What time frame did the dealer give you?

Santa2ya

TDI
None
Ordered my Passat TDI SEL Premium 10/3/11 (Glacier Blue/Cornsilk). Dealer said delivery late Dec. early Jan. Received email today stating Jan./Feb. My understanding is that the SEL's are in production now at a pultry 400 a day. :(

Just wondering what other dealers are advising.

gergg

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6M
I got lucky and found mine at a dealer from someone who ordered a manual then decided to buy a DSG version, but when I did inquire about ordering one a few days earlier the dealer said it would be 90 days out, so really January/February sounds about right.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
From as recent as last week, reports are the plant is still below 400/day. Despite numerous reasons to get out of my Jetta now, I'm waiting until Passats sitting on the lots.

Roscoe3000

TDI
2005 Passat Variant - Past TDIs: 2005 Passat Sedan, 2006 Beetle (manual), 2006 Jetta (DSG), 2012 Passat (Manual)
Ordered 7/24. A couple of weeks ago it was released for production. No delivery date set yet. Manual/Night Blue/Beige.

rhpot1991

TDI
2012 Passat
I ordered mine early August, still waiting on it. It is in port so hopefully this week. I was originally told that it would be here at launch, then after placing the order they changed their story to "up to 90 days."

jimmygez

TDI
2012 passat tdi sel
Went to the dealer today he told me that they are building sel this month I hope mine will be one of them boy do I hope

Sharky

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI manual, 2012 Passat TDI manual
Ordered mine yesterday (6MT Trendline+ Night Blue) with expected delivery at end of January. It showed the car as being in production still but with an eastern canada delivery. The dealer is now working on having it diverted to them.

Steve Ferrous

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI, 2011 Golf TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI (gone), 2000 Jetta TDI (gone), 1991 Diesel Jetta (gone)
Ordered mine yesterday (6MT Trendline+ Night Blue) with expected delivery at end of January. It showed the car as being in production still but with an eastern canada delivery. The dealer is now working on having it diverted to them.
Sorry Sharky, that's mine!
I ordered mine a week ago and they said about 120 days.

Santa2ya

TDI
None
Ordered my Passat TDI SEL Premium 10/3/11 (Glacier Blue/Cornsilk). Dealer said delivery late Dec. early Jan. Received email today stating Jan./Feb. My understanding is that the SEL's are in production now at a pultry 400 a day. :(

Just wondering what other dealers are advising.

Got an email today from a competing dealer (same owner group) stating that VW is making a big run of TDI models this month to get units to customers that have already ordered by the end of the year.

I'm a little scepticle though. :rolleyes:

Sharky

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry Sharky, that's mine!
I ordered mine a week ago and they said about 120 days.
May the best dealer win ?

Seriously, this reminds me of the whole PS3 fiasco when that came out. So many people wanted one but they did not even come close to meeting that demand.

Beetle Bill

TDI
05.5 Jetta, 2012 Passat Sel Premium
Patiently waiting

Ordered mine August 15 told to expect it by Christmas. We live down the road from Chatt town in Nashville.

loobster

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
Aug 1: Placed order, 6 speed, black on beige. $1000 down
Sept 19: updated to Factory Order Bank status
Oct 4: Updated to production Stock, Order pulled to build
October 26: Received VIN
November 5: Arrived at port (Rhode Island)- VW distribution area for east coast.
I'm hoping they get it on a transport truck and delivery before the Turkey holiday.

I think it took so long 'cause it's considered odd color combination. I think if i had selected black on black, i would have had it by now.

Sharky

Veteran Member
TDI
Aug 1: Placed order, 6 speed, black on beige. $1000 down
Sept 19: updated to Factory Order Bank status
Oct 4: Updated to production Stock, Order pulled to build
October 26: Received VIN
November 5: Arrived at port (Rhode Island)- VW distribution area for east coast.
I'm hoping they get it on a transport truck and delivery before the Turkey holiday.

I think it took so long 'cause it's considered odd color combination. I think if i had selected black on black, i would have had it by now.
Yeah I could have a black DSG the same day as the order but I prefer a manual which seems to be the 'odd' order component.

firstVWtdi

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Your input appreciated

Well this will be my first VW TDI if it ever arrives. I ordered mine 8/18, Opera Red SEL Premium, and was told at that time I would get it around Thanksgiving. Now they tell me it will not even go into production until right before Christmas! I guess I am now looking at January! :confused: My only VW experience up to now was driving my Mom's Beetle too many years ago to admit to. Since then it's been Chevys and Buicks. I was ready for a change and visited my local VW dealer to see what they had and fell in love with the black TDI demo during the test drive. For my first real experience with VW I am finding it very disappointing. So should I cancel my order or will it be worth the wait?

TDICT

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW...SOLD..2012 Passat TDI SEL Black on Black...Now Here
Well this will be my first VW TDI if it ever arrives. I ordered mine 8/18, Opera Red SEL Premium, and was told at that time I would get it around Thanksgiving. Now they tell me it will not even go into production until right before Christmas! I guess I am now looking at January! :confused: My only VW experience up to now was driving my Mom's Beetle too many years ago to admit to. Since then it's been Chevys and Buicks. I was ready for a change and visited my local VW dealer to see what they had and fell in love with the black TDI demo during the test drive. For my first real experience with VW I am finding it very disappointing. So should I cancel my order or will it be worth the wait?

Well worth the wait. Hang in there.

John

TDI
awaiting 2012 Passat TDI Highline DSG
I ordered a black/black TDI Highline with Nav and DSG on Aug. 24 and my assigned production week is Nov. 21. It is expected to be delivered to dealership the week of Dec. 19, 2011. Very excited...

firedwg1

Veteran Member
TDI
10 GSW, 12 Pass SEL, Tesla MS
I was told mine was assigned in production, I'm told about 2 months...which put me at late Jan early Feb.

Steve Ferrous

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI, 2011 Golf TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI (gone), 2000 Jetta TDI (gone), 1991 Diesel Jetta (gone)
my assigned production week is Nov. 21. It is expected to be delivered to dealership the week of Dec. 19, 2011. Very excited...
I bought mine at the end of October and the dealer told me two months to build and two months to transport it up from TN. Someone must be driving yours door-to-door, while mine is going to be pushed by a small collection of children. I hope your date is the more accurate one.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport

Waiting on my OPERA RED from 9/9 order and saw it was pushed out until 12/14 production, so looks like RED is taking a back seat or they are having issues with the paint color.

Raxum

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Beetle
Ordered my Passat TDI SEL Premium Black on Black on 10/15/11 and was told that it would be 4 months. Newest update it might be only 3 1/2 months.

Roscoe3000

TDI
2005 Passat Variant - Past TDIs: 2005 Passat Sedan, 2006 Beetle (manual), 2006 Jetta (DSG), 2012 Passat (Manual)
Ordered 7/24. A couple of weeks ago it was released for production. No delivery date set yet. Manual/Night Blue/Beige.
Got an update:

Released for production 10/20
Factory Inspected 11/11
Dealer delivered week of 01/02/12

Roscoe3000

TDI
Where are you located? Since when does rail take two months to go from Chatanooga to anywhere in the continental US?
Portland, Oregon. I thought the same thing about the time on the train. I guess it's highly unlikely it will be late.

verylongdrive

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf,2001
Waiting on my OPERA RED from 9/9 order and saw it was pushed out until 12/14 production, so looks like RED is taking a back seat or they are having issues with the paint color.
They're probably trying to catch the jerk who keeps pouring dried blood into the red paint tanks.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
In reading these threads and finding out first hand experiences of others, I frankly think it is the roll of the dice WHEN a given car is built and shipped. If I were to instantly decide I could afford this one NOW, I would look for one in stock rather than the gut wrenching ordeal of the wait. I did that twice in my life and the anxiety was not worth it. The only satisfaction on one car is that I could get it with a heavy duty batter, heavy duty suspension, roll-up windows and a factory block heater. This was way back in the 1980s when you could I swear order every option individually. I bought my current Passat after looking at the stock the dealer had. This was the swoopiest one they had at the time in a color I still like! :)

uhy22

TDI
Passat TDI SEL (8-11) Glacier Blue-Black lether.
Ordered my SEL 8-11, and got it 11-30.