What did you do to your Audi TDI today?

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Did my first service; oil, air filter, fuel filter, cabin air... Dang that fuel filter panel is annoying to take down. 54,500 miles.

RexNICO

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Tiguan, 2011 Q7
Did my first service; oil, air filter, fuel filter, cabin air... Dang that fuel filter panel is annoying to take down. 54,500 miles.
I'm guessing that means the A6 fuel filter is under the car, not in the engine bay?

Any special steps to make sure the filter gets filled?

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
I'm guessing that means the A6 fuel filter is under the car, not in the engine bay?

Yes - under the passenger side. Car is pretty well covered front to rear with panels and multiple have to be removed to get one out. VCDS to prime for me.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI

Yes, under about where the front passenger seat is. Lots of 10mm plastic nuts that hold the aero plate on. As for swapping the filter it was just R&R the fuel lines. Wasn't too bad.
I didn't use VCDS to prime, I just keyed on and off twice, fired right up.

RexNICO

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Tiguan, 2011 Q7
Replaced head light HID bulbs. Fairly easy, but of course the passenger side connector was less cooperative than the drivers side. And that was the bulb throwing the error.
I would say, Audi greatly improved the serviceability I this area.
Of course having the error go away and it not returning was a nice benefit.

RexNICO

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Tiguan, 2011 Q7
(Over the weekend) - finally got the wipers working again on our silver Q7, a combination of shipping delays, priorities and the car was still drive-able when it wasn't raining/going to rain.
Thanks

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Mods could this be a sticky for this forum??

I called Audi to inquire about transmission service & a FF change. Got an automated email saying my appointment had been canceled before the service coordinator’s email explaining why lol seems the one service record I didn’t have had the FF change at 82k km.

New to Audi & the Quattro drive system I find that the tranny feels like it slips a bit when you 1st start the car and go from P - D or from a stop, once it’s warmed up there is no hesitation off the line. That’s why I had asked for a transmission service to which I was told it’s “lifetime fluid”. Any insights?

Last edited:

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Mods could this be a sticky for this forum??

Inc alled Audi to inquire about transmission service & a FF change. Got an automated email saying my appointment had been canceled before the service coordinator’s email explaining why lol seems the one service record I didn’t have had the FF change at 82k km.

New to Audi & the Quattro drive system I find that the tranny feels like it slips a bit when you 1st start the car and go from P - D or from a stop, once it’s warmed up there is no hesitation off the line. That’s why I had asked for a transmission service to which I was told it’s “lifetime fluid”. Any insights?
It's absolutely NOT lifetime fluid right from the manufacturer of that transmission. I think ZF says 70k? Maybe 50K. The other vehicles that use the same trans have a change interval listed. The shift logic is a little wonky (due to emissions flash I'm told). A TCU tune would correct - I drive in manual most of the time and it is much better. Not perfect in 1st, but better.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
Waiting on a new DPF and post-cat from VW currently. They ended up changing all sensors associated with the emissions but the prior parts are on back order. Can runs well but had a code pop up and got it all covered under the DG warranty.

Fixed the passenger side AC drip, added a quart of oil, and swapped out cabin filter today.

I am ready for the roasting here:

Purchased a Kerma tune - I won’t install it until the new DPF arrives. Super stoked tho.

I was curious and had a muffler shop remove the rear suitcase muffler and still keep the tips. I also did the childish mod of cutting a 4”x4” hole into the side of the Airbox and a matching hole in the wheel well so it draws the air from there directly.

Both out of curiosity and the Touareg is doing just fine and is actually a lot more fun to drive. Roast away but both were done because “why not curiosity” lol