What did you do to your car today?

03PlatinumTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Diesel Free after 14 years
Checked my fans today and surprisingly they still work on a 6 yr old car. The passenger fan is squeaking pretty good though. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do about that? Should I attempt to lubricate it?

Thanks,
Pete

Greaseburger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta,2011 Tdi sportwgon
Well since I haven't posted anything that I have done to my new ( to me:)) Jetta since i got it here goes, in the last few weeks I did a 100k timing belt kit w/ water pump Thank you Jon:) new battery and starter, Mp3 cd player, new lower valance and cover, installed zerostart,evry Mod, set timing and Iq just in the last few weeks.

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
Installed (last weekend) the TDIParts.com 'dog-bone' transmission mount. It definitely removed the "midget with a hammer" noise coming from the tranny.

Thumbs up!!!

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter, all from TDI Parts. Nearing 40K and running great with RC tune. Checking the cam within the next 5K, if it's a problem will probably put in a 16 valve engine, if not probably run what I have for 100K before doing mods.

HyperDrive

TDI
2009 Jetta
Had the dealer install the Volk-L in my new 2009 Jetta TDI last week. Works great!

Today, I received the under the seat drawers from OEMPL.US and installed them myself. Piece of Cake! Perfect for storage of my Garmin and its power cord and vent mount. In fact, I was so pleased that I went ahead and ordered the Dash-Cubby (mini-glove box) as well.

Also installed another grocery bag hook in the trunk.

Shawnz

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS TDI, ex-O1M
I replaced a Bosche Grp 48 battery with a Real-Deal 94R from the dealer.

I managed to knock the battery hold down plate down into the front some dang place. $25 or so from the dealer if I can't fish it out. bleh!

SpacemanTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
No TDI for me :(
Put on my summer wheels & tires, pulled the fender liners off and removed a year or two of gunk from behind them!

Getriebe Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf
Fixed my sunroof leaks

I fixed my sunroof drain issues on my 01 Golf:

Here's how to clean sunroof drain drains:

Here's how I did it. Maybe somebody already posted this but if not hope it helps. I was not having any luck getting the string trimmer line through the drains it was too flexy.

I used copper wire with plastic jacket out of a 14ga piece of home wiring scrap. If the nipple comes off the end of the drain tube it's a ***** to get it back on because the tube is too short to pull out the hole in the sheet metal but here's how I did it.

Thread the copper wire from the top until there is enough to stick out the hole in the door sheet metal. Then wet the nipple where the tube goes in. Then thread the nipple onto the copper wire. Tie off the copper wire up top in the sunroof. Then push the nipple up the wire while pulling the wire and you will hear and feel the tube make a solid connection into the nipple. Then pour water down the drain from the sunroof and test that it comes out the nipple. Then push the grommet back into the sheet metal and you are done.

philokie

TDI
1998 New Beetle, Red/Black 2002 Jetta GLS TDI, Black/Black, 2017 Audi A4 S line, 77 Corvette
New Brakes all around

Installed New Brembo Rotors and Pagid Pads all around. Original brakes lasted 144,000 miles and hopefully these will also.

tommyt

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 white Jetta TDI 5 spd M, 9
Rear ABS sensors

Replaced both rear ABS sensors on the red '99.5. Awful job to bang the old ones out and clean up the hole. But, all is well and at last the ABS and flashing brake warning is gone!

sullyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Cooking with Greasy now...

Well after a long awaited short time ....

Had a mini GTG at DonD144's, when I got there, Don was working on a Jetta, and I started my timing belt, couple others showed up, and pitched in on the Jetta and on mine and we had a great time. and Installed new timing belt, rollers etc, replaced all vacume lines, and also cleaned an nasty intake and disabled the egr and removed the cooler.

only took use from 8:30am to 11:00pm to get it all done, reinstalled, tested, timed.

Got to get a MAF Sensor it is bad, and afterward it'll be runing like new.

Thanks everyone & DanG144 for all the help!:cool:

Sorry, I am awful at remembering names, guys, PM me your club name so I can remember them that way....

Last edited:

Shawnz

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS TDI, ex-O1M
I bought and replaced the battery hold down that I lost in the front end someplace while swapping out the battery.

I bought a new one from the dealer and it was twice the size of the original part. I ended up cutting half of it off to make it look like the original piece and it all went together nice after that.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Lined up to a blacked out two door 1.8T today on the highway up hill. Tried everything I could to get him to play but he didn't want anything to do with the diesel. Took off real hard uphill and he just let me go. Lined up next to him a little later on the flats and tried to get him to play but agan nothing. So I just showed him a nice 60-100, the way built TDI's do it!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I dropped IBW off for a complete detailing. I don't think there's a ton they can do with the sandblasting on the nose of the car after 7 New England winters, but I'm excited to have a cleaner interior. New front rotors and we'll be ready to head to Jax on Thursday.

Last edited:

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
GLI Brake Upgrade

Didn't do Jack $hit myself ..... but Justin and Matt they did a lot.......

Last edited:

KROUT

persona non grata
I reduced my parts car to this and wheeled it out the door

did the same to my bug parts car. they are booth siting outside I hope the junk man gets them monday.