What did you do to your MK7 today?

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Moved my boost gauge from a temporary to permanent location via a vent pod kit. Much cleaner now. Two inline restrictors and both ends of a q-tip worth of cotton to keep this thing quiet and smooth!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dwu.048

TDI
2015 Golf MK7 (DSG)
Not today but over the last few weeks. Changed the grille and added exhaust tips. Will be changing the rear diffuser as well.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White
Changed the steering to Dynamic and the throttle to linear using OBDEleven this weekend.

GAME. CHANGER.

The throttle is the biggest difference, it's sooooo much more natural. Love it. The steering wasn't a huge change, but it definitely feels better.

Also changed the calibration factor for the MFD consumption and added comfort opening and closing.

I chickened out on removing the "torque limitation". Is that one worth it?

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Replaced driver's side window motor that kept faulting and causing the auto up/down function to need resetting. Keyfob and one-touch window functions also don't work when this unit faults until it's reset. For anyone that might be curious, the door card doesn't even need to be fully removed to access and replace this motor. It is a splined shaft that goes into the main cable pulley attached to the door by three torx screws. You only have to undo the two torx screws by the door pull, locate the bottom locking tab and rotate 90° so it fits through the panel, and release the 6 buttons holding the panel to the door. You can do the work from that point in five minutes. Obviously from there, it's only the door latch and about five electrical connectors to undo if you want the panel out of the way completely.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Any ideas for adding a 2nd fan? Upsetting the ac is pussy until roaring down the road when it's 95 outside....

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
That's not what I was asking. But it's set to hot country mode for reference.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
yeah, I am saddened by the dismal ability of the AC system to cool the car off.

Yes I have hot country mode enabled. is there something else I should be checking? is this covered under any warranty if it performs poorly? it does cool the car, but not like any other car I have ever had.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
yeah, I am saddened by the dismal ability of the AC system to cool the car off.
Yes I have hot country mode enabled. is there something else I should be checking? is this covered under any warranty if it performs poorly? it does cool the car, but not like any other car I have ever had.
Ours works fine and I haven't checked to see if it's in Hot Country mode. It was 90°+ here in Baltimore today and the wagon with the Pano Roof shade closed was sitting in the sun for an hour and a half while I was at a doctor's appointment. I started the car, turned the A/C on to max and the fan on 4. Within five minutes, I dialed the fan back to 2-3 and was comfortable all the way home. I'll check the vent temperature tomorrow and post here.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
It works good. Just sucks vw killed the 2nd fan. Reason it's straight up freezing when ripping down the expressway.

It's simple science. To remove heat you need air flow.

Cutting costs...

DieselSport15

TDI
2015 Sportwagen SEL, 2014 Touareg Exec.
That GSW looks like it could steal my GSW’s lunch money! :D

Very sharp.
Thanks!!

Supermarine Blue Performance Series Plasti-Dip, Avid1 AV36 wheels with black chrome wrap, Kerma Tune, painted calipers, AFE intake, Eds Rep headlights, Icon front lip, coilovers, tint, rear hatch fin spoilers and Oettinger "style" hatch spoiler (not in pic), OBDEleven

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Whatever floats your boat, but I do not get the Plasti-Dip look. Just my 2¢...

JeffsSportWagen

Usually between the Florida Gulf Coast & Treasure
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen S TDI/dsg
I've been lurking since last year but I'm still kinda new here. I had looking for a blue Mk7 GSW and when a Night Blue TDI showed up in December... I pulled the trigger. This is my first TDI, although I've been a big fan for nearly 20 years.
I'm ultimately going for a DIY GTD (since we don't get them on this side of the pond.) I re-purposed the extra "G" I had from when I de-badged "Golf" and added it in front of the TDI badge and then removed the "I" for my very own DIY GTD badge.

Then later in the evening I opened up my Carista App to determine which option the GTD welcome screen was. (Its option number 2) As an added bonus, I hadn't previously found the option to change steering response to "Dynamic" or the LSD to "Medium." But last night I found them both! I guess I just didn't see them when I changed throttle response to "Direct."

My car is slowing coming together and I'm loving that I've done all of it. (with some help from my new friends here) I think my car and I will be very happy here and I look forward to learning more!
Here is my GSW TDI as I bought it:

And here it is as of yesterday:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Night blue metallic is a beautiful color. I ended up with a white car because that's what our dealer had with a manual transmission (never titled, not bought back). And after 16 years of driving an Indigo Blue car I was ready for a change. However, I've seen a few night blue cars since and wish there had been one available. I like what you've done.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
just look at the paint from 15 feet, anything closer shows the poor top coat VW uses on that dark blue (unless one has invested in ceramic coating or PPF).

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
just look at the paint from 15 feet, anything closer shows the poor top coat VW uses on that dark blue (unless one has invested in ceramic coating or PPF).
That's the challenge with a lot of newer cars: Paint quality. A customer came by with his black M3 a while ago and the orange peel was so bad I thought the car had been repaired and repainted. Not so.

On newer VWs I have clear bras put on immediately because the paint chips so easily. On dark colors it's tough to keep them looking new.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
That's the challenge with a lot of newer cars: Paint quality. A customer came by with his black M3 a while ago and the orange peel was so bad I thought the car had been repaired and repainted. Not so.

On newer VWs I have clear bras put on immediately because the paint chips so easily. On dark colors it's tough to keep them looking new.
I found one on Amazon for $70ish. Think they're worth the investment? I've never had one, or owned a car nice enough to invest in one.

JeffsSportWagen

Usually between the Florida Gulf Coast & Treasure
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen S TDI/dsg
Night blue metallic is a beautiful color. I ended up with a white car because that's what our dealer had with a manual transmission (never titled, not bought back). And after 16 years of driving an Indigo Blue car I was ready for a change. However, I've seen a few night blue cars since and wish there had been one available. I like what you've done.

Thanks! My favorite color is blue, yet this is only my 3rd blue car. I've had 5 silver cars and was coming out of my 6th ruby red so my first choice was Silk Blue. When I found this one it was the perfect combo of Blue over Gray pleather, clean vehicle history/condition and price. Having lived with it for a while now, I'm loving the color as I have yet to see another Night Blue in person but I've seen a few Silk Blue ones.

Totally agree about modern paint systems, as the craft has evolved to the point that they know the absolute minimum amount of material they can use. I miss the days of multi-coat clear systems. Even the Mrs's 535i has quite a lot of paint chips and pitting after just 3 years and 60k miles which I feel is not acceptable for a vehicle that was $69,000 new.

I did do some minor paint correction on mine, but I grew up next door to my Grandfather's paint and body shop so I know it could be worse.