What are you guys paying for your 2012 Passat

Niner

duplicate account, banned
I am hoping I got V2squared a hell of a deal on a Passat TDI SE. At least the major ground work, search, find, negotiating price, etc is done. The rest is up to him to make it happen.

Misosomi

TDI
None for now
Whats up, I am new and looking for a Night Blue TDI SE for about 2 months. I live in Delaware and contacted pretty much every dealership around for numbers. Highest offers are from dealership that dont have the car.

I got couple of offers, one (the car is no longer on the lot)

27,000 car w/ spoiler and mats
200 doc 180 Tags and we could not agree on interest rate when we got there 4.9%, eventually drop to 2.49 but we said 1.9 or no deal and no car.

Second interesting is MA where I will be next week.

Conservatively Equipped
2012 Volkswagen Passat
(2.0L TDI SE w/Sunroof 6-Speed Automatic 4dr Front-wheel Drive Sedan)
Model #A3237M
MSRP: $28,665
Commonwealth Volkswagen's Price: $26,971
Your Final Price: $26,971*

Included Packages and Options
Comfortably Equipped
2012 Volkswagen Passat
(2.5L SEL w/PZEV 6-Speed Automatic 4dr Front-wheel Drive Sedan)
Model #A326Z6
MSRP: $29,435
Commonwealth Volkswagen's Price: $27,645
Your Final Price: $27,645*

BKM - Passat Mat Kit
Special financing is available from the Manufacturer for all 2012 Volkswagen Passat customers with approved credit (available through 05/31/2012). 1.9% for 36 months, 1.9% for 48 months, 1.9% for 60 months, 3.9% for 72 months.
Generously Equipped
2012 Volkswagen Passat
(2.0L TDI SE w/Sunroof/Nav 6-Speed Automatic 4dr Front-wheel Drive Sedan)
Model #A3257M
MSRP: $30,500
Commonwealth Volkswagen's Price: $28,656
Your Final Price: $28,656*

BKM - Passat Mat Kit
*Your price quote is valid for 7 days and does not include Dealer Installed Accessories, Tax, License, or Doc Fees. We reserve the right to modify this quote to correct arithmetic errors. Incentive and pricing programs are subject to change by the Manufacturer without notice. We will notify you promptly if any incentive or pricing programs or other terms change.
Pre-Owned Vehicles Call: 978-687-3000
As a courtesy, I want to inform you of the following pre-owned vehicles that could lower your cost of ownership or get you into a vehicle with more options.

Last edited:

Lawless_TDI

TDI
2004 Jetta, 2012 Passat SEL
SoCal. Picked up a DSG SEL with nav, fender, mat kit, rear lip spoiler and first aid kit for $33,300. Got 300 off sticker. I actually had a dealer supplier discount certificate, which gives me 500 off invoice. They wouldn't entertain it with the TDI. They're too hot right now.

firedwg1

Veteran Member
TDI
10 GSW, 12 Pass SEL, Tesla MS
SoCal. Picked up a DSG SEL with nav, fender, mat kit, rear lip spoiler and first aid kit for $33,300. Got 300 off sticker. I actually had a dealer supplier discount certificate, which gives me 500 off invoice. They wouldn't entertain it with the TDI. They're too hot right now.
congrats on the new passat, at them moment they are hard to come by. In the next few months there will be more of them on the road. which dealer did you purchase your car from? and I am glad to hear you did not pay over sticker. Some dealers were asking for 3k over MSRB.

Lawless_TDI

TDI
2004 Jetta, 2012 Passat SEL
congrats on the new passat, at them moment they are hard to come by. In the next few months there will be more of them on the road. which dealer did you purchase your car from? and I am glad to hear you did not pay over sticker. Some dealers were asking for 3k over MSRB.
Thanks! And yes they are hard to come by, especially in California with the color combo I got (Silver with Grey). I got mine at Murrieta VW. The dealer was claiming they were asking 2500 above MSRP, but I didn't see that on the car. But I'm sure they could of got it. The day I picked mine up, they had 2 other people waiting to see if we were going to buy it.

mrfly19

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Got my 2012 Passat TDI DSG SEL premium black on black loaded with lip spoiler, monster mats, cargo mat, and first aid kit from Cherryhill VW in NJ for 30,500. In stock I guess I got lucky

Niner

Nuts. $35k for a SEL. That's entry-level BMW/Merc territory.
$24,900 for a 6 man TDI SE. Entry level passat. Your point? :D I believe V2squared may have gotten one last week for around the same price.

Edit: got off the phone with him, low $25,000 was what he paid. $25100. In the color and interior he wanted, in stock.... Lucky for him. Chapman VW, Tucson, AZ, where I found it for him, price negotiated over the phone by me on his behalf. They are out there... you need to be smart on the internet and resourceful to find and buy them.

Last edited:

mountain-valleymotors

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I saw a Night Blue SE with Manual Transmision and no spoiler sell today at Manheim PA. It had 5,000 miles on it and was in perfect condition. Bid price was $25,000 plus a couple hundred in auction fees. That was a dealer buying it for that price. I think I would just go order me a new one and wait a couple months.

Claym

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE dsg with sunroof no nav
I bought a black TDI se with sunroof, no nav, for 27000 from Kelly VW in Scranton, PA.

Niner

I bought a black TDI se with sunroof, no nav, for 27000 from Kelly VW in Scranton, PA.
That MSRP's for what, $28,865, or there abouts? Sounds like you did great on pricing for yourself.

Claym

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE dsg with sunroof no nav
That MSRP's for what, $28,865, or there abouts? Sounds like you did great on pricing for yourself.
Yeah, I was impressed with the dealership. They really didn't play any games and, i was in and out fairly quickly. A solid experience in my book.

tdiclubfan

TDI
Shopping for one
They're too hot right now.
They can't keep the TDI on the lot for long. All the dealers I searched usually have just 1 in inventory at the beginning of the week and it'll be gone by the end of the week at the latest.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
My sister is looking for a 2012 Passat TDI in the Bradenton/Sarasota area. Anyone know of anything near there?

Niner

They can't keep the TDI on the lot for long. All the dealers I searched usually have just 1 in inventory at the beginning of the week and it'll be gone by the end of the week at the latest.
The dealerships I search for are in larger cities and usually will have 3 to 5 TDI Passats in stock at some point in time during the month.

tdigorilla

TDI
'12 TDI SE DSG (Black/Beige)
I got a quote on a TDI SE automatic DSG for $26,500 plus TT. Is this a good price, I think so.

Last edited:

tdigorilla

TDI
'12 TDI SE DSG (Black/Beige)
Yes, it is a great price, jump on it.
:)

MSRP $28,665
Dealer quote to me $26,637
With PA taxes and tags, he said the out the door cost will be $28,449.
I arranged to test drive on Friday and if all goes well buy it then.

Is there anything else I should be aware of from a VW dealership perspective? I don't plan on getting any add-on warranties.

It has a moonrock stone interior color. I was looking for beige but this will likely be more than fine as I did not want black interior.

Niner

:)
MSRP $28,665
Dealer quote to me $26,637
With PA taxes and tags, he said the out the door cost will be $28,449.
I arranged to test drive on Friday and if all goes well buy it then.
Is there anything else I should be aware of from a VW dealership perspective? I don't plan on getting any add-on warranties.
It has a moonrock stone interior color. I was looking for beige but this will likely be more than fine as I did not want black interior.
You are a fool to post what you find up on the internet, price wise, when these cars can be hard to find. Someone else can jump on your deal. Get your deposit in there now, to hold it down until friday. I'm not kidding when I say this.

Niner

Strange no one is looking for Memorial Weekend deals here in the USA?

LimonPani

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDi SE DSG
I would but my vehicle isn't in till next month sometime. Hoping some deals appear then by VW.

byrdman27615

TDI
2012Passat tdi se dsg and 2012 tdi se 6m
I'm in Raleigh also. The local dealers said there was no chance for a tdi manual so I went to cars.com. Took a couple of weeks but I found the exact car in Minneapolis, made the deal, flew up and drove it home. Great car and had a good drive to get to know it. Don't limit your search to just the triangle........