What did you do to your MKIV today?

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
Anyone know where I can get a good 11mm pump in Canada?
Talked to Giles, he says he can build one for stupid money, but I don't need a built pump I just need a pump, and soon.
I could find a used one but I don't want to have to tear it down like KrashDH right now, I just want to throw it on and get this car going again.
I have one, but it's been on the shelf for years so not guaranteed ready to go.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
When I drove my Golf up from Georgia, I felt like I was leading a lamb to slaughter. Southern car it's whole life, never seen salt til I drove it up to Michigan.

GP_RZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon 5 speed
Just finished swapping out the coolant sensor as I was getting the dreaded hard starting in any sort of cold weather with a hell of a smoke show. problem seems to be fixed now. Well I was in there I see more things to replace, fuel lines look really cracked up, next on the list.

The Cream Dolphin

Veteran Member
TDI
02 VW Golf TDI ALH 245k
BC doesn’t either. The BC cars in Canada are like California cars. They command like 2k more if you can prove it’s never left BC. But if you look out east they have Alberta cars and claim less rust on them as well. By buddy had a TL type S from BC and that thing was minty. There are auto Jetta wagons there for $12,000 cause the bodies are so darn nice.
Yup, my Vancouver car is incredibly rustless. The whole underbody is still that bumpy gravelgard type of silver paint. I am second owner, PO bought it in Vancouver and always lived there. I was an absolute fool and accidentally lot my front drivers rocker start to show rust this winter :/

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Might be better than a junkyard one with totally unknown history
All I can tell you about this one is it was pulled from a member's Golf in 2015 because it was leaking. We swapped in a spare he had, he gave it to me and it has not been touched since.

I can't remember where the leak was so fair assumption it needs a full seal kit.

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
I can't remember where the leak was so fair assumption it needs a full seal kit.
Which I do happen to have. But I read through Krash's teardown how-to and I don't think I want to tackle that just yet. 😝
Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and make a Powertdi order myself.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
[With a bad Crocodile Dundee accent] That's not a bad bearing....THIS is a bad bearing.
When a rear wheel bearing let go on an HT Holden (RWD) the end of the axle would scratch three arcs along the side of the car as it went by while the brake drum dragged on the ground. Saw quite a few cars with those tell tale scratches 😲

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Rear brakes were dragging on my 00 NB daily driver and wouldn’t release , pulled parking brake lever off and with a scribe pulled the seal away from PB shaft and hit it with some LPS2. Worked lever and now both levers work as the should , reinstalled helper springs too.

dieseldonato

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta
Well, fuel millage is up on the car, 46mpg this last tank. Pretty happy with that. With the last several tune versions its been pretty consistent at 43mpg. Whenever burpod gets to it, he said he has a small update for it. Don't 100% know what all he changed recently, but the power is great car doesn't smoke hardly at all, and cold weather starting is very good. So we'll on the way to a very efficient and still peppy car.