What did you pay for your 'fixed' CPO TDi

ajlockfeld

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW DSG Pano Silver/Anth
I’m baaaack!

I was very sad to drive my ‘09 JSW/DSG/Pano ( still seen in profile photo and sig) down to the local dealership to sell it back to VW in 2017 and I guess never really got over it. So when I saw they had a 2013 silver JSW/DSG (but no pano, not CPO) with 47K miles for $9.99K I could not resist temptation. That is $5K and 50K miles less than the one I sold back!
Our local dealership is not known for low prices, but they had been unable to move it at $14K so apparently bit the bullet. According to the Carfax, it had one owner, had been sold and serviced at the local dealership (they said they try to get their own cars back) and sat around for a couple of years after buyback. But they put some work into it, new battery, flushed brakes, etc and with the VW emissions warranty and a dealership 6 month power train warranty seemed worth the risk. Adding the dealerships full extended warranty would have added $5K to the purchase price so I respectfully declined.
Glad to be back, hope it works out better than the “pre-owned” Subaru Forester we bought for our son from a local dealership....(don’t ask)

Mountain TDI

TDI
2002 and 2003 Jettas and 2015 Passat 6M
2015 Passat TDI SEL 2 yr unlimited warranty CPO from VW Stockton 19K miles $16,200 + tax and license. Now I need to sell an ALH or 2. It is pretty much like a "new" car.

cookk

TDI
2011 Jetta
Purchased a 2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium 33,000 miles/2yr warranty for $12,900 last week. Dealer in O'Fallon IL has a TON of them for color selection. Yes, mine sat for over 2yrs according to Carfax. Had a 2011 Jetta they bought back for $17k plus $1k in gift and dealer certificates. It had 100k on it. It was the deal of the century in my mind. Never had a single issue with the car - so was happy to buy another TDI.

Joe Romas

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sprotswagen
Looking for a 2015 Jetta/SEL/TDI with lighting package, if anyone has seen any at a dealer.
Thanks
Start looking at online dealers and be prepared to drive or fly a state or two away to get the vehicle you want.
I wanted a 2014 Sportwagen without the trouble sum sun roof, under 20k miles with the GDS transmission originally from a southern state and CPO. Got a 13k miles car originally from NC in super condition. I'm in Ohio and the dealer was in Milwaukee Wisconsin, I few there and had a 400+ mile test drive home:D
Eric at Hall motors was fantast and they had at least 50 used tdi's and were unloading another truckload when I was there.
https://www.hallcars.com/clp-used-volkswagen-tdi-milwaukee-wi

Last edited:

GoThingNC

TDI
2011 JSW-Toffee Brown
Local dealer by me has a UG 2012 CPO Golf, asking 13K with 45,000 miles.

I purchased a twin Golf last June for $11,500 with 43,000 miles on it.

Did prices creep up since early 2019?

pbkid6974

TDI
none yet
Local dealer by me has a UG 2012 CPO Golf, asking 13K with 45,000 miles.

I purchased a twin Golf last June for $11,500 with 43,000 miles on it.

Did prices creep up since early 2019?
Yep, supplies are drying up. These are the last TDIs ever.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dmikucki

TDI
MK6 JSW TDI
2012 JSW- rebuilt title, 50k miles- emissions fix done at 45k. paid 5500. car has been at VW waiting for DPF to come in for over a month now. in a 2019 jetta loaner until it gets done.

johncalhoun

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE
On 12/21/2019, bought a VW-CPO one owner 2014 Passat SE with sunroof, 57k miles, $12000k. They delivered it this week.

Batmanuel

TDI
2014 SportWagen
2014 JSW 6 M/T no sunroof, CPO, purchased 1/2/2020, 41,000 miles, for $12100. They also gave me 2k more on trade for my Jeep Renegade than I was expecting. I looked at a bunch of JSWs and this one was in the best condition.

Last edited:

TDILeo

Veteran Member
TDI
CW 2011 Golf TDI 6M Repurchased By VW 1/30/17 1985 VW GTI
I'd really like to know where my 2011 Golf TDI ended up after the buyback. Is there a reliable link I can access to see the ultimate disposition of my Golf? I do know that it received the fix so it must have been sold to a new buyer. Thanks in advance.

keith102

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6spd
Anyone else noticing a lot of Salvage Title TDIs coming up in their area? I picked up my 15 Golf a year ago and was online looking for a buddy and noticed quite a few salvage title cars, Jettas and Passats. Example of a recent find was a 13K Passat SE with 60K miles for $6500. (Has salvaged title.. Never been hit or an accident, Salvaged from Volkswagen’s law suit.)

Some of these look like pretty good deals if you don't mind having the salvage title.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Anyone else noticing a lot of Salvage Title TDIs coming up in their area? I picked up my 15 Golf a year ago and was online looking for a buddy and noticed quite a few salvage title cars, Jettas and Passats. Example of a recent find was a 13K Passat SE with 60K miles for $6500. (Has salvaged title.. Never been hit or an accident, Salvaged from Volkswagen’s law suit.)
Some of these look like pretty good deals if you don't mind having the salvage title.
This doesn't make sense. Fixed cars don't have a salvage title. And if I recall correctly repaired cars with salvage titles weren't eligible for the buyback.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
This doesn't make sense. Fixed cars don't have a salvage title. And if I recall correctly repaired cars with salvage titles weren't eligible for the buyback.
Following now.... I need more TDI in my life. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

pbkid6974

TDI
none yet
Some cars gained a salvage title while in storage after the buyback waiting in the fix. Instead of taking a complete loss, VW sent them to auction where the small independent lots usually buy them.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Got it. But it has nothing to do with the buyback or fix, except it was those things that caused the car to be stored.

Scooby24

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
Hi there, first post. Bought my '14 Passat SEL CPO with 39k miles for 14,250.

Being CPO they did quite a bit to it including replacing front brakes, heater core, replaced 1 mismatched tire, Trunk damper, 40k service, replacement start button (sticker peeling) and a few other misc stuff.

I saw probably 20 TDIs across 4 dealerships and only 2 met my expectations. It was fairly obvious that the majority that were turned back over to VW were likely problem vehicles for the owners or they didn't take care of them and saw it as an out.

The one I got though I'm very happy with it. Outside of a few very minor dings it's in great physical shape and seems sound mechanically. (so far) Was the exact color combo I wanted too (white/black)

CPO 2 year warranty with the 4/48 powertrain is the only way I would buy one of these.

Last edited:

pbkid6974

TDI
none yet
Got it. But it has nothing to do with the buyback or fix, except it was those things that caused the car to be stored.
Yes, and then VW puts out an insurance claim on them which is how they get their salvage title when sold at auction.

KG4BHR

TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6M
Picked up my 2011 Golf TDI 6MT with 52,000 miles for $8,500.
DieselGeek short throw shifter and 2micron return filter kit already installed.

Found the original owner from a hit & run accident report that was filed.
Cool dude that told me the history of the car, gave me some solid advise and gave me a heck of a deal on the Weather Tech floor mats he pulled out before the buyback.

dutch.mafia

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
Lot damage, hail, theres all kinds of reasons.

Yeah there was a ton with hail damage that I found when looking. If you don’t mind some cosmetic issues you can find some really low mile cars. Some dealers still are asking ridiculously high prices IMO for some.