What did you do to your car today?

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
I installed my Alligator chips (thanks again Redrotors)! Then burned 1/4 tank and 50k worth of tread depth in a half hour :D :D :D

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
I installed my Euroswitch two days ago, and today did the DRL mod to them. I bent the tab. Love it:)

Eric B

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
Finally did a mufflerectomy yesterday. 5" stainless turndown ( frickin' huuge !! ) Gonna have to check the pipe for wildlife before firing up in the am ...

WesM951

TDI
'03 Jetta TDI *hopefully*
Drove to work, bought Hella Red/Clear Taillights, ECS Clear Sidemarkers and OEM Rubber floormats. Proceeded to search the web for someone to have the Hella E-codes in stock. Gave up. Anxiously awaiting 6pm to drive car.

PeeWee

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon, 97 Passat Sedan
Drove it. Yesterday the winters came off and the summers went on. Cleaned the wheels before the installation so now the wheels sparkle and the car is dirty. :rolleyes:

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
Took out the Van Aaken Smartbox, now for sale, and added upsolute chip in its place. Woohoo, how the hell I never got stopped I'll never know, better than Aakens.

unL33T

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS TDI
I replaced my driver and passenger side latch sensors last week and tonight get to try the passenger again because now it always thinks the door is open instead of always thinking it is closed (but it worked fine last Thursday after I replaced it...).

Oh last week also took off my winter tires/rims and put the all seasons on. But I hear it's going to snow again the weekend :(

thermographer

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 2004 Wheat/Beige with Automatic Tiptronic, ESP
Car has been sitting in a parking lot (outside) for 14 days. Tomorrow morning, I'll unlock the doors, get in, seatbelt, turn on engine, pump brakes a few times, adjust the radio, and put it in gear. I'll go easy for the first 15 minutes, starting a 550 mile drive back to the house. About 3 miles, I'll stop through a drive through for Micky D's cup of joe, 144 miles top off with BP premier diesel, and wind up back at the house about 8pm.

My birthday is in April, and the wife already asked? What does your car want for it's birthday.:D

bareass

Veteran Member
TDI
`02 Jetta 74K
i paid 35 bucks for some guy to stall my car and say "nope no smoke coming out of here."
then i cried a little inside while i looked at all the dirt on the car and street in front of my house :(

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
I delivered a VR6/G60 clutch kit and flywheel to the shop that will have it back together on Monday. (Thanks to dieselgeek and FedEx for quick service, the parts ordered last Monday night, arrived Friday afternoon by cheapest ground delivery.)

WDM

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Mk IV Wagon/2005/Reflex Silver
Did a wash, clay bar, wash, wax and full detail.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Put the newly tuned ECUs back in the Passat and the '97 A3 and test drove them. Put a new N75 in the Jetta Wagon and did some WOT runs to make sure it was working.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Where's bhtoofer in this thread? :confused: He just lost his 5th gear according to reports I heard! :eek:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Put PP357s in the Jetta wagon and Sprint 520s in the '97 Jetta. Cleared codes.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Pop-riveted my cat outlet pipe to the pipe before the pipe to the mid muffler. Duck tape is for Red Green and those up nort, eh? My favorite handy-man's secret weapon is blind rivets.
I may just do the entire system that way and remove the 10 (!) U shaped clamps I still have holding my TDI and GLX and couplers exhaust parts together.:(

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
did a temporary install of my new Phatbox until I find a more pemanant solution.