West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 1st, 2016

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE

Come and enjoy the Fall Colors (although the colors won't quite be in yet due to moving this GTG up in schedule now) in West Michigan, while socializing and light wrenching on TDI's w/ good TDI folk!

Saturday, October 1st, 2016 - (4th Annual)
9am to 7pm

General Housekeeping Note:

When you arrive, PLEASE make an attempt to park in my property first, and not out on the road, we will save parking along the road as a last resort, if the site fills up.
I have opened up the back yard (removed a fence), so we have a parking "annex" now too.
The South drive into my property will be the entrance, while the North drive will be designated as the exit.
Thank-you,
Kirk

New Addition to the Fall GTG -

An informal informational discussion session regarding DIESELGATE with Q&A led by "VeeDubTDI" (Lawson) planned for approx. 1:30pm, or after lunch.

11877 Ritchie Ave NE, Cedar Springs, MI 49319

We will have a good outdoor fire going all day long, some white bean chicken chili in the pot, and some other light fixin's.

Bring your own beverages, and if you'd like to bring a dish or snack to share, feel free.

TUNE NOTE: - Jeff Robertson from Rocketchips has confirmed that he has this one on the calendar (sign up for your tunes)

1) Tim Williams 2002 ALH - RC2+ immob and egr delete
2) Devin Kerkstra 2000 ALH - exist RC3, bumping up
3) Jordan Ondersma 2000 ALH - exist RC2+, bumping up
4) Jim Modzeleski 2000 ALH - RC2+ immob and egr delete (x2)
5) Jeremy (barelyscrapingby) 2000 ALH - RC2+immob and egr delete

6) Kris Hartman (KAHTDI) ALH - RC2+immob and egr delete
7) Speed185187 ALH - RC5-ish custom tune (after IP swap day of GTG)
8) Matt (Whitewasp17) 01 ALH -
RC2+immob and egr delete
9) Jason (Compu85) 04 Toureg TDI - tuned
10) Darrell Dewind 99.5 ALH - RC2+immob and egr delete
11) Dylan Kroes 04 BEW - RC2 and egr delete
12) Tim Whetherbee (timstdi) 03 ALH - RC2+immob and egr delete
13) Tim Whetherbee (timstdi) 02 ALH - existing RC3 (bump up)
14) Josh Swan (JSwan) 04 BEW - RC1 or RC2 w/ immob and egr delete (automatic trans)
15) Doug Vanderwell (crdouger) 06 BRM - transfer existing tune to wifes different 06
16) Joe (unkept) 06 BRM DSG - RC1 with egr delete
17) T15redbaron 02 ALH - RC2+immob and egr delete
18) Ripster 2000 ALH - tune/check out?

USED PARTS NOTE: I believe Chris Thompson (username CTTDI) will be here (as he was the last 3 years) with used Mk4 parts galore for sale, so put your used parts shopping list together. He is also starting to part MK5 and MK6 cars as well.

LODGING OPTIONS

http://www.americinn.com/hotels/mi/greenville?TAHotelCode=AAGRVL (about 12.5 miles east in Greenville)

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-c...t5=1&nchild5=0 (about 9 miles south back towards Grand Rapids)

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...-rapids-north/ (about 12.5 miles south back towards Grand Rapids)

Looking forward to it again,

Kirk and Linda

Last edited:
TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Assuming my car(s) are running, :)eek: :p ) I'll be there too! Aww heck, even if they aren't...

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I plan to attend *but* there's a chance I won't make it as I have a commitment in October in Tennessee (non-VW/TDI event) that the date has not yet been set for. I know the organizer so will try to get them to avoid the Oct. 15 weekend so I can do both.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Jason and I will keep this on the calendar, although I have no idea if we'll be able to attend this year or not.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Wifey and I would like to go! We will have a 5 month old baby and we have no idea how THATS going to go...

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Assuming my car(s) are running, :)eek: :p ) I'll be there too! Aww heck, even if they aren't...

Leave your whining it Kalkasticzan, will ya?

Let me know how your cyl head work is going.

Kirk

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
I plan to attend *but* there's a chance I won't make it as I have a commitment in October in Tennessee (non-VW/TDI event) that the date has not yet been set for. I know the organizer so will try to get them to avoid the Oct. 15 weekend so I can do both.
We hope to have you there Robert, with your camera in tow!

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Since this thread fell off the forum, I'll bump it back up.

I may be there in my new GTI if emissions-complying volatile-fueled cars are allowed.... ;)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I've failed to make this two years running, so I'm going to watch this thread and try again.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e

I may be there in my new GTI if emissions-complying volatile-fueled cars are allowed.... ;)
I just made it a sticky. Sorry for not doing that before - I try to stick all active GTG threads in their respective forums. :eek:

Celco

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 4dr ALH 5-speed
Had a great time meeting everyone last year. Look forward to coming again this year. Ill probably have some parts for sale again if that is cool. Ill make a list of whats available and not bring everything I own this time. That was too much.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI

Frugs, you know you're always welcome no matter what you drive!

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
yeah, but he doesn't usually show...:rolleyes:;)

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Two years ago, due to Kirk's harassment, I showed up. And stayed for about 10 minutes. :D Didn't really recognize many people from the Lew Pavlovich GTG days. Last year I was there for 5 minutes. I swear, as the almighty Kirk is my witness! ;)

This year I'll just be a blur, and it won't be just due to your drinkin'....goin' for a GTG record....

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
OK if the wifey and I pop in for a bit ?

We still have the condo in Rockford and would be nice to meet some MI TDI folk.

Stinkyfingers

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Variant, '03, Made in Germany, silber, 486,000+ miles and still singing!
October?!! Geez, I don't even have an October calendar yet!:eek:

fungi131

TDI
2005 golf
Looking forwad to my third year.
I may need a hand swapping in some pd150 injectors if jsrmonster can make it again, he seems to win the Mr. Popularity contest every year!

I can pull key codes and VCDS scans if anybody is interested.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Looking forwad to my third year.
I may need a hand swapping in some pd150 injectors if jsrmonster can make it again, he seems to win the Mr. Popularity contest every year!

I can pull key codes and VCDS scans if anybody is interested.
We can get your injectors pulled, no problem

Kirk

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Hi,
It's on the calander. see you there.
Jeff ;-))