What are you guys paying for your 2012 Passat

Niner

duplicate account, banned
I'm in Raleigh also. The local dealers said there was no chance for a tdi manual so I went to cars.com. Took a couple of weeks but I found the exact car in Minneapolis, made the deal, flew up and drove it home. Great car and had a good drive to get to know it. Don't limit your search to just the triangle........
That's sage advice if you want a 6 Man. Price negotiated before dealer fees and taxes?

FormerOwner

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6spd; Former Owner 02 MkIV wagon
I just ordered an SE 6 speed TDI Passat... dealer quote is $25,900 + Tax, tag, title... I think I did ok.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Since when do they tell you what brand of tires your new car will come with? :confused:

Niner

Since when do they tell you what brand of tires your new car will come with? :confused:
When they call you to pick it up... he should at least know what kind of rims it comes with, as well as color and trim. Who knows? He might end up with no Climatronic too and with a 2013?

FormerOwner

Veteran Member
TDI
The exterior color is reflex silver. I wanted a light color and the last 3 cars I have owned have been silver. I like it b/c it doesn't show dirt and / or scratches too bad. The interior color is black. I intend to have 35% tint installed; the interior color won't matter to me. I didn't opt for the larger tires. I assume that the tires it arrives with will be Continental or Kuhmo. I could care less. When they wear out, I'll revert back to an old trusted amigo: The Michelin Man.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
When they call you to pick it up... he should at least know what kind of rims it comes with, as well as color and trim. Who knows? He might end up with no Climatronic too and with a 2013?
Didn't he just place the order? Sounds like it's several months before they call him to pick it up...

FormerOwner

Veteran Member
TDI
I won't worry too much... 45 days is easy... I'm on vacation...

OH BY THE WAY... OUR PASSAT TDI IS A 2013 MODEL...!

Last edited:

broadspring

TDI
2012 Vw passat tdi
I ordered 3 months ago and just picked up fri. night 6/1/2012 2012 passat se manual, black w/ black interior. Paid 25,665 + 249 dealer processing fees before tax tags title.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Cool! Time to update your details, as the 96 Passat is your only vehicle listed. Add another local Passat TDI club member to the list! :cool:

TDI
2001 BMW e46 m3 and 2012 Passat TDI 6mt
I picked up a second hand passat tdi se manual with monster mats for $23,500.
Paint is perfect
Interior is perfect
Car had 7600 miles when I bought it 2 days ago. It has 8100+ now on the same tank of fuel. :)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I think that's the first used Passat we've come across on the forums. Wonder why the original owner got rid of it.

Is the 7500 miles worth the $2000 savings?

Niner

I picked up a second hand passat tdi se manual with monster mats for $23,500.
Paint is perfect
Interior is perfect
Car had 7600 miles when I bought it 2 days ago. It has 8100+ now on the same tank of fuel. :)
Paid $24,900 for mine, 17 miles on it. $1400 more for 7600 miles, plus knowing no one else except me has touched anything on it = priceless. I'd always wonder if I bought someone elses problem, with it being that new.

StLouisMO

TDI
2012 Passat SEL
Paid $31,500 out the door. I sent an e-mail to the three local VW dealers telling each of them that I'm e-mailing all three dealers and whomever has the best price can have my business within 24 hours.

One dealer didn't respond; one dealer responded with: "better hurry and buy this one...getting calls from all over....these cars are flying off the lot" (he never once mentioned discounting his pricing); and the third dealer quoted me $31,500 out the door. I was up there the next day to buy it.

First time owning a VW, third diesel that I've owned. Loving the gas mileage. According to my Iphone Gas Cubby app, I'm averaging 43.1 mpg after 13 fill ups.

2004PlatinumTDiSport

TDI
Sold 2004 Jetta TDI Sport, hello 2012 VW Passat TDI Comfortline Sport DSG!
I'm getting my baby Monday..2012 Passat TDI Comfortline sport edition Tungsten silver/Titan black leatherette for $1k under MSRP and the dealer only charged PDI and freight and a couple other things that were necessary (AC tax, etc etc). They waived admin fees, and a bunch of other BS fees.

I think I did pretty good considering I emailed 8 dealers, and these guys came up the best..

Guelph VW in Ontario Canada. Very pleased with the service and price.

I'm going to miss my 2004 VW TDI Sport in Platinum.. but I think I'll get over it quick with the Passat :)

Niner

Mid February, 2012 Passat TDI SE 6 Man, Candy white, with black interior and after the fact mats, $24,900 in San Diego, CA, Kearny Mesa Volkswagen. MSRP was $26,765.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
If any of you are in the market for a 2012, Chris @ Langhorne is clearing off the lot - $100 under dealer invoice!

See this thread for details... http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=354281

This is probably one of the better deals you'll come across until this time next year, with an excellent buying experience. Don't pass this up if you're considering a new Passat (or other TDI).

big_ole_truck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Passat TDI SEL
Not sure how this compares but my 2012 Passat TDI SE was sold to me for $27707 + TTL. Don't know why the odd $7 was in the figure. Must be something related to the dealer's real cost (not invoice).

matt21484

TDI
NONE
I'm strongly considering a '12 Passat TDI w/ the DSG and sunroof to replace my aging '01 Lexus GS300. It's a tad out of my price range assuming a ~4% APR on a 60 month loan. Has anyone here been able to get VW to finance at their promo rate of .9 or 1.9%?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Depends entirely on your credit, but those rates are available.

matt21484

TDI
NONE
Is it truly possible to get 1.9 even when VW's site lists the TDi as excluded?
That's precisely why I'm asking. All of their online ads specifically state "Excludes TDI", which I'm assuming is b/c they sell so well on their own.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Did you guys miss this thread? June deals at VW of Langhorne

Sorry - just realized he doesn't specify 1.9% on the Passats. You can get that rate through credit unions, though.

Last edited: