What did you do to your car today?

edarahk

TDI
13' TDI Golf 4dr 6MT w/tech pkg
Maybe she thought I would drive off (like I did today) and then see it later....or maybe she though she had a dream? IDK, I left on a two day business trip this morning mad as hell. And I don't plan on fixing the ~$1000 damage on that Santa Fe. This is time #2.
One word of caution for you folks that have wives with cars that have back up cameras. Next car...don't pay extra for one.;)
Is there any way not to park behind her?

edarahk

TDI
13' TDI Golf 4dr 6MT w/tech pkg
Gave her a bath as after a 1300 mile trip. Yuck.

Also bought some Manzerna Powerlock and Lusso Oro Wax...amazing how much better non-autozone waxes and sealants are. Smoother than silk. And it should last 6 months.

Come wash mine!

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Changed my motor mounts. It wasn't bad, just reaching in and around everything was a chore.

The J

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
On the '03 wagon:

Finished putting stock springs back in with new strut bearings/mounts.

I kept the TT LCAs and Bilstein Sports. Good, solid ride but more comfy than it was with the H&R Sport springs. It's going to take some time to get used to seeing all that wheel gap again.

Kujo

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS 5-speed
yesterday got my car up in the air at work to see what it needed for state inspection: both ebrake cables, sway bar bushings, glow plug harness, and headlights which were already on order so i made my first big purchase from idparts.com along with a new fuel filter to go to stock i dont see necessity in the cat one in there and a new air filter...

last night went to the local car meet and got a lot of attention as i am the only tdi...lol

powerfool

Veteran Member
TDI
None anymore
My wife backed her new Hyundai Santa Fe into the rear quarter of my Jetta last night when she was coming to the airport to pick me up. (Didn't tell me until I noticed the white paint on my black quarter panel this morning):mad:

Me: Who side swiped my car in the driveway (I have been in North Dakota for 9 days)?:eek:

Wife: ????? (look on her face)

(so I go look at her car in the garage...yep..scraped (2nd time mind you).:(

Me: What happened?:confused:

Wife: I must have hit it when I was leaving for the airport (in the dark).:(

Me: Well, didn't the back up camera AND audible alarm get your attention?:confused:

Wife: I must have been on the phone with the radio on at the time....:rolleyes:

Me: ***!!!:eek:
I had this same crap happen to me... I asked the wife, who never hit my car for the three years we parked that way why it happened this time...

Her answer: You weren't here, so I guess I assumed the car wasn't here...

While she was also on her way to pick me up from the airport... Good thing this was before the TDI...

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
i was out of town for 10 days. SHE parked it at the back end of the driveway (double width one) so that the car was well out of her way...:rolleyes:
Maybe if we took all their black shoes and drove over them several times, they could relate...

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Got a new transmission mount and RF CV joint and my acceleration wobble is gone. Also had the down pipe mount re-welded and the hole patched and the clamp replaced.

And got a new oil pan for the older son's car. The plug won't seal properly and it appears it is cracked or something.

Kujo

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS 5-speed
yesterday put my new headlights in ( need a new pigtail on pass. side ) and emptied crud behind wheelwell and fixed surface rust on fenders, then converted to a stock fuel filter...

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Helped my youngest son move his belongings out of storage and into a new apartment before starting his junior year at UMass Amherst. This time the Jetta wagon got an assist from our B4.

All three kids have gone to UMass Amherst and I've been moving them in and out of dorms and apartments for 10 years this fall, all in IBW. As usual it performed flawlessly. I was showing 485 miles on the trip at 1/2 tank, and that included driving 20 miles or so with a bed on the roof.

gioTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
well few things happened in past few weeks

Since about 45k I started getting CEL 0401 insufficient flow (EGR) so took her to the dealer paid 119 for diagnostics they told me its Low Pressure EGR valve and its not covered under warranty so they quoted me 700$ for parts and labor, thank you but ill pass

Ordered filter 200$ shipped from another dealer Online, was expecting job to be way more complicated for 700$, it took me 30 min tops to do that, the only issue was nut besides Turbo.

And next day went to Rehoboth beach and no more CEL and millage was great

On that note, the looked at my rear brakes quoted me 400$ to replace that, thank you ill pass, ordered oem brake pads as well, 30 min and have to brakes

On my brothers 2005 Golf pikced up a scion mirror for him with home link and Self Dimming option

Created custom mount, didn't really feel like paying 30$ for it

Fits like a glove, installed and wired it today as well

Last edited:

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Put on the roof rack and have been moving stuff from MA to NH for my new digs. It's been quite the workhorse the last two weeks. lawnmower on top, wheelbarrow, kettcar, tool boxes, ladders...I suspect I been looking quite the redneck up and down Rt93

Kujo

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS 5-speed
Passed inspection yesterday...thank god...then took it to work and did the hammer mod to get the iq into range as it was too low oddly enough afterwards the car had less power...went to go to work today to look into more of what the car needed so i can get it 100% and it decided to go into limp mode...through some diagnosis the n75 is leaking vacuum so we put the egr control valve in its place to get me by so i test drove it and everything was fantastic better than ever then a couple hours later back in limp mode so i may need a new actuator...also have all new vacuum lines coming in...

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
Put on the roof rack and have been moving stuff from MA to NH for my new digs. It's been quite the workhorse the last two weeks. lawnmower on top, wheelbarrow, kettcar, tool boxes, ladders...I suspect I been looking quite the redneck up and down Rt93
Mike:
Do you have a tow hitch? If so you can borrow my 4x8 utility trailer if you want.

Where in NH are you moving to?

03Springer

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL+ 2013 A3 TDI
Replaced the antenna base on the 2003 Golf. What a pain getting the metal cage that supports the headliner out with the six screws so you can access the anntenna quick disconnect. What should have been a 45 minute job turned into a 3 hour hassle. But worth it now, radio reception has improved greatly.

SoKYTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL 4-door
Looked around for a new front bumper cover, left wheel well liner & hardware kit, new cat-back exhaust, and made plans for new tires. All items that need replacing, and they even have the wife's approval!

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Looked around for a new front bumper cover, left wheel well liner & hardware kit, new cat-back exhaust, and made plans for new tires. All items that need replacing, and they even have the wife's approval!

LOL, that's the hardest part! Is your exhaust falling apart? Can you post which Cat-back you choose?

I plan on doing this sometime in the future and am curious what you decide.

SoKYTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL 4-door
LOL, that's the hardest part! Is your exhaust falling apart? Can you post which Cat-back you choose?

I plan on doing this sometime in the future and am curious what you decide.
I'm also putting tires on, and replacing the passenger CV axle and both front wheel bearings.

The exhaust rattles like h*ll on the rear axle beam since I backed into a curb at one of my daughters' school function. I was able to straighten it and do a redneck re-hanging, but it's VERY annoying and a bit embarrassing! I already have a 2.5" downpipe from IDParts.com, which has the adapter to the stock pipe. So, I'm probably going to go with this one from NGPRacing to complete the system.

The bumper cover and fender well liners are all bolted together and provide a weak structural support for each other at the corners. As a result (or because the car is 10 years old), the screw holes are pulled through/cracked/broken/missing and the bumper cover attachment points are broken or missing. So, they all kinda lean on each other to keep it from flopping around too badly. Plus, the lower lip is broken and cracked.

This is the bumper cover I believe I'm going with. My kids liked it over the R32 style and a couple of others I'd picked out. Plus it's unlike anything I've seen around here. It's a shame that Extreme Dynamics doesn't put more effort into their pictures, because the on-car photos are crap.