What did you do to your MK7 today?

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Found some 18" Detroit wheels on craigslist last week. They do have some minor curb rash on a couple and some minor flaws, but I'm happy how they look . They had 3 year old Pirellis on them all with at least 2/3 tread left. The Pirellis are noisier than the Ecopias, the mpg's taken a light hit. I also discovered 3 separate purple blotches on the bottom cushion of driver side rear seat. Nothing I tried yesterday removed it:mad::mad::mad:- I have no idea how it got there, so I have no idea what kind of stain it is....

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
opened plugs in rear fog light assemblies and installed deautoled bulbs. you have to solder a wire on bulb tray to connect fog socket to tail light circuit. the tail lights are now bright like they should be.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I'd like to install a 12v socket between front seats on the back of the center console. Under the vents.

Is it miserable to get it out to bore a hole and run some wire?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

CrazyMonkey

TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen TDI SE 6M
I enabled the alarm with VCDS. Mine was apparently one that came without the alarm enabled. While I was in the module, I enabled the window up/down feature with the key fob. :)

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Hello,

I'd like to install a 12v socket between front seats on the back of the center console. Under the vents. Is it miserable to get it out to bore a hole and run some wire?
I looked into a similar project. The air duct flows through the bottom of the console, all the way to the back of it, and then up to the vents. In short, there's air vent directly behind the plastic that you're hoping to bore through. :(

Scott

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Our Alltrack has a 12v socket under the center arm rest, is that not convenient enough?

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Our Alltrack has a 12v socket under the center arm rest, is that not convenient enough?
No, otherwise I wouldn't be asking?

And vw moving the 120v outlet to the back of the car instead of in the middle is kinda weird too... But that's another rant.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Hello,

I looked into a similar project. The air duct flows through the bottom of the console, all the way to the back of it, and then up to the vents. In short, there's air vent directly behind the plastic that you're hoping to bore through. :(

Scott
Pooey. Thanks. Saved me some tearing apart for no reason headache.

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Perhaps an alternative is to extend the 12V outlet in the trunk to the center section of the rear armrest. Just a thought that may work for you.

zigrow

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
Took the clutch "assistance" spring off. It improved the feel for me. I recommend anyone with a MT try it if you haven't. Free easy mod and easily reversible.

I found the DIY in the MK7 Golf forums and it should probably be added to the DIY thread here also.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Hauled 13 60# bags redi mix in it.

Ordered 5 yard, guess I was a fuzz too short.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Anyone see anything in vcds to always keep adblue distance available in mfd? Seems it only pops up when low. Curious if it can be enabled always on.

codyayrton

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6M (sold to VW), 2015 Golf S Sportwagen TDI 6M
I'd like to install a 12v socket between front seats on the back of the center console. Under the vents.

Is it miserable to get it out to bore a hole and run some wire?

The rear part of the center console is very easy to remove.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BYs-NLrw5k&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bzITZQWhH0

You can look to see if there is a way to install the 12V outlet around the vent that Stealth TDI mentions. I was able to install a USB port inside the cubby of the center console by tapping into the wire that supplies power to the 12V outlet inside the cubby as well.

The option I did for the back seats is install a power adapter with four USBs and two 12V, similar to this one...

https://www.amazon.com/BESTEK-3-Soc...41006783&sr=8-26&keywords=usb+12v+car+adapter

...in the middle part of the bench seat. It's on a wire so can be moved around so a middle passenger does not have to sit on it. I tapped into the power source for the rear cargo 12V power outlet. The location I tapped into this power source is under the trim between the right rear door and the seat. (Be careful to not damage the fluid source for the rear window washer. It is a corrugated tube that looks very much like a wire protector, until fluid shoots out from the hole you've made to access the wires that are not in there.) I then pulled up the bench and routed the wire to the middle underneath it.

You could also just plug a power adapter with a longer wire into the cargo area 12V outlet up to the bench seat and pass it through between the backrest and the seat.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Will gti calipers and rotors fit on my '15 golf s tdi with my 18" Austin wheels?

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Will gti calipers and rotors fit on my '15 golf s tdi with my 18" Austin wheels?
GTI's came stock with 18" Austins 2015-2017, so I'd assume so.

My 2016 GTI was the performance pack, which had the even bigger R-size brakes, so the Austins have a significant amount of room.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I guess its a question if the calipers will bolt up being much larger.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Its not that the stock S brakes are inadaquate, They sort of look silly and small behind the austins. Maybe I shouldn't have painted the calipers so they stand out.

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
Hello,

I just bought a Hi-Lift jack for more comfortable bearing maintenance. I, too, use my car to hold the trailer steady. I did this last week...

:)

Scott
Bought an hi-lift when I had a wheeling truck, thought id never use it again. Turn out it's pretty useful. Thinking about mounting it on the trailer.

Use it today to carry 1300lbs of scrap concrete to the dump. First "serious load" since I retrofitted my utility trailer with brake, worth it.

Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I need to justify getting a utility trailer

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
215-60-16 is where it's at! They'll fit don't worry.

mopower

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW
215-60-16 is where it's at! They'll fit don't worry.
I'm planning to upsize to an alltrack fitment when this set goes bald, this is car #4 that they've been transferred to since 2013. The wheels are from a 2000 B5 Audi A4.

Also, Michelin made it known that the next generation x-ice is on the way - I did consider getting some Hak R3's too.