What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

Porch

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 jetta sportwagen tdi 6spd
Switched to 205/60r16 winter tires, it's like a budget lift, no rubbing, and a plush ride! They're goodyear wintercommand, not the "ultra" version, they look pretty beefcake, but probably won't know about snow performance till I head west in march.

BarnyardsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf w/DSG, Malone Stage 2 (all emissions intact), HID's, Sunroof, Dynaudio, NAV
Pretty soon I'll have to do something with this ABS module. Got the flashing ABS and ESP light. VCDS shows code 165352 "Control Module Faulty". Checked VW's 45F2 recall and of course, my car is not one of the VINs listed. 2010 Golf though. I may try my luck at one of the local dealers that my independent shop, Kombi Haus, recommended for warranty work. Worst case is they don't cover it and I pay an overpriced diagnostic fee. I'll probably end up just swapping in a used pump and code if necessary. The book says drop the DPF to do that. Already did that once when replacing the DPF and I'd like to avoid it again. I may just disconnect passenger motor mount and give myself a little more room to wiggle it out. Anyways, happy driving everyone!

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well fiberglass plumbing tape seems to be holding. It's wrapped with silicone tape as well. Not going to spend 200 on the one pipe.... But, very curious problem.... Both front seats are dead, (power and heat) along with my pano.. everything else works .. it's got me baffled...

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Water leak from pano? If so, the leak may have fried the wiring or the module somewhere

Last edited:

tjg

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 TDI A3, '14 TDI Sportwagen
Did the 120k service on the sportwagen today, used the bottom fill kit from ID parts... not bad, but I had to go back and add more fluid after running it and checking the temp in vagcom. Not sure if I prefer measure/top full method.

I'm going to be leaving to work overseas for a year in July, so I'll do the timing service, CP3, Whitbread serp belt guard, and fresh tires sometime in June. Yea it will be about 9k miles early, but it will give me some peace of mind while I'm gone (wife's car).

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
fixed my intercooler hoses on both sides with new o-rings.... truly PITA to install hoses back on. now I am very SORE all over..... LOL I used SIL-Glyde and lubed them on o-rings and intercooler pipes on the lips, it helped a lot.

front brake rotors and pads replaced due to warped/vibration braking.

DSG service coming up this weekend as she is approaching 160k miles.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
fixed my intercooler hoses on both sides with new o-rings.... truly PITA to install hoses back on. now I am very SORE all over..... LOL I used SIL-Glyde and lubed them on o-rings and intercooler pipes on the lips, it helped a lot.

front brake rotors and pads replaced due to warped/vibration braking.

DSG service coming up this weekend as she is approaching 160k miles.
Yeah. Their such a pita with the new, thicker orings. I still gotta mount my fmic .. 😩

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah. Their such a pita with the new, thicker orings. I still gotta mount my fmic .. 😩
LOL yep. Im all sore all over because I put nearly my whole body weight of 210 lbs to pull it to close into the intercooler.

SIL-Glyde helped a lot. A member posted about that years ago and I found it and tried it and yep it works. Drove 200 miles yesterday she drives a lot better and much less NVH of engine idle and exhaust smells better like an old school bus. Fuel economy is back to normal.

Mahargetan

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
I, too, would just delete everything, but I already have the Kerma tune, and my impression was that they are not ones to support the deletion of emissions related devices.
You would be correct. I switched to a Malone tune after I did the DPF delete as Kerma does not have a commercial tune available. I found the difference in performance between the two minimal, with the exception of mpg (certainly because of the deleted hardware). I mostly did it because my dieselgate warranty was up and the car was regenning every few days.

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
LOL yep. Im all sore all over because I put nearly my whole body weight of 210 lbs to pull it to close into the intercooler.

SIL-Glyde helped a lot. A member posted about that years ago and I found it and tried it and yep it works. Drove 200 miles yesterday she drives a lot better and much less NVH of engine idle and exhaust smells better like an old school bus. Fuel economy is back to normal.
Any tips on how to release the hose retaining clips?

BMESeth

TDI
2011 VW Jetta
Finished up a downpipe install on the car. On the flip side of this, I'm pretty sure I hear an exhaust leak and something squeaks now... so I need to figure that out. Darkside pipe definitely doesn't mate up well to the stock turbo. Big shrug.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Well it wasn't today but the weekend before last a car crossed the line and ended my 2014 GSW. I cranked it as hard as I could for the ditch breaking my hand for the effort but it saved my life!

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
Well it wasn't today but the weekend before last a car crossed the line and ended my 2014 GSW. I cranked it as hard as I could for the ditch breaking my hand for the effort but it saved my life!
Glad you are ok. That swerve probably saved both your lives, or at least serious injuries. Crossing the centre line sucks, it’s not always the result of inattention, don’t be too hard on the other guy.
Although it looks very likely he/she was running M+S tires, not proper winters.

Last edited:

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Glad you are ok. That swerve probably saved both your lives, or at least serious injuries. Crossing the centre line sucks, it’s not always the result of inattention, don’t be too hard on the other guy.
Although it looks very likely he/she was running M+S tires, not proper winters.
It was a rental car with proper winter tires.
It was 4 kids - 21, 21, 21 & 23.
It was 100% preventable.

As soon as I saw the car I knew it was 1.) going to fast for the conditions & 2.) not to make the corner. Not only did they destroy my car, they bounced off of 2 more cars behind me. I had slowed for quite sometime to 80-85km/hr in what is a posted 100km/hr zone. There will be a civil suit as soon as the insurance has closed the case. Police report holds them at 100% fault.

thatwhitejsw

Veteran Member
TDI
MK6 JSW TDI
Yesterday:
Washed - Iron Decon -Rinse - Clayed - Washed - Sealed w/ Turtle wax ceramic (new product I decided to try out instead of my usual Japanese wax, we'll see how it holds up. Very slick upon initial feel.)
Also ceramic coated the wheels, roof bars, headlights, door trim.
All in all about 7 hours with some breaks 😅 but well worth it, she's lookin' good now!
Oh - also did a fuel filter change.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Yesterday:
Washed - Iron Decon -Rinse - Clayed - Washed - Sealed w/ Turtle wax ceramic (new product I decided to try out instead of my usual Japanese wax, we'll see how it holds up. Very slick upon initial feel.)
Also ceramic coated the wheels, roof bars, headlights, door trim.
All in all about 7 hours with some breaks 😅 but well worth it, she's lookin' good now!
Oh - also did a fuel filter change.
wow you went hardcore on your JSW. :) she earns the treatment.

today I am going to replace both engine fans, big one went wobbly and not reliable (on and off whenever it wants to, LOL) then now dead and small fan is screaming at over its limit and starting to wobble now. fun fun fun..........

also forgot to mention my past post up there, I installed Tyrol brake stiffening kit, wow! love it.

ss_mini14

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
I just passed 135,000, over the past week I completed several things:

Replaced the DPF, I can hear my engine now

Oil change, Timing belt, and water pump

Blew off the lower radiator hose at around 80 MPH, seems it wasn't fully seated

Front and rear brakes with some beautiful, purely decorative, drilled and slotted rotors

Replaced the steering column lock which, unfortunately, didn't solve my problem

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
My son bought this JSW in January, but it's been sitting, freshly detailed and ceramic coated, in the IDParts warehouse while he drove his MKIV through the winter. But today we did an oil and all filters change so he could take it home.

We've done countless fluid and filter services together on his and my MKIVs, but this was a first time on a MK6. Pretty easy.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
My son bought this JSW in January, but it's been sitting, freshly detailed and ceramic coated, in the IDParts warehouse while he drove his MKIV through the winter. But today we did an oil and all filters change so he could take it home.

We've done countless fluid and filter services together on his and my MKIVs, but this was a first time on a MK6. Pretty easy.
Yep I admit I enjoy working on MK6 JSW's and Jetta Mk6 Sedan more than the 2015 B7 Passat and my old MK4 ALH wagon.

BarnyardsTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf w/DSG, Malone Stage 2 (all emissions intact), HID's, Sunroof, Dynaudio, NAV
I put in a new ABS module after the factory one finally gave me the "control module defective" code. Managed to source a module from a dealer here in CA for about $500. The job however, was a major PITA. Even with dropping the dpf down to rest on the steering rack there was BARELY enough room to shoehorn the ABSpump/module in and out of the engine bay. Coding wasn't too bad (thanks Ross Tech for your extensive wiki, vids, forums) as I had the old Auto Scan file. I did have to remove hill hold assist (never noticed it anyway) as this module didn't support that. Took a bit to get all the associated TSC sensors to do their basic settings but after that it's all good. No lights. Car operates as normal. Even an indy shop here in Sacramento quoted me about $2k for parts alone. Glad I found that control module repair kit from the dealer. I did call a local dealer to see if i was on the recall list for this problems (other 2010 Golfs are) but of course my VIN wasn't listed. If any one wants tips on how to do this when their J104 module goes tits up let me know. Happy driving!