West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 5th, 2019

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 5th, 2019

Come enjoy the Fall Colors in West Michigan, while socializing and light wrenching on TDI's w/ good TDI folk!

Saturday, October 5th, 2019 - (7th Annual)
9am to 7pm

11877 Ritchie Ave NE, Cedar Springs, MI 49319

We will have a good outdoor fire going all day long, some form of chili in the pot, and some jalapeno swiss dogs on the grill.

Bring your own beverages, and if you'd like to bring a dish or snack to share, feel free.

General Housekeeping Note:

When you arrive, PLEASE make an attempt to park in my property first, and not out on the road, we will save parking along the road as a last resort, if the site fills up.

I have opened up the backyard, so we have a parking "annex" now too.

The South drive into my property will be the entrance, while the North drive will be designated as the exit.

No exit ramps or highway closings on US131 this year!

Thank-you,

Key/Keyfob guy WILL be in attendance -
Chris Tuttle (aka keyguy) will be at the GTG

He can :
- cut new key blades
- provide new keys to cut
- provide new keyfobs
- program keys and keyfobs to match your car for much less cost than dealership.

A list will be here of who may be interested in this service:
1) PakProtector - 2000 mk4 key
2) CRdouger - 12 & 13 Passat keys and keyfobs
3) gearhead61 - 3002 MK4 keyfob

4) Rattletrap00 - MK4 keyfob and key cut
5) Belmont Biker - 2001 MK4 key and keyfob
6) dieselnewbie - MK4 remote programmed (Lloyd)

TUNE NOTE: - Jeff Robertson from Rocketchips has committed to this date, so let the TUNE sign ups begin.

1) Growler - 2001 Golf = RC2?
2) Growler - 15 GSW = DSG Tune
3) dkmbmi - 2000 Jetta = RC2 +egr and immob delete (Dale)
4) Bob Alt - 2006 Jetta = RC2 +egr and immob delete
5) doughlass - 2014 JSW = RC2 (Doug)
6) Chris Popl - 2003 ALH RC2+egr and immob delete
7) Eric Popl- 2005 BEW RC2+egr and immob delete
8) Belmont Biker - 2001 ALH RC2+egr and immob delete (Jason)
9) brady rogers - (2) ALH tunes (Micah)
10) jolly1975 - MK4 ALH RC2+egr/immob delete (Jeremy J)

USED PARTS NOTE: I believe My granddaughters will be manning my stash of parts. - feel free to bring some of your own parts to sell/swap/trade. - Just plan on taking your own parts home with you that may not sell, please.

LODGING OPTIONS

http://www.americinn.com/hotels/mi/g...telCode=AAGRVL (about 12.5 miles east in Greenville)

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-c...t5=1&nchild5=0 (about 9 miles south back towards Grand Rapids)

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...-rapids-north/ (about 12.5 miles south back towards Grand Rapids)

Looking forward to it again,

Last edited:

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Thanks Kirk, will be there hopefully with my son who needs a key for his 00 Jetta. If he has a CC meet, I'll probably just take his car...:)
Thanks!
Douglas

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Awesome, So glad you are continuing this event!

My son and I will both be bringing Cars to the event :)

My son will want his 2001 Golf to get a tune and I would like my DSG Tune back, so please add Us there. :)

Have you heard from Frank, My son would also like a new set of injectors to go with his tune :)

crdouger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 & 06 jetta TDI's
Thanks Kirk. I hope to get a new key for my 12 & 13 Passats. I also have a 2006 TDI Jetta that I'm parting out in case anybody needs any parts. I could bring them to the GTG.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Now I know what I'll be doing on that date as I have to attend as always... :cool:

Stinkyfingers

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Variant, '03, Made in Germany, silber, 486,000+ miles and still singing!
Damn!
I'm going to miss it again! I'll be in Eastern Europe riding a motorcycle.
I guess it could be worse. I could be in the Alps.
JohnD

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Damn!
I'm going to miss it again! I'll be in Eastern Europe riding a motorcycle.
I guess it could be worse. I could be in the Alps.
JohnD
I'm sorry to hear that John, as we havn't seen you in years!

Kirk

InfoSec

Veteran Member
Kirk, I hope to make it this year. I moved back to the Brighton area mid July but I hope to make it over there! Take care.

Mike Bradford

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Hmmm... a little earlier this year eh? Less chance for sn** I guess. AFAIK, we'll be there, looking forward to it! Thanks Kirk!

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Dammit, coming home from the beach that day. ??. Would have liked to show off the Audi Q5.

Y’all enjoy. Bruce

p.s Eric has been Jonesing for a GTG. He may show up.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
I will be there. If Mark o'diesel is there, I have will someone to smoke a cigar with. >0 cough, cough!!

Last edited:
TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
I love the smell of Diesel and cigars in the morning...
I'll be bringing some too.

crdouger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 & 06 jetta TDI's
Kirk - I need to a key made for each of my Passats. Do I need to let they key guy know ahead of time?

Overrun

TDI
Current: 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL, Prior: 2004 Jetta GLS
Hi Kirk,

I am planning on attending. Would absolutely love to tune the new (to me) GSW, but I am almost certain there is no way of doing this that will not void the extended emissions warranty.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi Kirk,

I am planning on attending. Would absolutely love to tune the new (to me) GSW, but I am almost certain there is no way of doing this that will not void the extended emissions warranty.
Charlie,

You are correct, you cannot expect any warranty work with a tune in place.

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
Howdy,
On the 'wrenching' topic, I have a set of Cupra R axle bushings to install. The beast here seems to be removal of the originals. I would like to try this if a combination of confident assistant and proven tooling can be available.

The car is a 2000 Jetta. It is *NOT* suffering from the long-term exposure to MI winter roads.

Thanks!
Douglas

BelmontBiker

TDI
2001 Beetle
Hi Kirk, I will be there at some point, but would love to have the chip tune, and will need a couple keys & fobs. 2001 beetle. Thanks! Jason

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Howdy,
On the 'wrenching' topic, I have a set of Cupra R axle bushings to install. The beast here seems to be removal of the originals. I would like to try this if a combination of confident assistant and proven tooling can be available.

The car is a 2000 Jetta. It is *NOT* suffering from the long-term exposure to MI winter roads.

Thanks!
Douglas
Doug,

Feel free to install your bushings, there will be a lift and tools and knowledge available.

Kirk