What did you do to your MK7 today?

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Washed mine after over a month of having it. Finally have some good weather on the horizon. I love that it’s white. Makes washing it so much easier! I don’t have to go back and get troubled areas because it’s darn near impossible to see anything on it! Takes about half the time my truck did! These are my go to choice of tools for this job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Interesting. Mine is the SE and has it 2015 Golf TDI Sportswagen SE with the DSG.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
SELs have no room for the drawer because of the additional power seat motors & drives.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I put another set of H7 ZXE headlights in, as the drivers side crapped out on Monday. Of course I found the spare one I had after I got done installing the new ones:rolleyes:. Still need to take splash guard off bottom and make sure I don't see any pink traces anywhere before I'm out of the 36k warranty, coolant hasn't dropped anymore since last service, so I'm hoping no problems.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Installed a hitch for hitch mounted bike racks and whatever else!
Handy, I'm sure, but in many areas, bikes are best transported inside the car. The sportwagens, both my '09 and now the '15, have a large door opening so I can get each of my bikes inside with the front wheel on. When done carefully with the front wheels off, I can get both my bike and my wife's bike in the car. They remain clean and much more difficult to steal. Good info if you've never tried it. Now for the kayak, however, . . .

codyayrton

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6M (sold to VW), 2015 Golf S Sportwagen TDI 6M
That is a nice one you got. The price was right this one... The top section is actually for cable management/concealment.
I've got one very similar to yours by a different brand. I didn't use the cable concealers and mounted it up closer to the headliner. Mine is mounted with a clear view like yours as well. People rarely notice it. Two people that I know of in the past two or three years. A gate guard at a military base that probably wouldn't have noticed it if my traffic antenna wasn't attached to the windshield next to the cam, and one other random guy at a rest area. I've driven through that same gate security several times before with no guard noticing, including the guard that finally did. They're not allowed on base so the guards are actively looking for them.

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
I've got one very similar to yours by a different brand. I didn't use the cable concealers and mounted it up closer to the headliner. Mine is mounted with a clear view like yours as well. People rarely notice it. Two people that I know of in the past two or three years. A gate guard at a military base that probably wouldn't have noticed it if my traffic antenna wasn't attached to the windshield next to the cam, and one other random guy at a rest area. I've driven through that same gate security several times before with no guard noticing, including the guard that finally did. They're not allowed on base so the guards are actively looking for them.

Whoa, I didn’t know that. I’m on Quantico, Ft Myer, and sometime Belvoir periodically. That’s a bummer. So you just remove it when confronted...?

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Paid it off!
Now I must resist the urge to do anything else with it for a while. 18z brakes have been sitting in the garage for a couple months now, but that should be it for a while. Dyno coming on the 29th to see what it puts down with this turbo. Was a little bummed to see Darkside test out there biggest turbo on a MK7 GTD and find that the uber-efficient cylinder head really limits this platform, even when ported and upgraded valves.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Just finished installing some of the Ed replica 18 Golf R headlights with HIDs in my 15 wagon. So far in love! Massive upgrade from stock reflectors. Pretty sure I have them adjusted rather well, maybe the passenger needs to come in a tad on the low beam, but time will tell! I would recommend so far!

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
any aftermarket steering column gauges that retain oem theme?

Like to buy a 2 dial kit so I can run a egt and boost.

Can't seem to find any setups for mk7

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
Put new batteries in key fobs, Seems like they only last a year even using lithium. Dmax last about 3 to 4 years.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
any aftermarket steering column gauges that retain oem theme?

Like to buy a 2 dial kit so I can run a egt and boost.

Can't seem to find any setups for mk7

There are a few boost gauges out there that have an EGT display within the one gauge. The vent pod is a very clean way to install a gauge in these cars in my opinion. Although, with EGT protection built into the factory and aftermarket tunes, I went with only a boost gauge when I upgraded the turbo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Any mechanical 52s that are mk7 interior matching friendly?

JeffsSportWagen

Usually between the Florida Gulf Coast & Treasure
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen S TDI/dsg
Ordered a "previously owned" Black GTI bumper cover off of ebay. ($300 + $104 shipping) It arrived Friday. We've had the grandkids here for most of spring break and again yesterday so today was the first day I've had to play with it.

Close inspection revealed scratches on the surface (as noted in the listing) but turns out it was covered in paint protection film. Paint underneath is basically PERFECT.

Naturally the next step was to "Test Fit." (This is only a test) I still need to prep it and paint it Night Blue.

Last edited:

pmoulton5018

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S 6MT
Paid it off!
Now I must resist the urge to do anything else with it for a while. 18z brakes have been sitting in the garage for a couple months now, but that should be it for a while. Dyno coming on the 29th to see what it puts down with this turbo. Was a little bummed to see Darkside test out there biggest turbo on a MK7 GTD and find that the uber-efficient cylinder head really limits this platform, even when ported and upgraded valves.
Yeah I feel that same way. But I’m sure sometime soon someone will find their way around it hopefully....

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Well, I got this far:

Anyone know a dealer (or similarly - and preferably more - capable) who can work remotely and help me get this thing paired to my car? :D

I have a plan B (and C), but being the impatient sort that I am, I'm hoping I can get this done NOW, as opposed to the next time I'm in back on the mainland (probably not for another month).

Last edited:

codyayrton

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6M (sold to VW), 2015 Golf S Sportwagen TDI 6M
Whoa, I didn’t know that. I’m on Quantico, Ft Myer, and sometime Belvoir periodically. That’s a bummer. So you just remove it when confronted...?
I've started removing before going through gate. Once on base, I may reattach it so I don't have to fiddle with it after leaving.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
$20 shipping on a lightweight $100 order - sometimes it hurts living in the Great White North.

Let us know what you think about that oil drain tool idparts has cooked up; I've looked at it a few times, but not convinced on how much easier it'll make the oil change.
Officially off warranty, why not do the maintenance myself.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
If the gti bumper cover fit the sportwagen, whats the chances a R cover will fit as well?