I actually get a car on the 20th. I'm tiring of the wait and starting to look at other car options..

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
My sales guy still hasn't given me a VIN and tells me they are sending the cars twice through the factory to make sure everything is done right...
I assume this comment by your sales guy wasn't intended to be taken literally, although I speculate there's some truth to it.

I contend VWoA is being very aggressive about QC and production is suffering, in order to produce the best car possible. I have absolutely no proof for this, other than a gut feeling. They're "damned if they do, damned if they don't."

Sadly, they're going to lose a few passionate customers in the process.

Sparkles

TDI
2012 SEL Premium - 145k miles
I contend VWoA is being very aggressive about QC and production is suffering, in order to produce the best car possible. I have absolutely no proof for this, other than a gut feeling. They're "damned if they do, damned if they don't."

Sadly, they're going to lose a few passionate customers in the process.
So they why were there a half-dozen different Passat TDI commercials played during the NFL games yesterday? Why still market something that they know they are way behind on production of?

They are just setting themselves up for more problems.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
In the grand scheme of marketing, they're not way behind. Branding takes a LOOONG time. Some might argue that a gradual ramp-up is better, in the long run.
Ultimately, they'll get it right, end up over-producing, excess will sit on the lot, and all you impatient folk will then be annoyed at all the discounted Passat TDIs on the lots!

Sharky

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI manual, 2012 Passat TDI manual
Update

Ordered car November 8, 2011

Dealer callled today saying my car was built and is now in transit to the port.
Expects the car to be delivered to the dealer the week of February 6.

It's a Canadian Order TDI Trendline+ 6speed in Night Blue Metallic.

Micbost1

TDI
2009 Jetta Sedan
So my car (ordered in Nov) is now due to be delivered in April, I'm worried now that it is too close to the 2013 model year announcement. Assuming a September announcement, I will only have had my car for a few months before it is already "old". What if the 2013 cars come with better options available. Will you guys be upset? I think I might be VERY upset.

Sharky

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI manual, 2012 Passat TDI manual
So my car (ordered in Nov) is now due to be delivered in April, I'm worried now that it is too close to the 2013 model year announcement. Assuming a September announcement, I will only have had my car for a few months before it is already "old". What if the 2013 cars come with better options available. Will you guys be upset? I think I might be VERY upset.
Yeah I hear ya on that one.
Cars are a lot like computers .. as soon as you buy one something newer and better comes out. We bought a 2011 Golf TDI Highline that had the ugly 16" porto wheels. Now the 2012 Golf TDI Highline comes with the better looking 17" porto wheels which I rather have.

MarkB

TDI
2012 Passat
SE Sunroof and Nav

Ordered my SE w/sunroof and nav on 11/26, dealer originally told me to expect 12 weeks. Three weeks ago dealer said delivery near the first of Feb. Today, checked with dealer again he was told still looking like delivery first part of Feb.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
Ordered my SE w/sunroof and nav on 11/26, dealer originally told me to expect 12 weeks. Three weeks ago dealer said delivery near the first of Feb. Today, checked with dealer again he was told still looking like delivery first part of Feb.
Yep, the schedule ALWAYS shows the same until the last minute when they redo it.

Until you have a VIN keep holding your breath.

MarkB

TDI
2012 Passat
TomB

Based on what I have read in other post, I am hoping for the early February delivery, but I am still expecting a March delivery.

John Nash

TDI
2012 Passat SE TDi
2012 Passat TDi @ my dealer

I had bought a 2005 Passat TDI Oct 15th 2011 with 99K miles.Put about 8K miles on it. Was not aware of this BSM issue when I purchaced the car.
Went to my dealer last thursday and he had a 2012 silver TDI SE with Nav & sunroof / DSG trans. that another dealer just traded for one of thier cars.I lost my ass on the 2005 TDI trading it...but I am very happy with the new Passat.Its a real step up from the older 2005 in every aspect.:D

jimmygez

TDI
2012 passat tdi sel
I am getting tired of waiting for my car I ordered it on sep 22 was told 2 month wait its now going on 4 months the dealer told me it would be here on the 9 th of jan now he tells me the E T A is the 23 of jan I don't know I am losing trust in him I don't think it's his fault I think V W is all ****ed up I am just getting tired of the wait !!!!

TDIHawg

TDI
Passat TDI SEL(on order)
Know exactly how you feel. Mine is supposed to be here week from tomorrow. If it doesn't show up, I'm looking at a used Bluetec Benz as an option. We are down a car and the inconvenience is about to drive my family insane. I've also noticed in my area that none of the dealers have had any TDIs show up on their inventory in several weeks. This includes neighboring states. This isn't the dealers fault. However more communication back to the waiting purchaser would be good way to eliminate the tension of waiting...

jimmygez

TDI
2012 passat tdi sel
Yea I know but u know u can't beat the mileage u get with the tdi I had so so many cars I had a 09 jetta tdi love the car but it was tight inside the passat is so much bigger I have no choice but to wait I had a 2000 BMW that I had to ordered it took two months to get and that came from Germany !! Go figure

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ifyoudontusepunctuationforsomeofusitslikereadingwithoutspacesbetweenthewordsveryhardtounderstandwhatyouretryingtosayandyouwillbemisunderstood

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
Know exactly how you feel. Mine is supposed to be here week from tomorrow. If it doesn't show up, I'm looking at a used Bluetec Benz as an option. We are down a car and the inconvenience is about to drive my family insane. I've also noticed in my area that none of the dealers have had any TDIs show up on their inventory in several weeks. This includes neighboring states. This isn't the dealers fault. However more communication back to the waiting purchaser would be good way to eliminate the tension of waiting...
I am waiting to see what happens with the financing, if they will make good on the 1.9% when the car shows up or not. I will be re-evaluating based on that. I have been MORE than patient.

You know it is funny. They used to claim that because the cars were coming via slow boat from Europe it took so long to order cars. Now that they are about 2000 miles away at the most they are still taking the same time. Guess no one told them they need to update their behaviors when things change.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yo...TomB...here I am again, annoying you. These cars are distributed by rail/truck.

Have you taken a good look at the rail system in the US of A lately?

I'd rather take the slow boat...:p

VWoA is obviously having a complete meltdown vis-a-vis getting cars to consumers. It would be nice to know exactly how/why this is happening.

jimmygez

TDI
2012 passat tdi sel
Well went to the dealer today I was going to get my car on the 23 of jan NOW ITS GOING. TO COME ON THE 30 OF JAN EVERY WEEK THEY PUSH IT LATER AND LATER !!!!!

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
I am waiting to see what happens with the financing, if they will make good on the 1.9% when the car shows up or not. I will be re-evaluating based on that. I have been MORE than patient.
How's this for a strategy: Contact Pentagon Federal C.U. and asked to be pre-approved at their 1.99% rate -- and get in writing. When finalizing sale with the dealer, tell 'em you'll accept nothing less than 1.9% for all the aggravation. Don't be quick to threaten to walk away... just keep reminding them how long they sat on your deposit, lack of communication, whack-a-mole dates, etc. -- and they need to make it right. If they truly cannot do 1.9%, which is possible, chances are good they'll offer you something else... lower price, free accessory, etc. Basically, you want to wear 'em down but come off as a nice guy at the same time. Also wouldn't hurt to calculate ahead of time what 0.09% equates to.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
How's this for a strategy: Contact Pentagon Federal C.U. and asked to be pre-approved at their 1.99% rate -- and get in writing. When finalizing sale with the dealer, tell 'em you'll accept nothing less than 1.9% for all the aggravation. Don't be quick to threaten to walk away... just keep reminding them how long they sat on your deposit, lack of communication, whack-a-mole dates, etc. -- and they need to make it right. If they truly cannot do 1.9%, which is possible, chances are good they'll offer you something else... lower price, free accessory, etc. Basically, you want to wear 'em down but come off as a nice guy at the same time. Also wouldn't hurt to calculate ahead of time what 0.09% equates to.
Trust me, only you guys are getting all the commentary. I am venting here and letting others know what is going on so they can avoid the learning issues.

I am sure they will make good on the $1,100 difference between 1.9% and the best of 3.24% that I have found in the Seattle area, but I would have preferred it to be a simple transaction versus a negotiation/haggle.