What did you do to your car today?

silverbox

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta wagon 2003 silver
2DP's so far, stock and PP, the only IDparts pipes i have are cat back 2.5.
I'm waiting for Matt to finish a pipe that will just about fit where the PP DP is now. it will have a bit longer flex section.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
Started taking my headliner out. Got everything done but A and C pillars. Have to find/make a tool for the clips.

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
Started taking my headliner out. Got everything done but A and C pillars. Have to find/make a tool for the clips.
Not for the faint of heart. why?
and while your there do all you can. sunroof fix, antenna, soundproof the roof(I really want to do this).
the top A pillar clip is a *****. i got mine off, have NO IDEA how to put it back on. there was a picture in the Bentley of the clip. it is a pita. if the C pillar is the same,good luck.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
don't have a sunroof.

c pillar should be the same little metal clip.

i'm taking mine off because the headliner fabric is coming off on its own, and that orange crumbly crap is getting on my nerves.

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
As my worn out suspension destroyed both front tires, got two new Michelin
Primacy in that far-better-size-than-stock of 205/60 HR15s. They are 60k
tires. Got an alignment as well, of course!

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
Yesterday
My E320 CDI got rocketchip stage 1 all I can say is wow, I don't know know why I waited so long, turn the car in to a monster :D:D

Side effect
Want to keep driving non stop, even after a 3.5 hour drive. :eek:
The rear tires will need to be changed more often.
Really difficult to stop smiling.
And so on:p

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Took the new Montreal wheels to have Contis installed. I'll pick them up tomorrow, and put them on Waggin when I get it back.....

Spent some quality time yesterday with the insurance adjuster. Silver Jetta needs some front end love after it had a meeting with a tree.....Off to the bodyshop next week after the parts come in.

Last edited:

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
went out this morning to finish removing the headliner and what not. Smelled like i was in a bbq pit. and stung my eyes and made me cough.

ended up cleaning all the ash off my car and moving it into the garage.

forest fire a few hundred miles away i think..

Last edited:

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
finished taking off the headliner. accidentally found out you don't need to remove the a pillars to take off the headliner.

i was attempting to get a better view of the airbag clip on the a-pillar, and moved the headliner back a bit, and i'll be darned if it didn't just slide right back to the parcel shelf and out of the a-pillar.

thank goodness too, that a-pillar airbag clip is tucked neatly back there, near the windshield, protected by the airbag.... careful with that pick..

i'd also like to add that the fire was not a couple hundred miles away (there had been one up near manteo) but rather it was 20 miles away in jacksonville. fortunately, 100% contained, still a bit of burning, only 10K acres burnt. No homes, no body injured/killed. Thank God. with the tornadoes and other fires here and some minor flooding, it's good to have something not end up fatal.

03Springer

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL+ 2013 A3 TDI
Installed Skoda puddle lights on the exterior mirrors and wired them to the CCM so when you activate the remote to unlock the doors they will illuminate. Also installed the same style light that is found in the rear of the Golf that lights the interior of the hatch in the bottom of the door cards (Passats have this feature) so they illuminate the area when the door is swept open. Installed V-LEDS in those housings and the light output is amazing.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
went out this morning to finish removing the headliner and what not. Smelled like i was in a bbq pit. and stung my eyes and made me cough.

ended up cleaning all the ash off my car and moving it into the garage.

forest fire a few hundred miles away i think..

I'm currently in Norfolk and yesterday in the AM it smelled nasty!

xbiker423

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GL
Parked it at a friends house, got the Passat ready for the trip to Maine for my wedding :D
Congrats! Where in Maine is the wedding?

As for my car, I've some Micro DEs with HIDs sitting in my room to be installed soon... and I ordered a Vag Com cable. A few weeks ago I put some rain deflectors on the wagon's windows.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Fitted a set of these bushes,

they're for the Mk4 golf R32, really liking the feel from them, better handling on corners and turning into corners, less torque steer too. Part number is 8N0 407 181 B :)

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Lowered my idle speed from 1050 to 1000 RPM. Smoothed out things a fair amount.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
I wonder why they're so noisy, I have a G60 flywheel as standard on my car and will be fiting the sachs VR6 clutch at some point but it doesn't make a racket.:)
Engagement is a bit smoother at the higher idle speeds.

No noise here. There's a very faint racka-racka-racka (or tap-tap-tap) sound but you have to know to listen for it over the engine.

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
Fixed my middle A/C vents that were just flopping around. I used some Shrink tube of the vent and reinstalled them carefully. they work like a champ again.

mech644

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '14 Touareg
Last week;
New rear rear rotors and Akebono pads
PD 150 IM
PD130 TIP; did not fit very well with IM, had to cut off .5 of the top bracket from the IM. Maybe some of the guys at HO5G will have some insight.
installed 1.8T valve cover oil fill/CCV fitting and plumbe CV's down and under chassis.

Yesterday;
FSD's at all 4 corners
new Moog VR6 front coils from Rock Auto (P#81136)
New Sway bar bushings
New drivers side steering knuckle and bearing (original was tweeked, that set of pads has always worn much faster then passenger side, and continually had to free up caliper sliding pin, eventually holes in knuckle stripped)
new calipe carrier on drivers side rear, last weeks brake job found pins bent and caliper sticking in short order.

The FSD's are fantastic, definetly live up to their price tag and feedback from other owners. Addition of the Moog coils has helped immensly, and at less then $50 shipped price to benefit ratio is fantastic, excellent value there. Almost went with the Shines at 250lb spring rate (guessing the Moogs are 170lbish) and glad I didn't. Any stiffer and ride would have tipped towards uncomfortable, at least IMHO. Original coils (195K on them)were 2 pink 1 green, my screen door closer has more fight in it then these. Suprisingly enough car still feels well balanced with original rear coils. Regardless new coils for the rear are in store soon.

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
I think I ordered my H&R OE Sport Springs from TireRack ($210 shipped) and later that day read about the Moog coils.

But I have to say, I just did a trip up to Boston from Washington, DC including right through NYC and with Bilstein HDs plus the above springs I absolutely flew right along with no problems with potholes and great control. Perfect street combo. FAR better control braking and accelerating over stock. Same ride height, near as I can tell - the specs says 0.5" max lowering on the springs, but honestly it might be 1/4" at most after things settle in.

What does "FSD" stand for again?

Nice to know there's great options out there.

thevwkid53

Veteran Member
TDI
DAS SOOT
New OEM Euro Bumper
New OEM Rub Strip
New Votex Front Lower Lip
New Votex Rear Lower Lip
Painted OEM Stubby Mirrors
New OEM 20th Side Skirts

Last edited: