What did you do to your MK7 today?

mayday_soc

TDI
Mk7 TDI SEL
Cross post from the other forum... if I can get this thread to open in Tapatalk I'll add pictures, sometimes it opens, others times it doesn't...

Replaced engine and transmission mounts with 034 mounts, all new hardware. Got the wife to tighten bolts while I kept the engine/transmission in place. Found that out of the factory my transmission mount was slightly misaligned. That might explain why a dogbone insert gave me unbearable vibration... who knows? Anyway, engine mount is a little more annoying on a diesel, extra stuff in the way.

I also see why no one shows the TDI in their fitment guides. New engine mount is missing a mounting point for an existing bracket, but the bracket has 2 other mount points so is in no danger of moving around. The Superpro engine mount (which is no longer available) does show that mounting point but I don't think the TDI was on their fitment list either.

Blah blah blah... my stock mounts, once removed, could be flexed by hand which I assume isn't good. Went for a drive and it feels better going through the gears. I don't launch the car but getting a smooth start with low-medium throttle was easier.

MOST importantly to me, no noticeable difference in noise or vibration, even with the A/C on. Very happy that 034's claims held up in that regard. Their dogbone inserts will get installed in conjunction with the aluminum subframe, hopefully 2 weekends from now.

Did you end up installing the 034 dog bone insert? I picked up the same engine/trans mounts and will be installing soon. I had to remove my power flex diesel insert due to nvh. Turns out they make two and I installed the wrong one. I believe build dates before 9/15 need insert ending in 830, I installed 832. I was going to make another run at an insert.

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
My current setup is 034 engine and transmission mount and 034 upper and lower dog bone inserts. It's perfect to me. No added vibrations even with A/C on. Shifting feels great. There's a little more transmission noise but in a good way. And it's not being converted to vibrations.

I had the correct power flex insert, diesel specific... It was unbearable.

mayday_soc

TDI
Mk7 TDI SEL
My current setup is 034 engine and transmission mount and 034 upper and lower dog bone inserts. It's perfect to me. No added vibrations even with A/C on. Shifting feels great. There's a little more transmission noise but in a good way. And it's not being converted to vibrations.

I had the correct power flex insert, diesel specific... It was unbearable.
Did you install the Street density dogbone inserts or the billet aluminum? I’m doing the 034 street density engine and trans mounts, I’m just unsure on which dogbone insert to try next. I’m probably going to install both upper and lower 034 aluminum inserts to reduce wheel hop/engine mount damage. I can’t relive my last NVH experience, it was rattling my fillings out.

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Installed these engine/transmission mounts...

And these...
(Version 1, for early Mk7s)

mayday_soc

TDI
Mk7 TDI SEL
Installed these engine/transmission mounts...

And these...
(Version 1, for early Mk7s)

Thanks Bud. That’s what I assumed. Already have them in my ECS cart. Trying to win that B8.

mkane

Veteran Member
TDI
GSW SEL 6spd
Cleaned interior windshield, rearview mirrors & headlamp covers in preparation for a lengthy road trip.

Nuje

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2003; 2016 A3 e-tron
Put the first coat of VW OEM touch-up (spray) paint on my (to be retrofitted) parking sensors....and I'm not liking the look of the paint. It seems WAY too dark - closer to "charcoal" metallic than "platinum grey" metallic. Might have to go back to VW to see if they ordered the wrong paint code.

The spec sheet lists the paint code as "2R2R", but everywhere I look online has 2R2R being the same product as LD7X. Not sure how that LLSD7X from my spray can plays into the equation.

mayday_soc

TDI
Mk7 TDI SEL
Put the first coat of VW OEM touch-up (spray) paint on my (to be retrofitted) parking sensors....and I'm not liking the look of the paint. It seems WAY too dark - closer to "charcoal" metallic than "platinum grey" metallic. Might have to go back to VW to see if they ordered the wrong paint code.

The spec sheet lists the paint code as "2R2R", but everywhere I look online has 2R2R being the same product as LD7X. Not sure how that LLSD7X from my spray can plays into the equation.
I picked up touch-up paint from my local dealer. It matched perfectly but it was a paint pen. Didn’t even know spray paint was an option.

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Hmmm, my sensors are "installed" but the bumpers are still off. I also didn't know spray was an option. I have a painter scheduled to do my sensors along with paint correction so I'll have to get with him and see if he wants me to pick up some of this spray. I think I have a paint pen from when I bought the car but I doubt if it's any good now.

dwu.048

TDI
2015 Golf MK7 (DSG)
Yes I did. Doesn't look too bad. I've grown to like them. I'm just missing the bumper lip to match.

Last edited: