What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Just finished putting on a new timing belt on my 2013 CPO. Only at 95K, but the TB is the factory belt. Why the hell I didn't change it when I swapped in my CP3 a few months ago, I don't know, but it was otherwise fairly easy (but timing consuming as I don't move super fast).

Also adjusted my intercooler piping and need to put some larger hose rubber around it so it doesn't rub against engine components. I don't need another boost leak...

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
Just finished putting on a new timing belt on my 2013 CPO. Only at 95K, but the TB is the factory belt. Why the hell I didn't change it when I swapped in my CP3 a few months ago, I don't know, but it was otherwise fairly easy (but timing consuming as I don't move super fast).

Also adjusted my intercooler piping and need to put some larger hose rubber around it so it doesn't rub against engine components. I don't need another boost leak...

so my '14 sportwagen is getting close to the 95k mark. I have the CP3 ready to install.

Do you think it's worth just going ahead and doing the timing while I'm in there? I have over 25k miles (and 3-4 years?) before it's required.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Oh yes! Hit 2 birds with one stone. Its a lot easier with CP3 and TB done because CP3 requires TB to be off in order to install the CP3. You dont need to worry about CP3 timing adjustment, its a slap it on and go. Hope you have TB locking tools ready?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
Oh yes! Hit 2 birds with one stone. Its a lot easier with CP3 and TB done because CP3 requires TB to be off in order to install the CP3. You dont need to worry about CP3 timing adjustment, its a slap it on and go. Hope you have TB locking tools ready?

I had a shop do the CP3 on my A3; was going to have them do the CP3 on the sportwagen as well. I don't have the tools to do the job and I'd rather have a TDI SME do the timing. I'm going to try to observe the job though.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Gotcha, keep us all posted on how it goes. :)

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Picked up some Stanadyne Diesel Fuel Additive & topped off the tank.

Waiting for my RCD330 to arrive along with a full Interior LED Kit

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
CP3 is an alternative fuel pump people install due to fear of their original CP4 Pump Failing.

Today I washed the car and checked the spare tire pressure. It was down to 20 PSI; don’t forget about it back there!

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
Replaced my City lights & Interior bulbs with LEDs.

Swapped out the head unit for a Noname RCD330.

Speedmaster_102

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Sportwagen TDI
Well im waiting for it to be delivered. But i bought a gti Steering wheel (with airbag). because paddle shifters. And i also bought a stage 2 tune and a Dsg tune. just waiting for the tuners to get here. No im not deleted... yet. Still have a warranty. I cleaned up and ceramicoat my summer rims. Noticed a few nicks and a corrosion spot. so i may have them refinished. So glad i got the extra warranty. They will refinish any wheel i have on my car for free. Also will prorate tires if one gets damaged and cant be fixed. (flats fixed free) And one key replacement a year.
Got any pics of the GTI Steering wheel? I recently installed the Golf TDI paddle shifter and Im not a fan of it so far.

digglesauce

TDI
2014 JSW
First post! New to diesel and new to VW. My friend works at ECS so he picked up some parts and we did my cabin air filter, engine air filter, DSG filter and fluid. Hello everyone!

ebain21

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 6M
Did an oil change and fuel filter @80k today. First time doing either but excited to do some of my own maintenance. Learned a few things, made a couple mistakes, but overall it was not too bad and I’m looking forward to learning more about these vehicles.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
did DSG service to my 2014 JSW, a good learning experience..... not a injured spine friendly job haha plus replacing a new oem vw battery, xmas tree on dash......... :) fun! old oem crappy battery died....

InfoSec

Veteran Member
Installed OEM mudplaps all the way around, installed the Frost Heater, ordered the OEM left lower grille with the plug insert hole, the wall socket-to-plug cord from some dude in MO, the complete heater kit from some other dude in Lithuania (in order to get the heater-to-grille <inside the car cord> cord so I can connect it to the new left lower grille cover with the OEM plug thingy, loaded a stage 0.5 Malone tune, but paid for the stage 2, which I'll upload once my Darkside 3" downpipe shows up ( I think it's being delivered to Matt W's house up north) and in a few days/weeks, I'll go and get the downpipe installed, and upgrade the tune from the little 0.5 to the stage 2. Sorry kids, Christmas won't be as nice this year for you.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Got any pics of the GTI Steering wheel? I recently installed the Golf TDI paddle shifter and Im not a fan of it so far.
Somehow I just got the notification. I'll post a pic later. The flat bottom took some getting used to. And I think it's a smaller radius but thicker grip in spots.

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
Dropped it off to get the timing belt service done, have a CP3 pump installed and have the thermostat changed just as preventative maintenance since their in there.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Very nice. I drove a 2012 GTI between my TDI's. Such a shame that we never got a GTD wagon. I mostly just miss the seats, the steering wheel and the lighting package. I have a set of OEM HID lights, but one of the housings arrive broken and tabs are shot on both so who knows if I'll ever get around to putting them in.

How difficult was the steering wheel swap? Does it reuse the same airbag or did the new steering wheel come with it?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
No. lol

lots of room!

Lol, No. I'm saying on mine. I have the paddle extensions. And when I pull the stalks they hit the paddles. Without the extensions they don't. But I'm afraid I'll break something trying to pull them off. You can see them in the picture. Does the "-" and "+" on your paddles light up?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Very nice. I drove a 2012 GTI between my TDI's. Such a shame that we never got a GTD wagon. I mostly just miss the seats, the steering wheel and the lighting package. I have a set of OEM HID lights, but one of the housings arrive broken and tabs are shot on both so who knows if I'll ever get around to putting them in.

How difficult was the steering wheel swap? Does it reuse the same airbag or did the new steering wheel come with it?
His uses the same airbag as the standard wheel. Mine uses a different one, I got the wheel and bag for less than $400. Hardest part is getting the airbag off. Always seems like it's gonna break. It can be swapped in 5 minutes. Just a bent screwdriver and a large triple square. A newer wheel with cruise can be installed.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I got my paddle shift steering wheel re-trimmed. So far so good!

It's a night/day difference as I opted for a thicker steering wheel.
Also. You said you had your wheel rewrapped. Where and how much? this one was on the cheaper side with the airbag because the leather on the wheel isn't in the best condition.

JD_2012GolfTDI

TDI
2012 Golf Kerma tuned
Self done 80K service. DSG Fluid/Filter change, Rotated wheels, Oil/Filter. Fuel filter. The only repair I've done thus far, since 05/19 (knock on wood), is the starter button fix, which I found here on this forum! This is my first Diesel vehicle and I'm very happy with it. I've been using Propel and 76 renewable fuel exclusively. I have Vag-com and Polar FIS for diagnoses and display, the Kerma tune is next!

Speedmaster_102

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Sportwagen TDI
Lol, No. I'm saying on mine. I have the paddle extensions. And when I pull the stalks they hit the paddles. Without the extensions they don't. But I'm afraid I'll break something trying to pull them off. You can see them in the picture. Does the "-" and "+" on your paddles light up?
It lights up when I turn on the light.

Also. You said you had your wheel rewrapped. Where and how much? this one was on the cheaper side with the airbag because the leather on the wheel isn't in the best condition.
link to thread below

pipesta

TDI
'14 JSW TDi 6MT
Just putting winter shoes on? Nice wheels. Nice headlights, fogs and tinted markers. Looks good
Thanks! Really haven't had the need for the snow tires here yet, it's been in the 30's and 40's with no snow in sight. Figured since we had a decent day again I'd throw them on.