What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
yep Malone is the best, no questions. they never disappoint me. they went above and beyond with my 2015 Passat on the ecu shipping to them and back overnight. truly amazing and very expensive. ecu was stuck on the other tuner as their flashzilla shattered somehow. after I got the ECU back, the car ran flawlessly and sounded very healthy and strong and scoots hard! far better fuel economy.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
yep Malone is the best, no questions. they never disappoint me. they went above and beyond with my 2015 Passat on the ecu shipping to them and back overnight. truly amazing and very expensive. ecu was stuck on the other tuner as their flashzilla shattered somehow. after I got the ECU back, the car ran flawlessly and sounded very healthy and strong and scoots hard! far better fuel economy.
I'll probably get a spare ECU and have the security removed. That way it can be used in any car. Only issue is I'm keyless. So it working without a chip. Could I start it with only the button and no key nearby?

-:vw:-

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 SportWagen
SWEET! I tried the GT350 Mustang and got him good with my ST3 JSW. until 120 I had to let go as tires was rated at 120. now I have better tires, went 125 effortlessly but scary FAST. She had a ton more power to go above 125.
Late to the party here but I just want to verify.

Are you saying you beat a Gt350 with a CR170 Wagen??

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Washed it and on my way home the battery light came on… :/

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
To be fair. You coming up on him at 155 then flooring it before the gt is even ready. Not really beating him. He tromps on it well after your way ahead him.
actually what happened was he gave me the look to go for it so I did........ it's on him. I had to let go at 120 mph due to 120 mph rated tires. mines DSG, his is 6MT. its a not a GT, its a GT350.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
actually what happened was he gave me the look to go for it so I did........ it's on him. I had to let go at 120 mph due to 120 mph rated tires. mines DSG, his is 6MT. its a not a GT, its a GT350.
I was looking at the camera speed. Kph. I didn't realize he gave a nod. Doesn't sound like he shifted down. Yeah, I've oversped my tires lots. They wear on the insides. Haven't topped out since the new turbo. (GT was just meaning the mustang). I've pulled on a newer charger or challenger. (It was dark, newer V8 Dodge) 40mph roll due to traction. I had em till 80.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
forgot to add, I had my car loaded with 5% Xpel XR Plus ceramic tints all around but 50% on the windshield. wow! from old LLumar 5% tints to Xpel... it is truly immense of differences.
Isn't Lumar ceramic? What kind of difference?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well I found out where my coolant leak is.. thermostat. I was going to change it this spring. Ugh.edit. not the thermostat. Edit: It's on the trans side of the block, not the front. The heck is that part called?umm.

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Well I found out where my coolant leak is.. thermostat. I was going to change it this spring. Ugh.edit. not the thermostat. Edit: It's on the trans side of the block, not the front. The heck is that part called?umm.
please post a picture so we can help.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI

Mazdaface

TDI
2014 jsw
Well I did it yesterday but finished up almost today 😅. New tdi badge on the trunk, klii gti plaid badgeskin on rear vw badge, buzzken dpf/egr delete, s&b intake, Malone stage 2, and Malone dsg tune. Ran out of time before I could get to the steering wheel swap lol.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
I love my Tiguan steering wheel with paddles.

Did you ever feel clumsy with the paddles when I was steering with my knee then my knee accidentally touches the paddle… ended up downshifting lol.(old habits die hard that had no paddles)

I had the exact same thing with our old 2017 Ford Explorer XLT eco boost 2.3….

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I love my Tiguan steering wheel with paddles.

Did you ever feel clumsy with the paddles when I was steering with my knee then my knee accidentally touches the paddle… ended up downshifting lol.(old habits die hard that had no paddles)

I had the exact same thing with our old 2017 Ford Explorer XLT eco boost 2.3….
I don't think I've ever done that.