What did you do to your car today?

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Last edited:

fuzzybandito

TDI
2011 jsw 6mt
Enjoyed my sunday afternoon with a dieselgeek install-fest.

Installed my panzer plate and sigma 6 shifter. I probably should have done the shifter first cuz I dropped a wrench tightening everything back up. Doh!

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
Finally got around to installing my Recaro front seats. From a 2002 GTI, eBay buy some four months ago which I had recovered in Majilite Novasuede. In so doing the swap found out the harness plugs are different! Lots of cutting and soldering.
Also had to argue with the plastic trim pieces which were not slipped up into the seat cushion frame...that was a pain in the arse and stole much of my time.
Upon boot up of the electrical system and ECU... no errors, no codes, and a wonderful new feel to the seating. Worth the wait and the time involved but not for the weak of heart!

agxster

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 1.9 TDi DSG (Mk.V) 2008 - RIP
agxster, thanks for reminding me to replace my burnt out license plate light! An excuse to do something to my car today! Replaced both lights because even the working one was heavily blackened inside.

Glad to be of help! :D

With all of the speed and other traffic offence cameras we have here I'd love to run with your partly burnt out bulbs.

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.
Today changed the oil and oil filter
Changed brake fluid
Installed the Montreal II wheels and new Michelins
Was a good day for the car.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Well seeing as I'm waiting on getting a new steering rack for my car I decided to try and sort out my dads renault, I really don't like renaults, they're awful things.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Finally got around to installing my Recaro front seats. From a 2002 GTI, eBay buy some four months ago which I had recovered in Majilite Novasuede. In so doing the swap found out the harness plugs are different! Lots of cutting and soldering.
Also had to argue with the plastic trim pieces which were not slipped up into the seat cushion frame...that was a pain in the arse and stole much of my time.
Upon boot up of the electrical system and ECU... no errors, no codes, and a wonderful new feel to the seating. Worth the wait and the time involved but not for the weak of heart!
Wow, those seats sound great! I really wanna drool over them at the next GTG :D (promise not to drool ON them)

kbrenny

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta wagon TDI
I did the heated seat switch mod. Very easy and only took 25 minutes total for both switches.

shagin'wagen

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora
'02 Cummins: Oil and filter change + fuel filter change.

Jetta: Fuel filter change, and put new summer tires on the alloy rims and balanced em. Going to put em on the car tomorrow.

korndawg

Vendor
TDI
Currently Searching
I installed a set of E code headlights! They are great, has to be at least 4x the light. I also disabled the DRL. Didn't want my new headlights to eat bulbs!=)

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
Those should be great tires! I was very close to getting them but opted for the Conti DWS Extremes instead.
I also wanted the DWS. But somebody on the MB forum was having some vibration issues and after spending lots of $$ he found that the problem was his brand new set of conti's but I don't think they where DWS.

Last edited:

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Got rid of my steering wheel shake that killed me from Ohio to LA. It was warped rotors, so at least the TT LCA's weren't at fault. I guess the car didn't like not being driven for 6 months.

New Brembo Rotors and Mintex Dustalot pads.

Sad that the other setup only lasted 15k miles.

CWyler

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
New tires,etc.

Replaced my old Bridgestone Potenzas with another set. Probably won't get 110K miles like the last set but we'll see.

Next I adjusted my emergency brake cables. They had gotten so loose that they slipped out of the bracket.

Next I fixed my door switch using the alternative method. Now works great!

Diana A.

TDI
White Jetta '05
Well, i havent done anything to mine just yet. Im wanting to paint the grill black. Any recommendations how to go about it??

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
Installed a set of Nokian eNTYRE 225 45 17, nice quiet and roll really well. I'll see if there is an impact on fuel usage.
So how is the mileage lately with these tires? I am expecting that the tires are broken in by this time (from October 2010 time frame).

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Oil and filter change, tire rotation.

M1 ESP 5w30 out, Red Line 0w40 in. I had suspected my tire pressure was low due to my lower than normal MPG for conditions, they were at 30 PSI :eek: pumped them up to 40 PSI.

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
I'll be putting Red Line 0w40 in mine next week Bob. I'll definitely do an analysis, (I know, only after the right interval and I've drained/replaced with more Red Line) so we'll have a little extra data.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
I'll be putting Red Line 0w40 in mine next week Bob. I'll definitely do an analysis, (I know, only after the right interval and I've drained/replaced with more Red Line) so we'll have a little extra data.
I thought you were doing Mobil 1 0w40?

VDUBS

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS PD
Audi Avant rear wiper, Audi S3 shifter leather shifter, and smoked markers/turns.

Need to figure out with springs I want to go with the Bilstein Sports.

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)

...and the rear bumper too. Haven't routed my exhaust on the Passenger side of the car yet.

Now all I need are some grille covers!

Frequent Flyer

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 6m "The White Knight"
Just got my car back from AlphaSeinor. Had a Six-Speed swap performed and installed a new SouthBend stage 3 Clutch kit with single mass flywheel, and threw in a Sigma-6 short shift kit. I LOVE IT!!!! I can cruise I-30 back and forth at my usual 80mph, but now at 2200 rpms instead of 3000.

AlphaSeinor did a fantastic job and at a great price, too.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Getting my windshield replaced today.

Some punk kid in my apartment complex decided to lob something onto my windshield.

Thankfully insurance will cover it (with the exception of my $100 deductible).

Thankfully again, is that I just got my $100 bonus from helping with our inventory at work.

It's like the $100 was never meant to be mine.