What is this? See photo - no codes but mpg seems to be down

BobZ

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat tdi, 15 Passat TDI SE auto, 06 Sierra 6.6 DMax
I noticed this when checking the oil - my son had the car for a while and just adds fuel...

What is this? What part to replace? What's the cause? It seems like the white crud the Blue Def produces when it dries out...

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
That's the def injector, dieselgate warranty covers that

BobZ

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat tdi, 15 Passat TDI SE auto, 06 Sierra 6.6 DMax
Thanks for the info on the warranty - I'll advise the results...
Sorry for not including the 2015 Passat TDI detail - used to viewing the B5 Passat so there's only 04/05 to distinguish... Need to update my profile as well.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Get to know that warranty inside and out. It covers many things that cost big bucks. Harder for them to deny or play dumb if you know and have proof of what you say. This is starting to become somewhat common as I have read a number of threads dealing with this. Should be covered though with a rental if needed.

ironman86

TDI
2014 jetta tdi sedan
Get to know that warranty inside and out. It covers many things that cost big bucks. Harder for them to deny or play dumb if you know and have proof of what you say. This is starting to become somewhat common as I have read a number of threads dealing with this. Should be covered though with a rental if needed.
I’ve been having the worst time with the VW dealer and VW corporate with the warranty coverage I’ve showed him all references in the manuals and the paperwork for the warranty where it referenced warranty covered parts as defective or workmanship related and they told me point blank defective means failed and if the part isn’t failed The part is not covered I even pointed out that the issue is to be resolved in the consumers favor and they just shook their head at me with a blank stare and didn’t do anything I’ve been fighting with them for three weeks now it’s ridiculous

Tom in PT

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat sedan - SOLD; 2013 Passat DSG; both purchased new
^ I had pushback from a VW Dealer (Haselwood in Bremerton WA) but eventually they relented and fixed my warranty issue (clogged heater core). Find a different dealer.

ironman86

TDI
2014 jetta tdi sedan
^ I had pushback from a VW Dealer (Haselwood in Bremerton WA) but eventually they relented and fixed my warranty issue (clogged heater core). Find a different dealer.
Lol what a small world that is who I’ve been fighting with

ironman86

TDI
2014 jetta tdi sedan
I called the number to VI called the number to VWoA set an on hold for two hours before it hung up on me and then called back said on hold for another hour finally talk to somebody explain the situation to her she told me at Warren to a mediator she’s going to appointment a regional coordinator to handle my case to take it back to the Volkswagen make an appointment to have the work done and that mediator would call me back tonight that the car was fit post to be finished from the service never called me back that night or the next day I sat on hold for another hour Finally got through lady I spoke to said that my information was taken but the case was never final lysefinally got through lady I spoke to said that my information was taken but the case was never finalized and sent to regional manager or mediator she did that for me finally and I’ve talk to the regional manager once on the phone and then we played tag after that and now she’s on vacation she has done nothing for me lol i’ve had to do all the communication they said she would with the dealer it’s been rather ridiculous I think it’s a conspiracy lol I feel like they’re dragging their feet trying to wait for these extensions to expire

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Sorry hard to make any sense of all of that. Please use some punctuation and spell checker. Most warranties stipulate that if you have a claim in before it expires it is still valid until they fix it. No one said it would be easy. But you have to know before hand what the document says you are entitled to. Work it out calmly and keep trying or another dealer.