What did you do to your MK7 today?

armando_m

TDI
2016 Golf sportwagen
Depends on your use of a wagon ;) Sleeper
But yeah internal cross brace is no go here too. Kinda really want to get the strut tower brace next time they go on sale (missed the black friday sales).
Installed the Unibrace XDQ, it takes the tight and solid feeling one step further, the kind of feeling one gets by upgrading to better tires

Little noises get reduced even further, driving on cobble stone streets is oddly silent

Driving hard on a curvy road is a very neutral experience with no over/under steer , I'm on stock suspension and stock 205/55/16 continentals

Price for new parts is certainly steep, but I got them used for a price I was willing to pay

"Sleeper" is a great description

Last edited:

Martin Winterkorn

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE w/ Lighting Package
If I'm honest its been over the last two weeks because I haven't had much but finally finished it today. DeAutoLED License plate, DeAutoLED brake light, DeAutoLED corning LED and DDMTuning Sabre Pro LED Fog lights.

My TDI came with the lighting package (LED Interior, upgraded headlights) so the corning lights and the license plate lights just threw the whole car off with the halogen. Looks much cleaner now! Only one last bulb to upgrade.... the rear boot interior light.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
anything with a lower ET will be better, the such a "tucked" set up to begin with.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Be careful. Only 9+ years and 150,000 miles left on your engine, turbo, and emissions warranty. Better drive lightly. :D

Warranty? what's that? I believe Peter's emission/engine warranty was voided within a week of owning it, and I don't think he'd have it any other way.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
What did... your mk7 do to you?

***** cut me! Trying to get finger under plastic and slid down the edge...

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

armando_m

TDI
2016 Golf sportwagen
Filled in the voids in the original longitudinal shift bushing to eliminate the slack in the shifts, I got a nice solid feel while shifting gears

While at it adjusted the shifter cables, this eliminated the difficult downshifts from 3rd to 2nd gear the car had since I got it and I was attributing to the gear box being "new"

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
I made this forever ago, but never posted pictures. I bought a swan neck adapter from Bak-Rak http://www.bak-rak.com/s%20to%20f%20converter.htm(through eBay, since the company didn't respond to my emails) and combined it with an aluminum cargo carrier, so I could make a cargo carrier for my euro hitch. I added lights since the wiring was in place.
Here are a few pics of the end result.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Install takes a couple of minutes. Pull the clamshell over the ball, set the Bak-Rak pieces on the clam shell and tighten the nut to 65 ft lbs. It's nice when I don't want to get the trailer for something relatively light that I don't want in my car.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Cruising around with these for 2 week

Now it's time to remove them!
Your lights look great. In Alaska, we keep on the lights until the last musher gets to Nome - usually mid-March. It's to help ward off a bit of the darkness.

TDI_Dan

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW 6M MKVII, 2011 Golf TDI 6M (bought back)
Unlocked the menu item that allows me to enable or disable DRL's from the vehicle setup on the head unit.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I'd be interested to find out if you ever get pulled over for hiding the license plate...

I made this forever ago, but never posted pictures. I bought a swan neck adapter from Bak-Rak http://www.bak-rak.com/s%20to%20f%20converter.htm(through eBay, since the company didn't respond to my emails) and combined it with an aluminum cargo carrier, so I could make a cargo carrier for my euro hitch. I added lights since the wiring was in place.
Here are a few pics of the end result.

Install takes a couple of minutes. Pull the clamshell over the ball, set the Bak-Rak pieces on the clam shell and tighten the nut to 65 ft lbs. It's nice when I don't want to get the trailer for something relatively light that I don't want in my car.

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
I have a Watling Engineering swan neck to 2" receiver adapter. Attachment is similar. I think it was about 156 shipped, so a little higher cost. It was all I could find at the time.

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
I'd be interested to find out if you ever get pulled over for hiding the license plate...
I can't really imagine that happening. My trailer blocks it, as does my bike carrier, and no one has ever said anything. I've never given it any thought.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I can't really imagine that happening. My trailer blocks it, as does my bike carrier, and no one has ever said anything. I've never given it any thought.
I understand with a trailer, because it has its own plate, but blocking it otherwise is a no-no here in MD.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
My first new car. It's been to the dealer 19 times, in under 2 years.

Prior I bought $500 cars, only 11 since I started driving, and NONE of them failed me or had issues.

The again, a warranty is just a written confirmation stuff isn't going to last.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
wagon back from body shop after getting rear ended waiting at a light (2x in 6 months!). shop added some new light scratches to hood & panels :mad:

performed 20k maintenance items: oil+filter (hate doing this on mk7), fuel filter, and air filter change. still need to change cabin filter and rotate tires (tough to complete with nfl games on)