What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I haven't done the all out exterior detail yet. Before winter I buff it out and seal the paint. That way the salt comes off in the weekly touch free carwash.

rocky raccoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
On way home from work Wednesday, I ran into a frog strangler of a rain dump. Next thing I knew I got a lap full of water from the driver side front of the sunroof well. This morning I rodded out the front corners with .095 weed whacker string and poured a cup of water into each corner to check it out. All seems good now but I wonder if the rain was so hard that it simply overwhelmed the drains.

I hate this sunroof. I don't use it and in fact slid a section of foil-faced insulation between the glass and the inner headliner. Helps the air conditioner immensely. Back in the day I had Jaguars and Saabs with manual sunroofs and never a problem. My old W123 Benz was my first electric roof and it was a constant problem also.

taleAwaggin

Veteran Member
TDI
rollin in my two point oh, panoramic back so my hair can blow
I lowered mine about an inch in back. I think all the people up in that thread who settled on 1.5 to 2.5" of lift were smarter than me. More than that it starts riding like poopoos.

dlhovland

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf Tdi manual transmission. Wife's car a 2014 toured v6 Tdi
I would've paid for postage!
It never worked right then It would cause the radio to shut off then turn on about every thirty second even after contacting polar and doing what the recommended it is a pain in the ass to remove and reinstall.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Nice! I love it, I have driver's side only. am considering for the passenger side eventually.
Installed under-seat storage drawers for both driver and passenger seats. Expensive, but glad to have them.

14JSWLI

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
My new truck bed...

Took out the false floor and storage dividers and made my own flat floor as low as it could go. Its made up of aluminum strips on top of a sheet of black HDPE plastic laminated to 1/2" ply. Love the durability and extra height, feels so much bigger.

DrGERTol

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Variant (JSW) 6MT
Retrofitted the GPS/sat radio roof aerial for our (retrofitted) RNS-315. More info HERE.

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
Replaced the rear trailing arms with stock arms and bushings from IDParts. Huge improvement on rutted pavement, haven't got an alignment yet and I'm pretty sure it's out now but even so the car tracks so much better and I swear its quieter. Was pretty easy to do, the only PITA was one of the sway bar end links decided to shear the entire counter hold end off the stud, otherwise its just undoing and retorquing bolts. 30 in breaker bar helped since I was doing this on jackstands and its hard to get much force with next to no clearance.

The old bushings weren't totally gone and clunking but the centre was half torn out on the driver's side and a crack had started on the passenger side.

While I was at it I replaced the 19 mm sway bar with a 21 mm from a B6 Passat.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Wow,

was there any vibrations at highway speed from 45-70 on the old set? if so, did they go away after you did the job?

Replaced the rear trailing arms with stock arms and bushings from IDParts. Huge improvement on rutted pavement, haven't got an alignment yet and I'm pretty sure it's out now but even so the car tracks so much better and I swear its quieter. Was pretty easy to do, the only PITA was one of the sway bar end links decided to shear the entire counter hold end off the stud, otherwise its just undoing and retorquing bolts. 30 in breaker bar helped since I was doing this on jackstands and its hard to get much force with next to no clearance.

The old bushings weren't totally gone and clunking but the centre was half torn out on the driver's side and a crack had started on the passenger side.

While I was at it I replaced the 19 mm sway bar with a 21 mm from a B6 Passat.

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
Wow,

was there any vibrations at highway speed from 45-70 on the old set? if so, did they go away after you did the job?
Yes I have vibrations in that speed range which I’m pretty sure come from the rear suspension. Feels like out of round tires! They come and go, usually when the tires have sat for a few days and haven’t ’warmed up’ yet. Too early to tell if they have gone yet. I’ve been working on the car, not driven it much and now it’s in the body shop for paint repairs before they turn into rust repairs. I’ll keep you posted.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well, I think my slide pins aren't moving properly, just got the brake pad wear light. 51k miles on the pads and rotors. Metallic pads. Ugh.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Dropped off a pair of the winter shoes for new rubber this morning, get the kid to toss them on this weekend. Brakes are coming due. I have the pads & rotors sitting here ready to go but squeaking out every last stop I can - 145k km on the OEM binders.

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
Recently did the TB, t-stat (worst location ever), fuel filter, cabin filter, oil change, brake bleed, and some exhaust work. It is all up to date on maintenance now.

JD_2012GolfTDI

TDI
2012 Golf Kerma tuned
Bled my brakes using my new Motive - 0109 Power Bleeder for European (Black Label)(y). Worked way better than the Mityvac which sucked more air than brake fluid. (n)