What did you do to your mk6 Jetta today?

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Abaron - I put one of those hitches on my 2014. I'll save you the trouble of sharing a photo by sharing this one:

It hides fairly well, far better than the 2011-2014 version, anyway...

I like that it also lets me use a shorter drawbar. :)

Later,

Scott

vwUMO

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2003 JSW TDI 5MT ,2012 Jetta TDI 6MT, 2013 jetta TDI 6MT
I converted to free trade, totally organic, hand pressed native virgin olive oil. Not only is it good for the environment and your soul, but it goes great on chicken too....

Just kidding! I finished the ESP button and auto headlights today. Other than operation CP3 and suspension, not much else remains!

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
I doubt they HAD to. It's a marketing choice, and probably a good one if selling them now could lead to mischief. ;)

croppz

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 DSG Jetta TDI
Quick question, I got my 13 Jetta TDI on the 15th of September. Upon pressing in the brake at speed to slow down for a light or traffic, I get an audible click from inside the dash from what sounds like behind the gauge cluster. Just wanted to see if anyone else noticed this?

abaron

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta Trendline+
Got Rims for my winters and got them mounted

After an ordeal of getting a set of steelies with the wrong bolt pattern I managed to pick up a set of 15" VW Alloy Adelaide rims to mount my old snow tires on (Michelin X-Ice).
Got the wheels for a great price ($80 for all 4) one is missing the centre cap and also has a lot of curb rash JUST on the lip. - Anyone got a spare centre cap?

Last edited:

Aztraveler

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold 2014 Jetta back to VW in 2016. In Oct 2020 Bought 2015 Passat TDI SE CPO
I did my 40k service myself. I have a manual, so no need for a DSG service.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

croppz

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 DSG Jetta TDI
Went to the dealer to check out a GLI Jetta just to see what the differences were aside from engine and drove it. I think I like my TDI better for a DD, I just got the TDI but the GLI was second on my list if I couldn't find a TDI I liked. GLI was loaded with just about everything, just don't think I could daily one because of the MPG loss, I'm enjoying my 600+ miles tanks.

jcart

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDi Malone Stage 2, Rawtek.
Swapped in PIAA H8 Crystal Ion Yellow Fog bulbs (35 watt) into wifey' sig rig. Easy to do just turn steering wheel to full lock right. Pull fog light cover access out of inner fender liner, wiring harness at bottom (of bulb) and unplug bulb. 1/4 twist counterclockwise (hand on bulb) remove, replace with PIAA. Just make sure the cover in the fender liner is fully attached, tabs are snapped back into place. Passenger side same as above, VW left a void in windshield washer reservoir tank to access passenger side fog bulb. Will post link to pix once I get them loaded to Dropbox (and a night shot too). Now to order the dash Euro Switch!
jrc

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
I buffed out a spot where the neighbors dog jumped up on one of the doors:rolleyes: and got some new Continental tires. I'm pretty happy about the tires, lol (not so much the a$$h01e neighbor).

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Went to have the right rear door seal replaced.....again. In livery serivce they seem to have a shelf life of only about 2 years or 10,000 passengers. (Whichever comes first :rolleyes:)

Unfourtunately, we found rust under it this time. :( My amatuer doctoring is drying now and I get to fit the new seal later. Woulda been nice to have it paid off for a while before finding rust....:eek:

Just claybarred and waxed yesterday too....oh well....

steve1479

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI
Did a full interior detail and conditioned / treated the leather.

Got my new winters mounted on my steelies (Yokohama IG52C's)

Booked my 45,000 km service, and booked my tire switch-over for the first weekend of November

Hopefully it's nice that weekend, I'd like to do a nice handwash, claybar and wax before it's too cold!

mincanada

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 jetta tdi
Swapped in PIAA H8 Crystal Ion Yellow Fog bulbs (35 watt) into wifey' sig rig. Easy to do just turn steering wheel to full lock right. Pull fog light cover access out of inner fender liner, wiring harness at bottom (of bulb) and unplug bulb. 1/4 twist counterclockwise (hand on bulb) remove, replace with PIAA. Just make sure the cover in the fender liner is fully attached, tabs are snapped back into place. Passenger side same as above, VW left a void in windshield washer reservoir tank to access passenger side fog bulb. Will post link to pix once I get them loaded to Dropbox (and a night shot too). Now to order the dash Euro Switch!
jrc
Nice! Please post a pic when you can

jcart

Veteran Member
TDI
Ordered the DieselGeek short shifter yesterday, thinking this will be a nice mod for the sig ride. Put a SS on one of my powerstroke trucks and it's a really nice mod so looking forward to this one. Think I'll install and not tell the Mrs.... Heh heh. Ummm nope I think it's just breaking in now with 8k Kms.... Why does it feel different? ��

jrc

Last edited:

jcart

Veteran Member
TDI
Ordered up traction control delete and the euro headlight switch with the rear fogs option. Thinking I may add other lighting (in the grille out of obvious sight) and run an old school floor switch inline with the "rear fog". The notion would be to active the system with the rear fog euro switch position then control driving lights with floor switch.