What did you do to your MK7 today?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Check this YT video to see some of the settings. Not very helpful though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NEu-v_DrV8

Ross-Tech

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Battery_Replacement

AGM batteries require a different charging scheme to prolong their life and work properly. There is a setting for that in there from the video.

https://shop.pkys.com/AGM-Battery-Recommended-Charge-Parameters.html

Maybe GreenLantern_TDI could post the settings they used or changed for everyone elses benefit.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
I followed the steps outlined here
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7926

VCDS coding required:-
From the Main screen:-
Select Control Module [Select]
[19-CAN Gateway]*
Advanced Functions screen:-
[Adaptions-10]
New value choice screen:-
Change the following four channels, inputting the relevant data about the new battery.
IDE03256-MAS06105-Battery adaptation-Rated battery capacity,
IDE03256-MAS06106-Battery adaptation-Battery technology,*
IDE03256-MAS06107-Battery adaptation-Battery manufacturer,
IDE03256-MAS06108-Battery adaptation-Battery Serial Number,

Change the batteries ah rating. Which was 61ah and now is 70ah for mine. Change the serial number. Its 111111111 to start with just take the last 1 and make it a 2. And change battery type from wet to whatever the new batteries type is which was AGM for me. Only thing I couldnt change is the Manufacturer which shouldnt matter.

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
When you change to AGM does it alter the charging characteristics to go along with how they are supposed to be charged? Did you do a before and after test of voltages or anything?

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
When you change to AGM does it alter the charging characteristics to go along with how they are supposed to be charged? Did you do a before and after test of voltages or anything?
From what ive read it does. Im not real sure but im sure itll be fine either way. I didnt take any voltage measurements. That woulda been nice to know but at any rate I was gona use an AGM anyway as they are superior to old wet technology.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Some VWs get AGMs from the factory with stop/start. The program in the car has the AGM battery option which I selected. Im sure the car knows what to do with it from there. Im not worried that there will be an issue.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
I think the specs look good. I know Johnson Controls makes them. Im pretty sure i wouldnt pay $280 when a guy can get a hell of a good battery made by East Penn for $159. The $120 difference could buy you alot of fuel treatment for this winter.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Some VWs get AGMs from the factory with stop/start.

All start stop activated cars have AGMs.

Lots of 2018 GTIs owners are going to be shocked when the dealer has to replace their batteries.

If an owner is just swapping a normal flooded lead acid battery like for like, I've heard coding isn't that important, but if you're going a size up (why not def worth it to have a normal size battery) or changing type then yeah well worth it to change coding.

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
I think the specs look good. I know Johnson Controls makes them. Im pretty sure i wouldnt pay $280 when a guy can get a hell of a good battery made by East Penn for $159. The $120 difference could buy you alot of fuel treatment for this winter.
JCI does make them. I used to work for them and was able to get them at cost for under $100 until the major hikes in 2011 or so. I haven't had good luck with any of the red tops in daily drivers or occasional cars (have bought many for myself, friends and family) but the yellow and blue tops are good. But they are very proud of them!

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Off at the dealer.

Plugged heater core, passenger rear door leaking, odd light and transmission error, which is keeping a stored fault code and isn't going away...

21197 - Transmission Control Unit*

* * * * * P1701 00 [008] - Locked

* * * * * Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

* * * * * * *Freeze Frame:

* * * * * * * * * * Fault Status: 00000001

* * * * * * * * * * Fault Priority: 0

* * * * * * * * * * Fault Frequency: 1

* * * * * * * * * * Mileage: 54570 km

* * * * * * * * * * Date: 2018.11.24

* * * * * * * * * * Time: 03:20:37

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
It would be nice if you kept this in your other DSG thread, as it pertains to that. Usually when posting VCDS scans it is asked to post the whole thing, not parts of it like you are doing. You can wrap it so it shows up in a window in your post that is scroll-able using the controls on the page. That way it doesn't blow the page out with all the scan info.

Last edited:

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
It would be nice if you kept this in your other DSG thread, as it pertains to that. Usually when posting VCDS scans it is asked to post the whole thing, not parts of it like you are doing. You can wrap it so it shows up in a window in your post that is scroll-able using the controls on the page. That way it doesn't blow the page out with all the scan info.
Oh, I figured it was acceptable since it's mk7?
Oh, I wasn't aware the other 13 pages of no codes found was needed from other modules.
Oh, I'll Google the code and make a note.

Thanks

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
It makes it easier for others to help you if you keep "all" relevant information together in one thread. As double posting info is frowned upon here, posting it here and there isn't good either. The Ross-Tech people usually ask that full postings of the scan be done so they can see completely what is going on, not just what you think is relevant. There is or was a way to post text so it was in its own window with a scroll bar so those 13 pages you speak of don't occupy so much space. I can't find a link to it just now but will keep looking. It could be they disabled it in this latest update.

armando_m

TDI
2016 Golf sportwagen
Replaced the original front brake pads with Akebono , clean wheels and slightly improved stopping

also installed the rear window spoilers of the R sportwagen

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Oh OK.

I'll make sure I list everything possible from every module.

I think I should be to pull info from wiper module if Im having dsg codes.

pebjr

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta; 2015 Golf S
I did the 40K maintenance today, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and DSG filter (OEM parts)

Used Pentosin oil and transmission fluids.... Wasn't that bad, took slight longer than I expected, but I took my time and did it by the book...

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Oh OK.
I'll make sure I list everything possible from every module.
I think I should be to pull info from wiper module if Im having dsg codes.
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink." Be a hard head when someone is trying to help and give you suggestions, if you want. I saw in one of your postings you already had an issue with this, IIRC. I won't help you anymore.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Well,

New heater core, new gaskets on rear door, new cabin filter,

Loose barrel lock on dsg wire harness possibly caused lockouts.

No issues since.

Tech shook my hand on such a nice trailer hitch and proper trailer wiring with coding and a thumbs up on the zero start heater.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I post alot of bull****.

Here's some more.

Believe what you want.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
I didn't doubt you, I just hadn't remembered another blocked core reported on Fred's and was concerned about this becoming an issue as it has been for the Passat NMSs. In searching, I found at least one other.

Last edited:

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I didn't doubt you, I just hadn't remembered another blocked core reported on Fred's and was concerned about this becoming an issue as it has been for the Passat NMSs. In searching, I found at least one other.
Comment wasn't directed towards you.

My clogged heater core was very obvious once I disabled the the high amp grid heater.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Yes. Option also in vcds. Also can hear relay click when conditions right.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Did the 40K mi (i.e. first) DSG oil change on my GSW. Took two hours, really taking my time.

I used the ID Parts DSG starter kit with funnel and screw-on fitting to the drain hole of the transmission. Worked great. I warmed the oil jug up in a bucket of hot water and it flowed quite quickly.

The only slight concern I had was that the filter I took out was in a plastic cage (part # 02E 305 051 D), while the filter I was shipped was just the filter without the plastic cage around it (par t# 02E 305 051 C). It still seemed to pop into place and seal the small o-ring, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

For reference, here are the D, then C versions:

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Stopped by dealer today to make appointment to get the horn looked at. I think the high note quit a couple weeks ago, as it is barely audible now when I beep horn or when alarm arms. Figured it would be under the 3yr/36k mile, but the "service advisor" thinks it would be from production date(6/15/15), not when I bought it(5/17/17). I talked to sales person I bought car from and said he'd talk to the advisor, as she's new at this:rolleyes:. Appointment next Sat 15th, we shall see.....

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Stopped by dealer today to make appointment to get the horn looked at. I think the high note quit a couple weeks ago, as it is barely audible now when I beep horn or when alarm arms. Figured it would be under the 3yr/36k mile, but the "service advisor" thinks it would be from production date(6/15/15), not when I bought it(5/17/17). I talked to sales person I bought car from and said he'd talk to the advisor, as she's new at this:rolleyes:. Appointment next Sat 15th, we shall see.....
My horn went caput today as well, but I lost low tone. Went out milliseconds after I pressed it. Sounds pitiful now.

Maybe has to do with cold weather?