What did you do to your MK7 today?

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
$20 shipping on a lightweight $100 order - sometimes it hurts living in the Great White North.

Let us know what you think about that oil drain tool idparts has cooked up; I've looked at it a few times, but not convinced on how much easier it'll make the oil change.
It's actually worst than that. 25$ and 2 tax!

....but it's still the cheapest option.

JeffsSportWagen

Usually between the Florida Gulf Coast & Treasure
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen S TDI/dsg
If the gti bumper cover fit the sportwagen, whats the chances a R cover will fit as well?
Totally works! I'm just going for a DIY GTD look... and I wanted the fogs. But several have put R front and rear (estate/varient) bumpers & skirts on their GSWs.

There's even a gentleman on VW Vortex that has taken a totaled R and a salvage GSW to build a very complete GSW R. So pretty much everything fits. (presuming you have the time, ability and budget)

Cheers

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
Alzor 881 in 18x8.5 et45

Couldn't find any VW 73mm center cap, ended up gluing come 75mm VW logo from eBay.

Now I have to decide on tires.

Last edited:

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Alzor 881 in 18x8.5 et45
Couldn't find any VW 73mm center cap, ended up gluing come 75mm VW logo from eBay.
Looks way better than an Alzor cap. The only cap that would look better than VW would be a BBS, but then this wheel is a copy of a BBS LM, so you're keeping it real by not pretending it is. The BBS LM is the best looking performance/racing wheel ever designed IMHO.

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
Looks way better than an Alzor cap. The only cap that would look better than VW would be a BBS, but then this wheel is a copy of a BBS LM, so you're keeping it real by not pretending it is. The BBS LM is the best looking performance/racing wheel ever designed IMHO.
You're right, and I can't justify 6k wheels in my life yet.

armando_m

TDI
2016 Golf sportwagen
312mm front breaks from a mk2 TT
on everyday driving it feels the same as stock, but it now stops much better from high speed, also in a favorite curvy road where it used to smell to hot pads, it does not smell any more

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
312mm front breaks from a mk2 TT

on everyday driving it feels the same as stock, but it now stops much better from high speed, also in a favorite curvy road where it used to smell to hot pads, it does not smell any more

Awesome!
I have my 18z brakes going in this weekend or next. Need to get up to the mountains for some fun roads!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
First time I change the oil on this car myself.

The oil cartridge location is stupid. It's even more difficult to get it out on coolant heater equipped model.

broazona

TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT
Swapped some plaid GTI seats into the car. Makes a world of a difference, and I love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Did the 60k service. Rotated tires. Changed the oil, fuel filter, air filter and cabin filter. Used Fridgifresh and it helped considerably but not 100% There is still a mild stale smell from the HVAC. Found 3 of the 4 lockers damaged from when the tires were installed. Had the better half run to VW and get 4 non lockers and new caps for them. Got rid of all 4 sunroof drains. Didnt have to remove the wiper motor i just used a long flat screw driver to reach in and pop it off.

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White
Swapped some plaid GTI seats into the car. Makes a world of a difference, and I love them!
That's so high on my list of things I want to do. The more I use them the less happy I am with the base model seats.

Unfortunately my wife isn't a fan of the plaid seats. Which makes absolutely no sense to me.

dataiv

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Wagon TDI 6MT
Swapped some plaid GTI seats into the car. Makes a world of a difference, and I love them![/IMG]

This! Envious!!! Every time I sit in my mk7 I wish it had the same seats of the mk6. I have sat in a GTI with those seats and they feel great too. Totally interested in doing that swap as well.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Do the swap but try to find ones that are full electric like higher line R or the gti autobahn.

broazona

TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT
That's so high on my list of things I want to do. The more I use them the less happy I am with the base model seats.

Unfortunately my wife isn't a fan of the plaid seats. Which makes absolutely no sense to me.

My wife wasn’t either! But she’s grown to like them ! These sets for the mk7s are too hard to come by at the moment on the used market, so as soon as they came up I had to buy them

broazona

TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT
This! Envious!!! Every time I sit in my mk7 I wish it had the same seats of the mk6. I have sat in a GTI with those seats and they feel great too. Totally interested in doing that swap as well.

Very worth it man!

broazona

TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT
Picked these up today... putting them on Thursday!

Will update with pictures then :)

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Anyone use weather tech window guards?

I read a few posts on reddit of how they upset the window auto up, and collect dust and dirt and scratches the glass and aftermarket tint.

Anyone to confirm? Or confirm otherwise?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Recommend using factory supplied ones. they work and fit well. I just installed front. Buy online from idparts or others. 5min install time.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
We don't sell the window guards. I have the VW OE ones for my MKIV, and didn't love them. They did scratch the tint.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Such a let down. Not your stocking of the guards but how inferior and the results.

Guess I'll hold off. Or swap glass for factory tint. Ha.

cascade7997

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI sold, 2015 Golf SE TDI 6MT
Anyone use weather tech window guards?

I read a few posts on reddit of how they upset the window auto up, and collect dust and dirt and scratches the glass and aftermarket tint.

Anyone to confirm? Or confirm otherwise?

I started with the OEM window guards. Lost a rear one with the window open.
Switched to Weather Guard front and back with no problems. Much better design. Installed for 2 years now. Auto up/down works fine. These are factory windows ie no added tint.
Howard Garner Also had weather guard on my 2005 Golf.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Busy day.

Dsg fluid, Dsg filter, Motor oil, Oil filter, Air filter

Cabin filter, also blew out the soft cog wheel, investigated and addressed that, while spilling my beer.

Rotated tires

removed old weights and rebalanced.

Removed all the interior seats so I can properly clean and shampoo all the areas, complete sanitary wipe down, interior conditioner, and found a new car freshener on the garage floor.

Damn.

Also applied more tint over all rear and side windows, excluding the front doors. Added a tint strip full width of windshield 4" down to Kill sun glare.

Like a new car.

Just at wish there were more good results with window guard/deflectors. Oh well.

Last edited:

Nickmk7

TDI
Mk7.5 GTI SE DSG 2002 Jetta TDI GLS M/T
Dropped car off at VW who is having a body shop replace the headliner, sunroof frame, windshield, and black glass that goes in front of the sunroof. For a sunroof leak.