What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

USMCFieldMP

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Swapped in SS Brake Lines from 034Motorsport. Which are just rebranded A3 lines from another company. Took a bit of work to get the mid-line anchors setup in the correct position for the front lines; real PITA. Also their SS-to-Hard line connections are shorter than stock, so a couple threads end up sticking out. Not real happy about that, but they do hold the pressure fine.

Pedal feel is superb. Consistent and hard. Quite easy to out-brake my tires now, but at least it's always in the same spot now.

did they say anything about the ecu being flashed?
Nope. Not a mention of it.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Drove it.

Had an extra long weekend so 4 trips up to the ski hill. Sure cut into the mileage but well worth it!

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Gave her a bath and

made a pre-fit vinyl graphic kit for the roof bars to match the window trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well im waiting for it to be delivered. But i bought a gti Steering wheel (with airbag). because paddle shifters. And i also bought a stage 2 tune and a Dsg tune. just waiting for the tuners to get here. No im not deleted... yet. Still have a warranty. I cleaned up and ceramicoat my summer rims. Noticed a few nicks and a corrosion spot. so i may have them refinished. So glad i got the extra warranty. They will refinish any wheel i have on my car for free. Also will prorate tires if one gets damaged and cant be fixed. (flats fixed free) And one key replacement a year.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Got my Polar FIS up & running.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Anyone know where one could find a 2micron fuel filter setup for our Mk6 cars yet?

Looks like 2Micron isn’t around anymore?

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Anyone know where one could find a 2micron fuel filter setup for our Mk6 cars yet?

Looks like 2Micron isn’t around anymore?

2micron still lurks around ... best bet is to email him directly. If you cant find it, let me know. Ill ask him directly to get his email address. We still keep in touch from time to time as he helped me thru 2 CP3 swaps. He is always awesome.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
How do you like it, and how does it stack up against the P3? Ive started a thread with owner input on the install and use of the Polar FIS. Its my new toy. Your input would be great

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=505681

Hmm.... I haven’t gotten around to update it and my P3 gauge is offline and being for sale but it worked flawlessly from stock to stage 2 Malone tune. Stage 3 seems to be unable to read the turbo... its the P3 itself that needs to be updated so Malone is stuck on that.

Been too busy with other projects but will get that Polar FIS updated soon.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
installed a golf gli paddle wheel on my 12 sportwagen. the non round wheel is different. Loaded my stage 2 tune. and all i can say is wow. Powaaaaa. oh and i installed my euro foglights.. still have to wire them though

PlatinumGreyMk6

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen SEL
New OEM Denver wheels, wash, and quick detail.

Bent once of my Porto wheels, so picked these up for $150! Happy with the result!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
wired my fogs. added paddle extensions. changed footwell lights to red. modified the cheap hitch i got to a 2". it was built for the mk7 golf sportwagen. But the hitch was put on the top instead of the bottom. it was $80 with free shipping. i had all the stuff needed to modify it. had to cut the mounting plates down and extend them. Still have to install my powered trailer light converter.

washed it. decontaminated the paint. buffed it out with a DA polisher.. washed it with dawn to strip it. then sprayed with 60/40 iso distilled water mix. ceramicoated it. then added 3 coats of a paint sealant. then topped it with a wax. it looks good. but now i know about every paint chip and small dent in my car... then took the rear wheels off and deep cleaned the wheel wells and carpeted liners. coated the well and liners with a water repellent silicone spray lube. installed a drain tube on the fuel door it doesnt drip onto the carpet arch. still have to clean the front wells out. and install my door warning lights.

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
Hmm.... I haven’t gotten around to update it and my P3 gauge is offline and being for sale but it worked flawlessly from stock to stage 2 Malone tune. Stage 3 seems to be unable to read the turbo... its the P3 itself that needs to be updated so Malone is stuck on that.

Been too busy with other projects but will get that Polar FIS updated soon.

Same problem. I just dumped it and got a scan gauge. Wonder if kerma tune displays correctly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Oh I forgot to mention that I added ECS trunk hatch shocks, made my life and my job a lot easier.

FJ40Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS 5MT, '12 JSW DSG
Had the P2015 code for intake manifold flapper out of range. Fabbed a little stopper for the V157 motor arm to limit return travel to hold the target .760V reading on VCDS.

Then bent up some AL scrap to make a spring clip to hold up the stupid hood pad that is popping out of the slots at the back edge of the hood.

Next: new front loaded strut assemblies.

FJ40Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS 5MT, '12 JSW DSG
Finished the front suspension swap today. Bilsteins, German coils, upper mts, boots, bumpers... I built my own 'quickstrut loaded strut replacements', but used the best parts available, not the worst. The only thing that tripped me up on the frt strut was the knuckle pinch bolts had a 14mm XZN head. My trusty set that was purchased in 1985 to work on my 1971 Type 3, consists of 6,8,10,12. Fortunately the local NAPA quickly delivered a new 14mm socket.

Also hard wired a new trickle charger/maintainer. The car isn't getting driven enough to keep the battery fully charged.

Went for a test drive. New Bilsteins are significantly stiffer than knackered OE Sachs dampers. Turns in much better now.

Next: need to get crossbars or all new rack for our new used 14' aluminum canoe.

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
In the last week, oil change and Kerma tune. I can't recommend the tune enough, the car is a monster compared to what it was.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Unlocked the door and sat in the car and fired her up and drove her few blocks around in my HOA community until engine is fully warmed up and parked her on the driveway.

USMCFieldMP

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Sigh. Put the car nearly back to stock (minus all the brake upgrades, VCDS changes, and Koni coilovers) and I traded the ole girl in. Had a lot of fun in my TDI and I really loved it, but I just wanted more horsepower.

Hopped into a 2013 Audi S5 (with the supercharged 3.0L). My first non-manual car in 14 years. First non-FWD car, as well. GIAC ECU and TCU tune arrive next week, along with an intake and exhaust; should gain close to 100 awhp & 40 awtq with just the flash.

My experience with the TDI makes me want to put a CR140 in my MK2 though. That might be next year's goal.