What Size Battery?

GolfSW98

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 TDI
Does anyone have a source for the H6 size battery sleeve? The stock one meant for the H5 likely won't fit. I did see Amazon sells some insulation wraps, but it leaves the top exposed. I'm fine with a plastic box as well but prefer the fabric cloth cover.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Does anyone have a source for the H6 size battery sleeve? The stock one meant for the H5 likely won't fit. I did see Amazon sells some insulation wraps, but it leaves the top exposed. I'm fine with a plastic box as well but prefer the fabric cloth cover.
From Golf Dave's thread at the UK Mk7 Golf forum:

Item No.12:- 5Q0 915 411H, Protective battery casing with flap for battery 69Ah/360A, 68Ah/380A, 72Ah/380A (H6/096 case size) for vehicles with, or without stop start, £23.02 (x1)

Here's some online options if your local dealer is pricey:

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
I have one I didn't reinstall in my '15 Passat. IM me...been too busy to post the bits and bobs I have around for sale.

GolfSW98

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 TDI
I have one I didn't reinstall in my '15 Passat. IM me...been too busy to post the bits and bobs I have around for sale.
I didn't get to read your post quickly enough, already ordered one from aliexpress. Hopefully it isn't paper thin junk. I was piecing together an MIB2 retrofit and did some unrelated shopping.. heh. I'll report back on the quality.