What did you do to your car today?

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
I ordered a Blackstone kit to have my oil sample analyzed. I'm excited! Being a chemist tho, I could probably just analyze this myself, but what fun is that!!

UFO

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle
Did the ventectomy on the Beetle during my lunch hour. 10 minutes and a screwdriver, no parts down the filler!

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Bob_Fout said:
Did you feel a difference?
yes

TDikook said:
There are some drivability issues, i.e. some stumbling at partial throttle requests around 2krpm. This is to be expected though. Powerwise, it is a bit more violent than before but I really think I need some maps adjusted before it's fully utilized in my car. I think I caught up to Robert now judging on how nasty it lights em up in 2nd, still gotta toss a cam in there this spring.

The good news is that I have enough fueling for my daily driver forever :D

Video Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIUGbIQmw8U

Last edited:

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 Jetta (sold, such a great car) '16 Touareg
I haven't done anything in quite a while.....Just drive it and fuel it. Kinda nice to leave well enough alone.

I'm in the final stages of putting a diesel engine into a Toyota 4runner, so my attention has been there. I removed the injectors from said 4runner to be pop tested today. I spoke with the technician and he claims that one should run an additive every tank. So I did, and much to my surprise, I noticed a difference in the car. So...everyone.....1 oz of additive per tank!

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
Farfromovin said:
yes

There are some drivability issues, i.e. some stumbling at partial throttle requests around 2krpm. This is to be expected though. Powerwise, it is a bit more violent than before but I really think I need some maps adjusted before it's fully utilized in my car. I think I caught up to Robert now judging on how nasty it lights em up in 2nd, still gotta toss a cam in there this spring.

The good news is that I have enough fueling for my daily driver forever :D

Video Link:
Sounds good Phil, looks FAST. Smoke could be worse.

Shoot some clips like that once you get your Aero resonator on there too please.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Farfromovin said:
Swapped some into my injectors yesterday with VWMikel's help.

Congrads ...Loved the video.... Your car kicks ass !!! Does not even smoke much at all... less than my RC5 Jetta... Does this video include the remap with the R783 nozzles?

Gonna be fun at TDI Fest...

BTW a great scenery to be pushing her in

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
No remap yet. That's the smoke after my italian style tuneup. It's waaay too much for me. Not good for EGT's, oil quality, VNT vanes. I can only smother prius's soo much before even I feel bad LOL.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Remap should make most of that go away I imagine. Show another clip post remap.

Farfromovin said:
No remap yet. That's the smoke after my italian style tuneup. It's waaay too much for me. Not good for EGT's, oil quality, VNT vanes. I can only smother prius's soo much before even I feel bad LOL.

Frequent Flyer

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 6m "The White Knight"
Lights...

Went to replace my back up lights, due to their non-functioning; and now my right taillight assembly doesnt work.

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI, 09' JSW TDI, 09' BMW 335d
Installed Eibach Prokit VR6 springs, along with front and rear alignment kit. Car rides normal again, time for another alignment.:D

FlyTDI04

TDI
04 Jetta
mufflerectomy complete only smashed a finger then cut the same one...not a good day unless your bleed!

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
Changed my oil, air filter and cabin filter.
Then change a friends oil Fuel filter air filter and Cabin filter. Then inspected why she was getting a MIL. seems the dealership Retard monkeys cut and splice Glow plug harnesses in and not where they need to be replaced. Incredible...

firecrow

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Passat Wagon TDI
I ordered an Evolution Imports skid plate last night. Looking forward to the peace of mind that thing gives you. I already had to replace the oil pan once, and it wasn't cheap.

mech644

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf, '14 Touareg
Reduced the new parts/mod pile by half over last 2 nights:
installed new DC clutch kit
r/r trans oil
rear main seal
Density line dogbone
all 4 tie rod ends
both ball joints
sway bar bushings and end links
engine oil and filter
also tried to install my new to me Eurojet SMIC (thanks again Farfromovin) but being the DA that I am I neglected to research MAP sensor mounting boss differences in IC. So it goes back in the pile, probably will install it along with PD150 intake and TIP when I do the TB in a couple of weeks.