What did you pay for your TDI???

Big_Brother

So, when are we going to get down to the nitty gritty??? Come out of the closet and let us non-TDI owners know what you paid for your awesome ride. What can it hurt? Maybe a few more would sell if we could all get a great deal on one of those sweet diesel sipping works of art. Speak and be heard!!!

Peace out!

Big_Brother

TDI Believer

Responsible For Global Warming
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
$400.00 over invoice.

------------------
Rich in Northern VA
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Manual
Canyon Red/Beige
w/Lux/Cold/6CD

hotrodtdi

Veteran Member
$500.00 over invoice 2000 tdi golf gl auto.

------------------
2000 golf tdi. h&r coilovers. borbets 7x16. hella blacked out headlights. kamei grille.

size15n

I just ordered my TDI yesterday from greenlight.com. Here are the specifics:

Car 2000 Volkswagen Golf
Style 2dr HB GL TDI
Transmission-Manual-5 spd
1st Choice Candy White (Exterior Color)
Black (Interior Color)
Standard Features 1.9L SOHC EFI I4 turbo-diesel engine; Front wheel drive; ABS; keyless entry; pwr locks; a/c; stereo w/ casette; ABS; dual airbags; dual airbags; more...

Options Basic Package - Manual-5 spd
federal emissions
standard paint (1999)

Greenlight Price $15,626 (includes destination charge but excludes taxes, licenses, and title fees)

Greenlight was unable to locate my car at one of their member dealers and said they were unable
to order the car. The only W/B Golf GL that I could locate was 900 miles away, and I did not want to pay the $1000 for transport. If anyone has any ideas as to how I can get VW to ship some Golf GL TDIs to the midwest, let me know.

[This message has been edited by size15n (edited March 07, 2000).]

BIGJOHNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf (Black) mine; 2011 Golf (UGM) hers
I think Big_Brother wants something like this. 2000 Golf GLS TDI w/Luxo package, $19100 off the lot -- last German-made Golf they were alloted. About $500 over invoice, best deal from other dealers $19550. Do some homework and stick to your guns.

John

Golf Girl

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2000, satin silver
Hey Big Brother! I paid $20, 467 out the door (with tax, title, license, doc, etc). It's a silver/black 2000 GLS TDI with luxury pkg. & cold pkg.'s, auto and Monsoon. The only thing I don't have is a CD player! Go figure--it's loaded to the gills with everything else.

Big_Brother

So, when you say $400 or $500 over invoice...did that include tax, title, tag adn etc.? Inquiring minds want to know! A little birdy once wispered in my ear that if you buy a car out of the state that you reside then you don't have to pay taxes on that car in the state you purchased it in. Instead you must register the car within the state you reside (of course silly) and then be taxed by your home state. Any thoughts anyone? Especially you who had purchased yours for a few hundred over invoice. Please be more specific and itemize your billing from said dealerships....we all will be grateful and rewarded for your acts of kindness.

Peace out!

Big_Brother

rgoetz

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
Using carorder.com, I paid $210 over the invoice price ($18,596)(plus tax, title, and registration) for my Golf, which has the Luxury Package, Monsoon, and CD changer. I also get 4 "free" mud flaps. Unfortunately, carorder.com no longer sells TDIs.

If you buy a car out-of-state, you pay your home state's sales tax.

Good luck on your price, but mainly get out there and get a TDI to enjoy. You'll quickly forget just what you paid--I had to look up what I paid, and it's been less then 4 months.

------------------
Rob
2000 Golf GLS TDI
2000 Passat GLS Variant 1.8T

[This message has been edited by rgoetz (edited February 24, 2000).]

Traivor

Blue/Beige Golf GLS TDI with Luxo, Monsoon, and CD changer $19000 before TTL. Dealer BS fees came in at a shade under $100 if I remember correctly.

ertzog

Veteran Member
TDI
2K Golf, 05 Sprinter 118
$16,000. Bought it in Wisconsin in November.

Tax of $1,040 paid in Illinois, a month later. State registration/title fee was $45?

It pays to shop until you find a salesman/dealer that is not a stroke.

------------------
Blk/Blk Debadged 2000 Golf GL TDI

M

mickey

Full sticker price (just over 19 grand) for my '99 New Beetle TDI with alloys and CD changer, and glad to do it!

-mickey

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
Paid exactly invoice, but could not get out of the $180.00 "processing fee." So that would make it $180.00 over invoice, plus TTL, I guess!

Glad to do it, because the TDI is well worth it.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Hey, Tom! I can beat that easily! My 1996 Passat is not only a year OLDER but I willingly paid MORE than you did! NYAH, NYAH...I think.
1996 Passat TDI, usual accessories, 16,288 miles, purchased in July, 1997 for $19,950. Absolutely the best deal I made.

------------------
Jonathan Bartlett
3.5 liter Passat
(Lupo THIS!)

Laz

Silver 5 sp 2000 Jetta GLS TDI w/CD changer. Got it for 58.00 over invoice. If you live in the Dallas/FT. Worth area, I strongly recommend Metor Volkswagen, (www.metrovwtx.com). If fact, go to their web page and they have every Volkswagen they have on the lot with sticker, their invoice prices and color and options. Absolutely the best dealer web page I've ever seen as far as information.

Laz

ENUTPEN8

Veteran Member
Paid sticker in July 99 for 99 Golf GLS auto. Took 3 months to find it. Driveon...NickatNight

------------------
'71 green Super Beetle w/Hurst & header (94mph); '99 green/tan A4 Golf GLS TDI automatic, lux.

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
April 27, 1999 I paid $12,750 for a 1997 Jetta with 45K miles. At the time I thought it was a good deal. I'd buy it again today for the same price!

------------------
1997 Jetta TDI
caddy@udnet.net

3kidsnadezl

Veteran Member
I can't recall the amount for my 98 Jetta but I do recommend a buyer's strategy that I have used for the last three vehicles I have purchased. When you and the salesman have moved the "deal" to the point of a stalemate, pull out your pre-made list of assessories you've always wanted for the car ie. mud flaps, CD player, stereo upgrade, or even that infamous extended warranty, etc). When you tell the sales person you will buy the car if you get the assessories you want thrown in it will usually work. When I bought my Jetta I got an arm rest, roof rack with the luggage attachment, and mud flaps. When I bought my Dodge Carvan a couple of years ago the foolish dealership agreed to an extended warranty 70k miles or 5 years beyond the basic warranty and already they have replace the transmission and a radio at their cost. Three times this strategy has paid off considerably. To answer your question though, I paid invoice price plus the extras.

morty

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Golf Silver
2000 Golf GLS TDI
Monsoon
Cold Weather Pkg. (heated seats and nozzels)
Lux pkg.
VW rubber floor mats
4 VW (white insigna on rears) mudflaps
$18,570 + TTL

through Carorder.com

[This message has been edited by morty (edited February 28, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by morty (edited February 28, 2000).]

Lance Allison

Requiesce In Pace October 20th, 2019
TDI
98 Jetta, Classic Green
$18,800 (+TTL) MSRP was $19,880
98 Jetta Classic Green w/ Beige Diagonal Point
Comfort Group (power windows, alloys, etc)
P/Sunroof (wouldn't waste the $$$ again)
ABS
Bought 11/97

[This message has been edited by Lance Allison (edited February 28, 2000).]

Carfunkel

TDI
2000 Black New Beetle
$300 over invoice, with alloy rims thrown in at dealer cost.

------------------
Carfunkel
2000 TDI Beetle
Black/ black cloth
CD changer, alloy rims
NH plate DZLBUG

babybenz

Veteran Member
I paid (hard swallow) lol
around 24k for my 2000 NB GLS TDI bright blue, cream leatherette,5spd, alloys, moonroof, CD changer, added targa spoiler with light, upper end tint, bra (these were relatively insignificant in the overall price) but I did "ok" for the adjusted market value crap,,, this also included the tax/title/license and an extended warranty,, or as I refer to as "computer coverage" LOL
for 7yrs/100kmi. I cold have spent less,,,but have never looked back,,, love it! I think of Mickeys'"eveilbeetle" and I refer to mine now as the WKDBTL "wicked beetle"

Dan

------------------
jdanaz@aol.com

tom

Veteran Member
(July 99)I tried to work with three dealers before realizing I simply couldn't afford a new 99 jetta and jumped on the first low mileage 98 I could find. I am happy I did. The owner was compulsive about maintenance and told me all the tdi rules I had learned from this forum "don't overfill the oil, allow for turbo cooldown, etc."
I paid $16,250.00, I think it had 16k for mileage. The previous owner is in Canada now and I'm sure misses his beloved TDI!

ddeeble

Well, I bought mine over the internet and paid under $20,000 for a new (this way in August of 99) 1999 Jetta GLS TDI with the in-dash cd and every option except the automatic trans. Figured out at around 400-500 over actual dealer cost and didn't waste a single second haggling. I love my TDI!

------------------
*** Patience is for people who have nothing better to do but wait ***

1969 Beetle
1974 Super Beetle
1999 1/2 Jetta GLS TDI