Last edited:

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI

ryansportwagen

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen DSG
I purchased Two (2) Yokohama tires from Discount Tire in January of last year and two of them wore down the the wear bars. They came with a 60,000 Tire Mileage Warranty and only 15,000 miles have been put on them.

Went to Discount Tire and they prorated a full new set installed for $275.

Moral of the story; pay attention to your tire mileage warranty and stay on top of it!
I got a set of four YK740-GTX from there last week. Hope they last longer than that!

ryansportwagen

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen DSG
Today I repaired some defroster lines with the conductive paint kit from Advanced Auto. They were damaged in several spots, probably from a camping trip where I stuffed the hatch full. Now they ohm out fine so I hope they work when needed.

Also, I got a few quotes for tinting the windows. Told them about the repaired defrosters, and found one place willing to do it. They happened to be the cheapest at about $250 after tax for all glass except windshield, so I made an appt for tomorrow.

And I'm finally getting my windshield replaced as well, through insurance. It has wiper burn from the previous owner that I didn't realize until my 30-day Carvana warranty was over. It's only noticeable at night but it seems to have gotten worse and is super annoying and a safety issue, really.

Lastly, I had ordered front and back side window deflectors from VW last week. Got a call and they told me the front ones are now "obsolete". I noticed the crossbars are "obsolete" as well now. Anyways I canceled the order. Does anyone know what other brands of wind deflectors have models fitted to our vehicles? I liked that the VW ones slid up in the window slot and didn't use adhesive.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Today I repaired some defroster lines with the conductive paint kit from Advanced Auto. They were damaged in several spots, probably from a camping trip where I stuffed the hatch full. Now they ohm out fine so I hope they work when needed.

Also, I got a few quotes for tinting the windows. Told them about the repaired defrosters, and found one place willing to do it. They happened to be the cheapest at about $250 after tax for all glass except windshield, so I made an appt for tomorrow.

And I'm finally getting my windshield replaced as well, through insurance. It has wiper burn from the previous owner that I didn't realize until my 30-day Carvana warranty was over. It's only noticeable at night but it seems to have gotten worse and is super annoying and a safety issue, really.

Lastly, I had ordered front and back side window deflectors from VW last week. Got a call and they told me the front ones are now "obsolete". I noticed the crossbars are "obsolete" as well now. Anyways I canceled the order. Does anyone know what other brands of wind deflectors have models fitted to our vehicles? I liked that the VW ones slid up in the window slot and didn't use adhesive.
Like these? https://www.ebay.com/itm/In-channel...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
I’m trying to find the headlight install thread that has photos and the search tool is not being helpful. Could someone point me in that direction please? This post can get removed if need be.

Thank you!

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Ahh they are decent. I personally prefer Pirelli P7's. been rolling on them for over 300k miles combined of 2011 JSW TDI (rip w/ 300k miles), 2014 JSW TDI and 2015 Passat TDI. they never disappoint me.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
I’m trying to find the headlight install thread that has photos and the search tool is not being helpful. Could someone point me in that direction please? This post can get removed if need be.

Thank you!
Hi, I have been doing this method, but I remove both front wheels off for quicker and easier access.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
tuning itself... ummmmmmmmm :) CP3 conversion kit is actually from xman turbos. :)

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
What problem did you have with your catalytic converter?

My car smokes on hard acceleration occasionally and I've been getting a CEL for EGT's when regenning lately. I figured it was just a problem with the DPF or EGR, but I'm curious about problems with the Cat.

I, too, would just delete everything, but I already have the Kerma tune, and my impression was that they are not ones to support the deletion of emissions related devices.
You just have to ask. They do. Just don't state it.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Okay I forget who had asked me. But I found where the torque steer compensation is. Steering assist, adaption, torque steer compensation.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
ha! sorry I'm not fully awake. been a long thanksgiving weekend. I got you now.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
forgot to add, I had my car loaded with 5% Xpel XR Plus ceramic tints all around but 50% on the windshield. wow! from old LLumar 5% tints to Xpel... it is truly immense of differences.

info on the tint:

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
I had a guy I found on facebook put them together for me. They are built with:

New TYC OEM Replica housings, Morimoto Mini H1 8.0 Projectors, Morimoto 4000k Bulbs, Hylux 2a88 Ballasts.

The guy can be contacted through instagram via tc_customlighting.

Since he builds the lights custom and based on available retrofit options I will leave the pricing to him.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I changed my oil. I forget who I was talking to about sucked in filters. This is 10k on an Amsoil filter. Not as bad as they have been in the past. But I have been running 0w-40 oil. Also had some Michelin x-ice snow tires put on

DrGERTol

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Variant (JSW) 6MT
Added aftermarket front fog lights with a basic CECM/BCM and standard euro light switch. Some observations HERE. --g

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
Had code P0544 for my Manifold EGT Sensor pop up with a flashing Glow Plug light so I had the G235 Sensor changed.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Had code P0544 for my Manifold EGT Sensor pop up with a flashing Glow Plug light so I had the G235 Sensor changed.
ugh! that happened to my 2015 Passat with other tuner. never again. it was fried. went Malone and instantly CEL on as I started the car, knew it was the bad tuning from someone else. never again. it was the most expensive mistake I ever spent on. replaced G235 on the 2015 Passat.

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
ugh! that happened to my 2015 Passat with other tuner. never again. it was fried. went Malone and instantly CEL on as I started the car, knew it was the bad tuning from someone else. never again. it was the most expensive mistake I ever spent on. replaced G235 on the 2015 Passat.
You believe a Malone tune fried your sensor or another tuner did?

JD_2012GolfTDI

TDI
2012 Golf Kerma tuned
Xenon low beams adjusted using VagCom:
1. Make sure you're on a level surface.
2. Click Select Controller
3. Go to 55 - Xenon Range
4. Go to Basic Settings - 04
5. Then in the drop down list, select the adaptation/adjustment option (its the only one in the drop down).
6. Then click the ON/OFF/NEXT button.
The headlights should automatically raise to level position.
Close controller and you're done. Pretty simple.

Next, replaced dying battery with H6 type 760 CCA. O'reilly's Auto Parts wanted $210. while Walmart's price was $157 (4 year free replacement warranty). Car wouldn't start and was making clicking sounds like this, and displaying all kinds of warning lights and causing a ton of error codes. Too bad it couldn't just tell me the battery was toast :rolleyes:(n). I noticed the voltage reading while reading codes was around 8 volts, and the battery was 10v across the terminals when disconnected.