West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 5th, 2019

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Awesome - will the E car be in attendance then?
I'm thinking the Electric Boys (Lawson and Jason) are going old school this time and bringing the Benz. (The Benz is their last remaining ICE vehicle from what I can tell.) They need to reacquaint themselves with the joys of an internal combustion engine while giving the electrons a rest... ;) :p

ThatBruceGuy

TDI
2015 GSW DSG
Hello there, I moved to Michigan recently and would like to attend the GTG if you'll permit it.
Been lurking for a few months now and y'all have helped me greatly with miscellaneous BRM/MK5 issues.
Any recommendations on what food bring?

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
I have forego this trip to Kirk's. I wish I could make the time, as I really do enjoy this event.

I realize there are several who asked specifically if I could either pick up parts or perform some of my services while in Michigan. It is possible that one of the attendees who lives my direction will be carrying a set of injectors for one of The Growler Family cars and he might be persuaded to carry parts and pieces back my direction. I will have to seek his permission to do that.

Hopefully, I will make it next time.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I'm thinking the Electric Boys (Lawson and Jason) are going old school this time and bringing the Benz.
The Benz needs some suspension and tire replacements before I'd drive it to MI.

The tires on it now are from 2003 :eek:

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Hello there, I moved to Michigan recently and would like to attend the GTG if you'll permit it.
Been lurking for a few months now and y'all have helped me greatly with miscellaneous BRM/MK5 issues.
Any recommendations on what food bring?
it'll be great to have you attend Bruce!

Whatever food item you like, knowing we'll have a couple of different types of chili there as well as dogs on the grill. Something that will go with those I guess.

thanks,

Kirk

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
I have forego this trip to Kirk's. I wish I could make the time, as I really do enjoy this event.

I realize there are several who asked specifically if I could either pick up parts or perform some of my services while in Michigan. It is possible that one of the attendees who lives my direction will be carrying a set of injectors for one of The Growler Family cars and he might be persuaded to carry parts and pieces back my direction. I will have to seek his permission to do that.

Hopefully, I will make it next time.
I'm sorry to hear that Frank - you do realize that this will take you out of the running for "perfect attendance" then, right?

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI

That's okay, I sure didn't mind my test ride in the Tesla last year w/ Lawson!

JETaah

TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
I'm sorry to hear that Frank - you do realize that this will take you out of the running for "perfect attendance" then, right?
He already blew that with his ATV mishap. ;)

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I understand as my mom's 2003 Corolla still has the factory tires on it. She doesn't go out much, it only has about 44k on it. I drive it sometimes and lately in the wet have traction issues which you know firsthand from your now gone 2012 Passat's Hankook experience can be "exciting". Be getting new rubber for it soon...

Was just having a bit of fun with you/slim hope that you might do one last road trip with the Benz since it's your "last diesel standing" out of the many Lawson and you used to own.

Related to your Tesla: on a recent trip to Duluth I noticed a few Walmarts in Iowa have EV charging stations. That is a step in the right direction as one can shop while getting a charge. Don't know if these have Tesla compatible plugs but thought you'd like to be aware of same.

JETaah

TDI
Calling Peter!!!

Peter,
I placed an order. Can you bring with to the GTG?

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Peter,
I placed an order. Can you bring with to the GTG?
Did you put a note in the comments section for Peter to bring to GTG when you placed your order? This is what he posted earlier about that:

Sure. Place an order with a note for me to bring with and I will.
When I placed my order selected 'local pickup' so I would not have to pay for shipping and added "bring to Kirk's GTG" in the comments section.

Sure hope Peter sees this as it's Thursday - I imagine he hits the road for the GTG tomorrow morning! Might want to shoot him a PM about your delivery request pronto...

JETaah

TDI
hmmm...................................................................................................yup

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I got confused and thought this was on the 12th. Looks like we won’t be making it this year. :(

40K on the Tesla in 13 months, which is more miles per year than we put on the Passat. :eek:

Last edited:

ThatBruceGuy

TDI
2015 GSW DSG
it'll be great to have you attend Bruce!

Whatever food item you like, knowing we'll have a couple of different types of chili there as well as dogs on the grill. Something that will go with those I guess.

thanks,

Kirk
Thank you Kirk,
Please add me to the list of people who need services from KeyGuy
And depending on cost, an IMO delete as well.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Sadly, I got about 40 miles up the road and my 328D threw a CEL something About he Number 4 Injector.....so I took her home, happily I have an xtended Warranty ....But I do not want to chance the 600 mile drive......

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Sadly, I got about 40 miles up the road and my 328D threw a CEL something About he Number 4 Injector.....so I took her home, happily I have an xtended Warranty ....But I do not want to chance the 600 mile drive......

I can write that cel out. Hehe

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Hah, your 328D was so intimidated at the idea of being surrounded by all this VW TDI iron all weekend it threw a code.

:)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
It's a BMW. Codes are the only no-charge option. :D
Made it to Grand Rapids a little while ago. 884 miles. Car ran perfectly.

JETaah

TDI
Peter,
Hope you got the message from Kirk.
Can't make it today.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Got it. Left the stuff with him and will send UPS labels Monday so he can get it to you. Feel
Better!

JETaah

TDI
Got it. Left the stuff with him and will send UPS labels Monday so he can get it to you. Feel
Better!
Much obliged.

I have the Passat TDI trunk lid emblem to get to you.
PM as to where to send it.

Stinkyfingers

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Variant, '03, Made in Germany, silber, 486,000+ miles and still singing!
Well, another Kirk-a-thon that I had to miss. I’m getting close to 500,000 miles on my Jetta.You think I should do a timing belt or just see if the rust bug kills it first?
Kirk, my excuse is I’ve been riding a motorcycle around central Europe for 2 months. I mention it only so you don’t think I was busy ice fishing or gardening.
JohnD

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Thanks Kirk for a great gathering. Made it to Madison in 5 hours, not bad, considering it was raining all the way through Chicago and into Wisconsin. Seems it always is.

It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. And of course, all those MKIVs!

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
The growlers made it home on Sunday no problem. Smiles all around from the addition of RC2 on my Dads Beetle, and my Sons Golf.

now to figure out how to get into the Beetles dash and block off/disable that Immo LED>

Kirk, Thanks so much for hosting, its been great to be able to attend these regularly.