What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

thatwhitejsw

Veteran Member
TDI
MK6 JSW TDI
Gave it a bath then I got my Spyder Fog Light kit, DeAuto Switchback Bulbs and Headlight Switch w/ Fog Light Function installed!
I LOVE my switchback bulbs..! It's so nice to be able to swap between white and yellow fogs so easily, plug the strobe features are fun haha. If you don't have their turn signals, those are a must too..! Super bright.

TDNation

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
I swapped out my winter tires for the all season set, as well as messed around with the automatic window settings with the OBDEleven dongle. Attempted to install an S3 short shifter only to find the previous owner installed one already. Luckily it was free. Bought new strut bearings and mounts as a deal in anticipation of new struts. About to do a 400 mile round trip for some cabin camping. Cheers

JD_2012GolfTDI

TDI
2012 Golf Kerma tuned
Replaced the rear hatch locking latch (part# 5K0827505A) that failed. It starting making a buzzing sound and would no longer latch closed, or lock. Read that it's a common problem due to a plastic worm screw that fails within it. Replacing it was easy enough 5 min. (YouTube1, YouTube2). The replacement part was only $21. on Amazon

Last edited:

ttcheung

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Sportwagen 6MT
I found that the New England salt had put a hole in my exhausts. Fortunately it's towards the rear, aft of all the filters and whatnot, but still going to be pricey. Probably just going to go simplistic and 3" pipe all the way out, no exhaust tips or anything.

DrGERTol

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Variant (JSW) 6MT
Cheap LED projector door puddle lights installed (new door module wiring & coding) on the right side of our '11 GOV. Left side next warm weekend in NW OH. The LED VW logo is definitely not OE quality, but the lamps themselves are much better than the red reflector filler fitted otherwise (I wonder how these compare to VAG PN 000052120B). --g

Last edited:

TDNation

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
I took off my winter tires again, found a nice roofing nail in the sidewall of one of my Hakkapeliitta R2s. Kinda miffed as I got a really good deal on them and cant find a replacement anywhere. I realize this isnt the marketplace, but if anyone has an R2 225/45R17 on the off-hand chance Ill buy it. Sucks, but at least I don't need winters for several more months.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I took off my winter tires again, found a nice roofing nail in the sidewall of one of my Hakkapeliitta R2s. Kinda miffed as I got a really good deal on them and cant find a replacement anywhere. I realize this isnt the marketplace, but if anyone has an R2 225/45R17 on the off-hand chance Ill buy it. Sucks, but at least I don't need winters for several more months.
I'd just plug it and run it.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Had that in the back of my mind, just was not sure how successful it would be as I've never done it
If it's just a nail. Or you can have it removed and patch it from the inside. Just keep an eye out for a used tire. Just know that tire is at higher risk for a blowout.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
No reputable tire shop will repair a sidewall - it's just bad business letting a customer walk away with a liability.

If it's just a nail. Or you can have it removed and patch it from the inside. Just keep an eye out for a used tire. Just know that tire is at higher risk for a blowout.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
No reputable tire shop will repair a sidewall - it's just bad business letting a customer walk away with a liability.
🤦 Did I say have the tire shop patch it?
Beyond that some shops still will fix them. Just have to sign a waiver.
Also, I've brought just the tire in and said it's for a yard trailer. Most will fix them.

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
interesting set of wheels, what are they? looks like 18" or 19"?
Thanks... They are 19X8.5 ET45 Motegi Racing MR151 CS5 Took me over 6 months to get them. They were on backorder. I think the 18" wheels are too until June.

I like those wheels too! I commented in another thread. I think I saw them before, but I didn't remember that the VW center caps fit.
I ordered another set of stock caps, they fill the hole fine but won't stay on. I had the heat and bend the taps and than wrap them with tape. Not sure if they will stay on but time will tell. I haven't driven the car yet.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Yup. right where I quoted you the 1st time... Here it is again in case you forgot?

You've alluded to "having it removed", hence the assumption of taking it to a shop. 🤷‍♂️

🤦 Did I say have the tire shop patch it?
Beyond that some shops still will fix them. Just have to sign a waiver.
Also, I've brought just the tire in and said it's for a yard trailer. Most will fix them.

JoeTDI65

TDI
2002 Golf
I suppose its been mentioned here before but here's a great parts resource. www.fcpeuro.com. lifetime guarantee on most everything they sell. Anyways, reading previous posts here it made me think of it. I'm considering buying a 2012 golf dsg car and reading up on anything i can. Had a mk4 golf with the alh and wish i still had it. Anyways, hopefully i'll be back with a new ride before long.

TDNation

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Yup. right where I quoted you the 1st time... Here it is again in case you forgot?

You've alluded to "having it removed", hence the assumption of taking it to a shop. 🤷‍♂️
For now I'm just going to take them home and store them in the garage; really not sure what I'm going to do with them, but again I don't need them for several months. I might just end up replacing them with new Blizzaks this fall, instead of trying to patch them.

DrGERTol

Veteran Member
TDI
Finished my cheap non-OE puddle light retrofit project (left side) yesterday. Next stop, some corrosion warranty work to the rocker panels & rear lid starting next week... --g

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Finished my cheap non-OE puddle light retrofit project (left side) yesterday. Next stop, some corrosion warranty work to the rocker panels & rear lid starting next week... --g
how bad is the rocker? Mine starting to show a bit. Former NJ car.

DrGERTol

Veteran Member
TDI
how bad is the rocker? Mine starting to show a bit. Former NJ car.
Metal is exposed at the forward outer face of the both rocker panels, and the paint is bubbling on the driver door sill (inside the door seal). The rear lid has significant bubbling around the high-mounted brake light and some (recent) bubble spots on the lid face. Our case to VWoA was opened on 7 Jan 22 and approved on the 12th. Given the level of supply chain disruptions we've seen lately, I'll call the dealer body shop later in the week to confirm they have what they need to complete this warranty work (since they expect to have the car up to 3 weeks to complete the repairs). My understanding is that the corrosion warranty was 12 years (from date of initial sale) for model years up to 2018. If your rocker panel is exposed, I think it's worth having it looked at. --g