What did you do to your car today?

dmoonen

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta 1.9L TDI, 00 Jetta Alh and several others.
First snow fall at blue=snows are on. Switched over to the BBS reps with new 205 Bridgestone Blizzak's. New shop is complete with infloor heating and mid-rise hoist! Also have all my goodies gathered for my 04 BEW Jetta so its going to be a suspension based weekend.

Today changed the air filter, Oil change+filter using Mobil 1 TDT 5W-40, Changed the transmission fluid replaced with Royal Purple Syncomax. Sitting at 346K now and the first actual problem arose. . . seat belt sensor stupid thing keeps yelling at me going to do a trip to the junk yard.

This weekend goals:

• Finally getting around to install my Koni Yellows/Eibach Pro Kit suspension (inc new hardware).
  • New control arms, with tt bushings
  • Extend the glowplug timing via VCDS.
  • Fix the stupid seat belt sensor

Loaded the bolts up with PB blaster today tomorrow it goes into surgery.

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
changed out the headlight noticed the wires are falling apart. just deteriorating. so I bought 2 new light harnesses from aarodriguez. never did business with him before. we shall see!!

dmoonen

Veteran Member
TDI
Last edited:

dmoonen

Veteran Member
TDI
Rear koni yellows and Eibach sport lines are in with all new hard ware adjusted 180 from hard. Also redid the mufflerectory while I was in there: all new piping, tip now exits out of the exhaust valence also re did the mounts so it sits perfectly.

Got the LCA's out and the passenger strut out. . Have to complete tomorrow

SoKYTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL 4-door
It was actually yesterday, but I replaced the crappy hood latch. Was beginning to think the new one was badly-manufactured until I squirted some Mobil1 on it. Works like new now.

mech644

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '14 Touareg
Over the weekend on The '06 MKV:
All fluids, filters, TB and new cam kit, followed 20 minutes later by another O&F.
Degunked the ASV and EGR housings, though still have to go back in there in a few weeks remove the IM and clean it (which means pulling turbo, bummer).
All parts from IDparts, great service as usual!

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
changed out the headlight noticed the wires are falling apart. just deteriorating. so I bought 2 new light harnesses from aarodriguez. never did business with him before. we shall see!!
Great guy, and good vendor. Multiple purchases

dmoonen

Veteran Member
TDI
I have successfully reached a new level of anger today resulting in a death of a macbook via a hammer named Thor.

Installing the new LCA on the drivers side the front bolt didn't want to seat on the nut. . . sure enough the nut broke free of its crappy weld and was sitting in the subframe. Preformed some surgery and cut open the subframe cleaned the area and welded the nut in place then welded my opening in the subframe shut, cleaned then painted looked like nothing happened:D. Reinstalled the new LCA and the NEW ball joint boot torn open. . . reinstalled the old ball joint until the new one comes in. .

So in summery:

• Audi TT bushings in LCA
  • New LCA's and passenger ball joint:confused:
  • Koni Yellows with Eibach Sportlines (rear 180 from firm, front 360 from firm)
  • New passenger side Axel
  • All new hardware
  • Cleaned up the mufflerectomy, now it's within the valence peaking out with a SS tip rather then below.

vanbcguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'93 Passat - AHU mTDI with GTB1756VK
Left my oil cap in the rain tray and drove 60km on the highway. Then had to degrease and clean my engine bay.

dremd

Veteran Member
TDI
06 sprinter. 03 jetta wagon premium with 6 speed ALH swap, 14 JSW
Got an exciting package dropped off by fedex from aarodregez with the very large word TURBO printed on the side. Wish I could put it in, but I'm busy 7 days a week until Christmas at the earliest.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Got an exciting package dropped off by fedex from aarodregez with the very large word TURBO printed on the side. Wish I could put it in, but I'm busy 7 days a week until Christmas at the earliest.
That package would have to be delivered to the office;) Wife would not be happy.:eek:

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Just tell her that "turbo" is a new shipping marketing term from FEDEX. It means really fast... ;)

Killabee228

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Sportwagen manual
Just tell her the turbo went out on your car. Do you think she is really the wiser? Or tell her with this turbo I can will get better fuel mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Planning to replace my lower intercooler pipe with aluminum, silicone rubber and stainless steel. Current setup is rusting and I'm worried about longevity

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
I'm no expert on the radiator fan, but methinks this one's done-er than done!

Thanks to Aaron and the boys at boraparts.com, I had a driver-side radiator fan delivered less than 16 hours after placing the order.
Picked it up and did a parking lot install in about 15 minutes.

Caddy 16v

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2000 Golf
Started my turbo install and of course the oil feed line would not come off, got all twisted, now I have to wait till Monday to get a braided one made up, sucks! :(