What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Filled it up and had a tank average of around 44 MPG, then I gave it a quick exterior wash and cleaned up my drooly, my four legged companion's "car art"

Waiting on my DSG Service Kit and a set of Projector Retrofit Lights I'm having built to arrive!

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Yesterday I spent the last 2hr dry hours in the driveway and changed out the oil, air, fuel cabin and oil filters. It started raining right as I was wrapping up and it's been a monsoon ever since.

Last edited:

ryansportwagen

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen DSG
Didn't do anything TO it, but IN it, I plugged in a small crock pot on 'low' and made Rotel cheese dip during a 2 hr drive. Called it "trip dip" :) Was ready bout halfway there. The crock pot is 100 watts on Low. Wedged nicely between the front seats on the armrest, with a towel wrapped around it.

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
Didn't do anything TO it, but IN it, I plugged in a small crock pot on 'low' and made Rotel cheese dip during a 2 hr drive. Called it "trip dip" :) Was ready bout halfway there. The crock pot is 100 watts on Low. Wedged nicely between the front seats on the armrest, with a towel wrapped around it.
This is fantastic. 🤣🤣 👍

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
I just had my DSG service done last weekend with Liqui Moly fluids and wow! She shifts a lot better than ever. Made me wish I went with Liqui Moly for DSG a long time ago.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I just got everything for my stage 4 kit. Now just to install it... When I get time. Sigh. I still have to block off my grill.

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
Changed my cabin air filter and filled up.

Recieved parts to change my DSG fluid + filter; just need to find time to get that done now.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well un the process of installing a stage 4 kit. Found out my exhaust gasket was leaking some. Explains the odd boost surges at wot and the exhaust smell/ sound. This kit is kinda a pita. They sent the wrong plug for the manifold egt. The turbo to manifold bolts were too long. The oil feed line is a royal pita. It really should include new manifold studs. And there's no instructions. Granted my kit was rushed. But for $3400, I expected better.

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Well I finally got my stage 4 turbo kit completely installed. Version one of the tune is a bit sooty. but oh my God the power. I've got to watch so I don't speed
haha nice! got a video to share? GTB1756 turbo? (my guess)

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
whew! that thing actually scoots! what was your previous set up?

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
wow that's a big jump. now its ST3.5? I had ST2 in my old 2011 JSW. now 2014 JSW on ST3. day and night of differences but yours? I wouldn't dare to race ya. ;)

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Had a
wow that's a big jump. now its ST3.5? I had ST2 in my old 2011 JSW. now 2014 JSW on ST3. day and night of differences but yours? I wouldn't dare to race ya. ;)
This is stage 4. Furthest you can go on stock hpfp and injectors. I had a Chrysler 300 hemi. Try to race me. Even with all the wheel spin he was only a nose a head. When I got traction and third I was gone. If I floor doing 70 down the highway I get torque steer. I still have some torque steer at 120 and it's still pulling.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
SWEET! I tried the GT350 Mustang and got him good with my ST3 JSW. until 120 I had to let go as tires was rated at 120. now I have better tires, went 125 effortlessly but scary FAST. She had a ton more power to go above 125.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
SWEET! I tried the GT350 Mustang and got him good with my ST3 JSW. until 120 I had to let go as tires was rated at 120. now I have better tires, went 125 effortlessly but scary FAST. She had a ton more power to go above 125.
Yeah. They get scary with stage 4. I roll into it for fear of breaking. My st2 topped at 137. I'm way faster now.

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
They're so nice. Love mine. Hold the phone. Where'd ya get that shifter
The shift knob is from a 2014 Audi TT RS. The button is in the same place and functions the same, just have to remove the old one and pop the new one on. Some messing with the shift booth required. I transfered my old shift boot and secured it with a zip tie; but if you find one with the shift boot you will have to undo the staples and attach it to the original shift boot attachment. I didn't like the "RS" logo on it so I made a custom TDI decal for the top. :cool:

ohhhh paddles! does it work? if so, is it easy to do? I do have VCDS myself.
Yeah, the hardest part is removing the first Airbag. Then it is a matter of a 10mm to disconnect the battery a M12 and a few electrical connections. Then you go into VCDS and turn on the paddles!

DIY GLI/GTI steering wheel MFSW and paddle shifter install

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
The shift knob is from a 2014 Audi TT RS. The button is in the same place and functions the same, just have to remove the old one and pop the new one on. Some messing with the shift booth required. I transfered my old shift boot and secured it with a zip tie; but if you find one with the shift boot you will have to undo the staples and attach it to the original shift boot attachment. I didn't like the "RS" logo on it so I made a custom TDI decal for the top. :cool:

Yeah, the hardest part is removing the first Airbag. Then it is a matter of a 10mm to disconnect the battery a M12 and a few electrical connections. Then you go into VCDS and turn on the paddles!

DIY GLI/GTI steering wheel MFSW and paddle shifter install
thanks! bookmarked that. :)

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
I purchased Two (2) Yokohama tires from Discount Tire in January of last year and two of them wore down the the wear bars. They came with a 60,000 Tire Mileage Warranty and only 15,000 miles have been put on them.

Went to Discount Tire and they prorated a full new set installed for $275.

Moral of the story; pay attention to your tire mileage warranty and stay on top of it!

Last edited:

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I purchased Two (2) Yokohama tires from Discount Tire in January of last year and two of them wore down the the wear bars. They came with a 60,000 Tire Mileage Warranty and only 15,000 miles have been put on them.

Went to Discount Tire and they prorated a full new set installed for $275.

Moral of the story; pay attention to your tire mileage warranty and stay on top of it!
Woah only 1/4. That ain't good. I think mine are 70k and I have 30k on them already. Have to check

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
did anyone have issues with the shark fin antenna? ie: leaking. if so, what was the solution? I have been looking for a correct replacement but too many variables out there that got my eyes crossed.... ha....

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
did anyone have issues with the shark fin antenna? ie: leaking. if so, what was the solution? I have been looking for a correct replacement but too many variables out there that got my eyes crossed.... ha....
I haven't no. Maybe a bit of. Silacone. Or make another rubber gasket.