What exactly does the Dieselgate Warranty cover?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Anything except the trans that sets a code is supposed to be covered. You will always get "We will have to scan it before deciding if it is covered or not and if not you will have to pay a diagnostic fee". Download the doc and learn it if you plan on trying to use it.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg

notagearhead

TDI
2013 JWS M6; 2002 Jetta (fate tbd)
Super, Thanks again. I have the manual version https://vwdiesellookup.com/pdf/VWCourtSettlement_Emissions_Disclosure_Gen1_Manual_Final.pdf
But suggesting I have it with is a great idea.
For others the Warranty and Procedures bulletin for:
 2009 MY Jetta with engine code CBEA
 2010 – 2014 MY Jetta with engine code CJAA
 2009 MY Jetta Wagon with engine code CBEA
 2010 – 2014 MY Jetta Wagon with engine code CJAA
 2010 – 2014 MY Golf with engine code CJAA
 2013 – 2014 MY Beetle with engine code CJAA
 2013 – 2014 MY Beetle Convertible with engine code CJAA. is

Last edited:

Mekniphc

TDI
2011 MT JSW
Does this cover routine maintenance without a code? I want to change my glow plugs at 100k as recommended. Glow plugs are covered per the pamphlet.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
It does not cover routine maintenance. It covers exactly what the document says. If it sets a check engine light for anything but the transmission, it is covered if the time/mileage conditions are met. If your GP's fail and set a code during the warranty they should be replaced if needed. Not if you just decide they need done.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I got one injector/glow plug replaced under the emmssion warranty but it did throw a code. If you just talking about standard maintenance, then as Lightflyer said, not covered.